cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O feedback members

It seems to me that these ) feedbacks members are a big problem. I buy and sell boats and they are always screwing up the auctions. Now I'm selling a boat and three are in a bidding war, sad, what can one do ?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: O feedback members

"... three are in a bidding war, sad, what can one do ?"

Be glad your item has bids?

I have had far more problems with high feedback buyers than 0 feedback people. We all started with 0, right?

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Accounts with no buying history should have a dollar limit they can buy or bid to per transaction without placing some kind of deposit on file with eBay.  

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

It is impossible to ascertain a buyer’s legitimacy based solely on a feedback score. More information is required. Low feedback buyers deserve the benefit of the doubt until their actions prove otherwise. Scammers always tip their hand. But casting aside new accounts out of fear they might be scammers is akin to throwing the baby out with the bathwater. 

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

@monroe131 

I can't begin to tell you how many times I've desired something and used Google to search for it.

VERY often a listing on eBay pops up and I purchase from that search.

I like to support small sellers..

That said, I wonder how many people that aren't eBay members have done the same thing..

My husband doesn't have an eBay account- when he finds something he has me buy it but he could be a zero FB buyer without my help.

I can assure you he isn't a scammer and would follow through with his bid/purchase..

That's just the other side of zero FB for you to consider. I'm not saying they can't be a problem or that they can't end up as scammers, sport bidders etc.. They can but they can also end up in a nice sale.

CHEERS

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

There is nothing that can be done to block a zero feedback member from bidding simply because of their feedback score.  Ordinarily, as an auctioneer, I love competing bidders to get into a bidding war.  Alas!  Since I don't believe bids are binding in the category you sell in, it is probably not that good a thing here.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many of my 0 feedback buyers from the past now have feedback in the 100's. 

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

I've never done this as a seller, but I believe you can restrict bidders based on a minimum feedback score.

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

@edtrade99 wrote:

I've never done this as a seller, but I believe you can restrict bidders based on a minimum feedback score.

Sorry you can't do that. eBay will never allow that- 

How could anyone ever get started on eBay if they are blocked at the door..

You can restrict based on unpaid item cases & bid retractions. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

The OP is selling in a category that has slightly different rules than most eBay categories.

It's a boat.  In that category, bids are non-binding, so either party can simply walk away from the deal, no harm, no foul.

Hard to see how a boat buyer could "screw up" a seller.

Buyer comes to inspect boat, bringing money.  Inspects boat.  Decides he wants boat.

Hands over money.  Seller hands over title and keys.  Buyer hauls boat away via boat trailer.

Or, buyer decides he does not want boat.  Buyer exits.  Seller still has boat.  

Would like to hear further from the OP about buyers screwing up boat sales.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

@edtrade99 wrote:

No, it's not possible.

Have a great day.
Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Unless a seller's listings are set not to sell to a buyer with two UPI's in twelve months, there is no way a seller can restrict based on UPI's because the seller cannot see the buyer's UPI record.

And, yes, I know you know that, just posting in case there are sellers who misunderstand your message.

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

The OP is selling in a category that has slightly different rules than most eBay categories.

It's a boat.  In that category, bids are non-binding, so either party can simply walk away from the deal, no harm, no foul.

Hard to see how a boat buyer could "screw up" a seller.

Buyer comes to inspect boat, bringing money.  Inspects boat.  Decides he wants boat.

Hands over money.  Seller hands over title and keys.  Buyer hauls boat away via boat trailer.

Or, buyer decides he does not want boat.  Buyer exits.  Seller still has boat.  

Would like to hear further from the OP about buyers screwing up boat sales.

They bid, win, don't follow through. Listing isn't free.

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

I see only 1 "0" bidder involved.

Cancel, and block if you feel the need.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Unless a seller's listings are set not to sell to a buyer with two UPI's in twelve months, there is no way a seller can restrict based on UPI's because the seller cannot see the buyer's UPI record.

And, yes, I know you know that, just posting in case there are sellers who misunderstand your message.

@soh.maryl  Thank you for that..

Yep legacy searches.. I get it and I appreciate the extra info for future readers for sure.

CHEERS

~Pika~

Message 15 of 27
latest reply