cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now that eBay has played with International Shipping, no International sales

I swear everything they make better, makes it worse. I used to get a few international sales a week, now there's nothing. Is there anything left for them to break? I still get a sale from Puerto Rico every now and again. Maybe they can upgrade and streamline that. UNREAL!

Message 1 of 78
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It seems the only international sales that are occurring are cheaper sales with no import fees, and ones to countries that do not charge import fees.

With eBay charging the import charges due now at checkout, it seems the guaranteed fact that these charges are being assessed, may be preventing the sale from occurring.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 35 of 78
latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

Do you think international buyers want to purchase from you and ebay is somehow preventing them from doing so?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 78
latest reply

You have a few EIS listings but most of them are showing eBay international standard delivery.  Did you used to use the gsp or EISD?

Message 3 of 78
latest reply

I'm not sure, but I believe Ebay is having some technical issues with views.  I've seen other sellers state they are also having issues.  I will see if I can find out more tomorrow.  It is getting a bit too late for this old broad.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 78
latest reply

It's like when you wake up to the sunrise for 50 years and everyday it's there and then eBay starts messing with the sun and no longer does the sun rise.

Message 5 of 78
latest reply

"issue with views"? That's really the only reason eBay exists, is to make listings viewable. It is it's whole purpose. Without viewable listings, eBay is just a group that pizzes off the world.

Message 6 of 78
latest reply

Do you have the correct weight and dimensions listed for your items? 

Message 7 of 78
latest reply

@the-hook-and-the-loop wrote:

"issue with views"? That's really the only reason eBay exists, is to make listings viewable. It is it's whole purpose. Without viewable listings, eBay is just a group that pizzes off the world.

OK.  

Views don't necessarily = sales.  I've had plenty of sales over the years that had no views until that buyer came along and purchased it.  So while what you said in this post may be true for you, it isn't true for everyone.

Keep in mind that many times that views are showing in the way you may be use to seeing doesn't actually mean that no one can see your stuff.  Often times it is just a software issue that isn't recording the views.  They are there, the numbers just aren't registering for whatever reason.  Ebay has had this problem many times over the years.

As I stated earlier.  I will be trying to look into this a little more today and see if I can learn anything that may help.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 78
latest reply

They broke the standard envelope system.  Now, when you have more than 1 item in an EsE order, tracking will not upload; nor can you manually add.  Woke Ebay outsourced IT, so you have a bunch non-english speakers running the donkey show.

Message 9 of 78
latest reply

You do realize that Puerto Rico is part of the US and therefore not an international sale, correct?

Message 10 of 78
latest reply

And how, exactly, would outsourcing IT make eBay "woke," never mind how could you possibly know this?  And you do know that "non-english speakers" have IT skills too, right?  In fact, there are many "non-english speakers" who would know that "English" should be capitalized.

Message 11 of 78
latest reply

Only a Personal Story.  but my Dad worked in Semi Pro sports.  He has lots of friends in Canada, we're in Detroit, he's in his mid-80's.

He was driving items, infrequently, across both bridges into Canada, we're talking like 50 year old Hockey tickets.  Gets stopped, "So you're scalping tickets?"

He has spent decades mailing sports items, from Detroit to Canada.  Weeks later, he finds, never received.  Then when they are "found," every item has been opened.  And either totally damaged or items missing.  We're right nearby too, no real reason for that trouble.

Message 12 of 78
latest reply

This is why I say all the negative impacts to sellers are deliberately done by ebay.  They are too smart and spend a lot of time working on this stuff.  So when it breaks everything, one has to conclude that its ebay's desired result.  I mean it happens on everything they do to the site.  People cant keep saying ebay knows what its doing and the problems aren't created by ebay (ie its always the sellers fault), yet absolve them when the "fixes" and "changes" make the system worse and break things.  The logical conclusion is they are making things worse on purpose.  Because it always gets worse after system mods.  Always.

Message 13 of 78
latest reply

Wait.....didn't you just say that eBay knows what it's doing?  But....but...but.....people can't keep saying that.  The logical conclusion is.......wait, what?

Message 14 of 78
latest reply

I would suspect that it has more to do with how prohibitively expensive international shipping has gotten lately. A couple of years ago before COVID, I shipped a plush toy to Australia. It weighed a little over 1 lb and cost me about $20 to ship.

I just shipped another plush toy to Australia the day before yesterday. Same weight as the other one (a little over 1 lb), same exact class of mail... that one cost almost $40 to ship.

Message 15 of 78
latest reply