cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notta For 3 Days Now, What is REALLY going on?

I averaged around $1600/day in 2016.

I had a down Q4 for 2017 and a downhill slide since then. I was putting $1,000/day or more up in an effort to get $500/day or better out.

What seems to be the new normal for the past two months is around $250.

I am not going to offer free returns or do too much promoted listing. I don't like the policy changes and I am sure they don't need me to. I can accept $250/day as the new normal and I will just put my hard work into other platforms with policies more in line with reality and common sense.

I won't mail you an item for you to look at and mail back. I don't like people doing that and I will argue over it each  and  every  time. That cost me. I know that. No desire to change it.

But...

What on earth is going on the past three days!?

Anyone else have their history of slow sales interrupted by a period of no sales latley? Does your graph look like this or is it just me? It really really really seems like there is a switch somewhere being flipped. At some point they will flip it and I will sell 20 items in two hours. I have seen it too many times. Its not a coiencidence.

I search for my items and I find them. I have others search for my items and they find them. I am not always the top result but I am in there at an acceptable place really.

I don't think there is anything I can do to change it, just wondering if others were experiencing the same thing. Just curious.

It would be super cool if I could call the CS of the platform and get some meaningful answers rather than mindless "turn on free returns" non-sense and no effort whatsoever to even begin to look at what the problem is.

I think maybe there is an issue they won't admit to, or they know their infastructure is inadequet so they are prepared with non-answer answers.

For everything that happens conditions exist such that nothing else could have happened.
Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Notta For 3 Days Now, What is REALLY going on?

@kateinthe26th wrote:

Your replies to neg feedback are just hilarious, seriously the best laugh I have had all day.

No kidding!  I was wondering if this was Donald Trump's side business.

Message 31 of 41
latest reply

@baydistributionllc wrote:

I have not looked at the feedback of the last five things I have purchaed.

You read only the negative feedback. If you look you will find lots of positive feedback from people who had issues. 

But Ebay makes it so easy to ONLY see the negative by separating them and putting them in red "read me" format.

The responses, although funny and perhaps factual, likely aren't helping.

Message 32 of 41
latest reply

as said thereis a multitude of platforms to list on, they all take different approachs to listing. The best advice I can give ito diversfy on as many platforms you are willing to

Message 33 of 41
latest reply

YES! Thank you for confirming that this is A THING, not just me.

Message 34 of 41
latest reply

Can you look at mine and tell me what the problem is?? Please?

Message 35 of 41
latest reply

I do have those days, many in a row of late. This has been the worst year ever but the last few months are totally unexplainable. Like there's a switch, many times, being toyed with willy- nilly. 

Message 36 of 41
latest reply

Things have been selling pretty good for me but last 3 days NOT one single sale. NO low ball offers, absolutely NOTHING. I have no idea what is going on. I got the 500 free listings so I just listed like 200 more items. I hope something gives tomorrow. So no, it is not just you. I been wondering what is going on too. Even if sales slow for a day or two I still sell stuff and get lots of offers, even tho I don't accept them. I was getting offers like crazy about 4-5 days ago but it was like items $20-50 items and getting offers for like $3, I can't even cover shipping with that. Minimum is 3.50 for me to ship. I don't get it, just nothing past couple days. My husband been selling like crazy. This is my full time job and its just a side thing for him.
Message 37 of 41
latest reply

Have you looked at your feed back perhaps it is the condition of the items you sell, how you represent them, and most of all how you deal with and treat your buyers? The real question is why you are allowed to sell on Ebay at this point.

Message 38 of 41
latest reply

It's the end of summer.  A lot of people are concentrating on vacations, upcoming start of school.  Unless you're selling school supplies, I think it's a pretty slow time for everyone.  But as days get shorter and shorter, and the holidays are on the horizon, things will pick up. 🙂

Message 39 of 41
latest reply

i wouldn't hesitate buying from you after reading those quite admirable to the point follow-ups in this new age of PC everyone lying to your face especially corporate entities and one is supposed to be silent and pretend they believe the blatant lies they churn out senselessly, saw some that you admitted you were wrong along with the most entertaining feedback follow-ups that i miss seeing from the old ebay i can barely remember that was FUN,in your business,i think the only way you could do it better is in the top of your store tell buyers you are very meticulous with utmost certainty they will get items as described,to the very few scammers we must deal with we have zero tolerance for the a-moral lying few.
Message 40 of 41
latest reply

I went to the category I know best, jewelry, and yours are very very overpriced.

So I will just say look at all your listings and do comparables.

So are your two jewelry boxes.

Plated Pearl bracelet for $81.00 - why?

CZ jewelry in silver - $40.00 - ?

I can find that for $9.99.

Message 41 of 41
latest reply