cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing sells anymore

First time ever my store fees are more than my monthly sales.

i 'm a top rated seller with approx 500 items listed over 2 IDs, and 1.02% defect rate.  BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO BE SELLING FOR WEEKS NOW

This place has turned into a freaking ghost town.

I wil be cancleing my store subscription unless i can see a turnaround this month. It no longer make sense to spend any time around here.

Message 1 of 98
latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Re: Nothing sells anymore

I am sorry, I feel your pain.  E-bay has screwed me for my last time and I will not forget it.  May God bless you, I know it's rough if you thought E-Bay would help you with extra income.  It won't take most Sellers to wake up and see they have been scamed.

Message 46 of 98
latest reply

At least they are not trying to rob their Sellers for an income while giving the Buyers all the goods for free.

Message 47 of 98
latest reply

The sales may come back and bite you.  Any complaints E-Bay gives your items away and you pay!!!

Message 48 of 98
latest reply

Yea, I love my cats and they are all the world to me.  May God Bless you, and I hate E-Bay.

Message 49 of 98
latest reply

I agrre with you, if you got a store and you cant sell aything what chance i ve got, just trying to even sell a one item, i dont think people want anything free let alone you get anything paid for it. I sold a book, post it and cost me 2.80GBP and guess waht it come back, the guy paid me 2.70GBP now i have to post it again and it is going to cost me another cost of post, and you loose the money. . There is no way anybody going to sell anything on e bay any more. to be honest nothing is selling on online anymore, i am going to trying to reny my item thing see if that works. To be honest internet is so saturated it is a beyond a joke. 

Message 50 of 98
latest reply

I agree. That is why I cancelled my store subscription twice.  And when things did not sell, they lowered my rating percentage.  As if that is going to attract people to your store.  You are getting penalized for nothing and then Ebay wants to make sure they put the nail in your coffin.  Do they think that if they penalize you for not selling that this is going to attract more people to your store?  Ebay is only hurting themselves in the long run.  Now, I just sell things as a non-store owner on Ebay and I actually do better than when I had the store!

Message 51 of 98
latest reply

Whereas I am having a hard time buying things I want becasue the prices go too high.

“Like crying wolf, if you keep looking for sympathy as a justification for your actions, you will someday be left standing alone when you really need help.”
― Criss Jami

Message 52 of 98
latest reply

I find that eBay is very good for selling rare items otherwise you attract garage sale buyers.

Message 53 of 98
latest reply

Yeah i agree on this thread... ebay seems to be declining in popularity yet they do not want to admit it with their fees, and corporate policies...

Unless you have the "Niche" item and sell it for "Craigslist" prices, you are not going to make a good turn-around profit on ebay....

I will have to start working on my ecommerce website, and open my own store and generate my own traffic.

Hope ebay wakes up and does something... Cause i cannot to the life of me get even one sell at the moment. Smiley Mad

Message 54 of 98
latest reply

Google rss feed has been turned off

GO PACKERS!!!
May the cheese be with you
Message 55 of 98
latest reply

I see 9 things listed....

Message 56 of 98
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, I had over 1000 items listed valued at over $9,000.00. I sold $684.00 in 30 days PATHETIC!!!!!

In years past selling the same merachandise I would easily make $300.00 a day consistently. 

Either the economy is really bad, or else Ebay has become the new Good Will store.

My merchandise is new and underpriced. After 13 years I am finally giving up. Got better things to do.

Message 57 of 98
latest reply

Just checked my other site out for traffic. Over yonder, We have had 80 views so far today. SERIOUSLY I have had ONE view on ebay.  Maybe cassini thinks its following buyers, and deciding what the buyers want to look at and buy. But you know what I believe? I believe a seller needs views to make a sale. No matter what your selling. You need views. I will relist some items, but with no expectations at all of anything positive happening here or changing for the better. Its been over a year since this all started. It is a waste of time.

Message 58 of 98
latest reply

Yes, I have 4 to 9 views -total - for things that used to sell rapidly for twice (or more) the money.

Now nothing and this has been a decline that has been going on for about 3 years now.

I am ready to move on - can someone - anyone - private message me some info on where to go?

I sell mostly women's things (I am aware of PMark) but sometimes sell all kinds of random things.

Message 59 of 98
latest reply

Sadly , only high-end & very rare items sell on eBay in 2016 now ... usually for twenty cents on the dollar ! Competitors smell blood , which is why u c TV ads for Letgo , etsy & Wallapop . Add to that , eBay giving buyers the benefit of the doubt in every dispute is a horrible business model . When u get complacent , bad things happen !
Message 60 of 98
latest reply