cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing sells anymore

First time ever my store fees are more than my monthly sales.

i 'm a top rated seller with approx 500 items listed over 2 IDs, and 1.02% defect rate.  BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO BE SELLING FOR WEEKS NOW

This place has turned into a freaking ghost town.

I wil be cancleing my store subscription unless i can see a turnaround this month. It no longer make sense to spend any time around here.

Message 1 of 98
latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Re: Nothing sells anymore

Oops, I intended to say NEXT month....it's not January quite yet.
Message 16 of 98
latest reply

I'm a small seller.eBay keeps sending me messages asking for me to try a eBay store subscription.eBay's been sending me those messages since,I started selling on eBay.eBay's sales & traffic dropped to a halt since last Sept.I'm sure glad, I didn't take eBay up on that subscription offer back then.Or my fees would be more then what I make on eBay.The sales on this platform is very poor.

Message 17 of 98
latest reply

My sales on 2 accounts bottomed out at the end of May. One day I was doing fine, the next day it was like I didn't have anything listed, no sales. I didn't even gear up for Christmas this year. Who wants to pay listing fees when nothing is selling?

I still think the "Silent limits" that an eBay employee let slip are part of the reason for poor sales. 😞

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.
Sunny

Message 18 of 98
latest reply

Same for me. I am making it a new years resolution to stop selling and find another way to supplement my income. 

Up until last week I had sold two things and made about $7 profit. My fees for the previous month were about $7.50 (clothing listing fees). For me it was the first time I truly had made less than it cost me to list. So screw it, I'm done. I sold a couple of clothing items far below value (a Jill Sander blazer for $10 ex.) just to make the fees this month.

IT is depressing. I'm giving all my stuff to goodwill over the next month.

Message 19 of 98
latest reply

@got_a_lot_to_sell wrote:

@allourstuffiscool wrote:

LOL, funny you should say that not a minute ago I left a coment that I felt like I was in the movie Flatliners.........

CLEAR!

Darn! It didn't work.

That's because it requires 2.4 gigawatts of power to go back to the future ...

Is eBay even open?

error

Sorry! We're currently experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to complete the process at this time.
Message 21 of 98
latest reply

@*eponymous* wrote:

@aandnb wrote:

First time ever my store fees are more than my monthly sales.

i 'm a top rated seller with approx 500 items listed over 2 IDs, and 1.02% defect rate.  BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO BE SELLING FOR WEEKS NOW

This place has turned into a freaking ghost town. Run by idiots and smashed right to the ground!

I wil be cancleing my store subscription unless i can see a turnaround this month. It no longer make sense to spend any time around here.

If you've checked your item visibility and your items happen to actually appear, it could be that buyers have exercised their shopper's prerogrative....

I hope you don't have to pay "early termination fees" on your store subscription, as another poster said.

Shoppers like me- and there are many of us- exercise their perogative to shop somewhere where searching isn't a battle and where our mailboxes don't fill up with "CONGRATULATIONS!!!" and "DO YOU WANT TO OPEN A CASE?" emails every time we make the smallest move on here.

Shopping elsewhere is actually relaxing and fun. "Shopping" here is a frustrating nightmare.

I would tell the OP that it's beyond time to branch out.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 22 of 98
latest reply

gramophone-georg wrote:

Shoppers like me- and there are many of us- exercise their perogative to shop somewhere where searching isn't a battle and where our mailboxes don't fill up with "CONGRATULATIONS!!!" and "DO YOU WANT TO OPEN A CASE?" emails every time we make the smallest move on here.

Shopping elsewhere is actually relaxing and fun. "Shopping" here is a frustrating nightmare.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS!  It's hard to shop when you can't find a darn thing. I hardly ever shop here anymore.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 23 of 98
latest reply

I've been selling on eBay for several years and been quite successful until the late summer of 2014...

I'm tired of being invisible in the search standings when I have items listed at nothing prices with 100% feedback. I see the same exact items that I have listed in the same condition sell at auction over and over again for 3 times the price that I'm asking in a BIN Premier store listing. I could list a one pound .999 solid gold bar for $1 and it would not sell for weeks, months or not at all. I understand how eBay works or at least I thought I did at one time. This **bleep** has got to stop....Yes I'm **bleep**!  Who ever this new person running or should I say ruining eBay is should know that we all together help build eBay to what it was last year and the years before (ha ha..yes not today).  Sometimes we had to give items away and lose money to make eBay look good and we worked 8-9 hours a day for free a lot of times to do this. We did this because we knew the money would come and it did come. Yes the money did come even in a bad economy. Why not now?

The bottom line is eBay decides what we sell and when we're going to sell it. These days all eBay cares about is raising our seller fees as they cater to the sellers based in China. Someday you and I won't have even a small chance of selling anything here because it's going to be full of big companies like Wal Mart, Target and Chinese sellers selling everything for nothing prices including antiques and vintage items. This is very disappointing to me because I've always been loyal to eBay until I lost my ass every month giving things away and losing money. But I'm still here trying to make a come back.

If eBay does not change it's thinking very soon (like today) then the time may have already come to explore other ways to sell online. Yes there are other selling websites today that will only grow fast and get very busy very soon thanks to eBay.

If anyone from eBay reads this please feel free to forward it to the new person in charge. I would love a phone call so we can discuss these problems that eBay has been having over the past several months.

Message 24 of 98
latest reply

What Iceberg?

Message 25 of 98
latest reply

No offense to anyone in particular, but I've always wished that when people complain about sales, they incidate what they sell. 

Sometimes I check (out of curiousity) and it's always clothes or glass bowls from goodwill.

I sell action figures and (I'm seriously not trying to brag) but sales have gone up almost every month since 2012.

It may be a market saturation problem, not always an ebay problem.

Message 26 of 98
latest reply

How can what you say be true? You have ZERO (0) feedback...
Message 27 of 98
latest reply

How do you not know people use different ID's for posting and selling?  You have thirty-three hundred and fifty two (3352) feedback...

Message 28 of 98
latest reply

@gustersauce wrote:

How do you not know people use different ID's for posting and selling?  You have thirty-three hundred and fifty two (3352) feedback...

Yes I know some people have more than one account ID on eBay...

So what are you trying to hide?

Message 29 of 98
latest reply

Well, I can be kind of  , so I'd like to keep all that separate from my store. Smiley Tongue

But I didn't think anyone would need to see which Chewbacca's I sold last week.  Just has always been my observation that if people shared what categories they sell in, they could get better specific help.  I only read a couple of these threads a day, and dismiss anyone talking about clothes and goodwill bowls.  But if I saw an action figure seller having problems, I'd take notice and help if I could.

Message 30 of 98
latest reply