cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting feedback

Hello fellow eBayers! 

We are a top rated seller with a store and have a 100 percent feedback record. Nonetheless, we have noticed recently that many of our customers do not leave feedback. Are any of you experiencing this? With each purchase we send a packing list with a handwritten thank you note. We also attach a thank you card or sticker to the note that also encourages them to contact us with any issues and if they are happy with the transaction to please give use positive feedback. However, only about 1/2 to 2/3 of our people give feedback. What can we do to encourage positive feedback? We also send out coupons to our customers with an appreciation note. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

electricgaragesale

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Not getting feedback

We are a top rated seller with a store and have a 100 percent feedback record. Nonetheless, we have noticed recently that many of our customers do not leave feedback. Are any of you experiencing this?

Being a Top Rated Seller and having a 100% feedback is not going to somehow inspire buyers to set aside time to use a clumsy interface to leave you meaningless feedback they have no incentive to give.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Yes buyers hardly leave feedback anymore.

I estimate about 10% or 1 in every 10 buyers leave me feedback.

That's just how it is.   I wouldn't worry about it. 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@electricgaragesale wrote:

Hello fellow eBayers! 

We are a top rated seller with a store and have a 100 percent feedback record. Nonetheless, we have noticed recently that many of our customers do not leave feedback. Are any of you experiencing this? With each purchase we send a packing list with a handwritten thank you note. We also attach a thank you card or sticker to the note that also encourages them to contact us with any issues and if they are happy with the transaction to please give use positive feedback. However, only about 1/2 to 2/3 of our people give feedback. What can we do to encourage positive feedback? We also send out coupons to our customers with an appreciation note. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

electricgaragesale

I know how you feel, but 1/2 to 2/3 of your buyers leaving you FB is AMAZING. I was averaging 30% to 50% FB. The last 10 transactions, just 2 of 10.

Like me, you started in the snail mail days of payment, to the early eBay years, which is more personable, like Mayberry with Aunt Bee. LOL.

I remember back in the day of snail mail payment or early PayPal years, I had quite a few buyers sending me follow up Christmas cards, follow up notes, cards, or just emailing me telling me how they LOVE the item(s).

Sadly, eBay has made their platform sterile... lacking individual personality, imagination, or new ideas. Today's eBay climate is... Every seller is a dime a dozen and every buyer is a dime a dozen.🤔

Like others have mentioned on previous threads regarding this FB topic. NO FB is sometimes good news verses leaving you a negative or a neutral FB.

Finally, if you are really itching for more feedbacks, I added this to my thank you note with the item(s) sent to build FBs in my early days of selling. "Feedback appreciated, but not needed". ‌😁

ZZZZ_176.jpg

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@electricgaragesale 

"However, only about 1/2 to 2/3 of our people give feedback."

WOW -- that's a HUGE percentage -- between 50% and 67% feedback response!

I think the average for most of us is between 20% and 30% -- so you're "throwing off the curve," as my math teacher used to say.

My advice?  DO NOTHING.  You seem to be doing far better than most of us -- so don't rock the boat!

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

My average is about 20% and I think that's amazing. 🙂   

But otherwise I agree, past a certain point there is no difference to a buyer if they see you have 500 vs 5000 vs 10,000.   Especially if the 12 month positive ratio is 100%.

I rarely buy on eBay but most of the time I forget to leave feedback as well.  I *try* and catch myself and go back and do it, but if even a seller forgets to leave feedback when they are a buyer ...

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I may get in the area of 20% at most.

No feedback.............  is good feedback in some instances. Seems that today's buyers are more inclined to leave feedback only when there is a problem.

My rating is also 100%. Well, not everything. Shipping cost stars are 4.8. Thing there is, some buyers have no concept of what something cost to ship. My charges are often less than what I actually pay, and when not, it is just pennies difference, but then even less than retail. Some are conditioned/entitled  thinking shipping should be "free". 

Shipping time I think 4.9. I always ship sooner than my stated handling time. Again conditioned/entitled frame of mind from same day/next day/2 day delivery.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Your percentage of feedback received is higher than average.   As on-line purchasing has become more common and routine, fewer people leave feedback.

You have all the feedback needed to assure potential buyers that you are an established seller who knows what he is doing. 

Your responses to the neutral feedback is commendable and also reassuring to potential buyers that you are a professional.

You're doing great just as you are, so don't go poking any sleeping bears. 

-

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I wouldn't worry about it. Your feedback score is actually higher than the 2750 if you include the detailed seller ratings (the stars). 2750 is only the ones that left comments, I believe. 1/2 to 2/3 is pretty darn good rate! Just keep doing the excellent job that your customers expect from you. I will take quality feedback over quantity any day. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Don't worry too much about receiving feedback. Just keep on providing good service & you will be OK. Keep in mind that some buyers might be burned out in providing feedback. These days, everyone wants feedback.

Hang in there!

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

This may be silly on my part, but, to me, a seller with 2750 FB and a TRS should not waste any time fretting over FB.  

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Since they changed the purchase format page, it is hard to find where to leave feedback.  Maybe this is the problem why you are not getting feedback.   I hate the new purchase page.  They should have just left it alone.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Never can be fully sure as to why (but I do have my sneaking suspicions though) my number is a ridiculously high 82%.  And it was certainly not from asking for it. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply