cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not fair for sellers

My account was restricted from selling for 3 days

i didn’t do anything wrong I didn’t list anything that goes against the rules

also there is this buyer that bought 7 items and never paid for answered any of the messages 

I am not sure if I’m allowed to put the user name of this person on here to warn other sellers 

if I’m allowed an someone please let me know 

also it’s not fair as a seller we can’t leave negative feedback but the buyer can on us

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Not fair for sellers

eBay, seemingly, only wants cheaters, fraudsters and foreign slave-labor merchants selling here.  At least that is what it is beginning to feel like.

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Not fair for sellers

Are you sure you didn't do anything wrong that goes against the rules?

I thought eBay explained why they did a restriction.

So did you cancel that buyer's 7 purchases, using "buyer did not pay" as the reason?

You cannot warn other sellers by messages here and you can't leave negative FB for buyers.

Negative FB is not the way you damage buyers.  You cancel, citing buyer did not pay.

We all have to operate within the rules.

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Not fair for sellers

Can't warn other sellers here?!

lol...speaks volumes, doesn't it?

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

Not fair for sellers

When you were given the restriction, there was at least some indication of the reason for it.  In eBay's view, you did something wrong.  Look carefully at what you were sent to try to figure out what that was, so that you can address it.

No, you can't name the buyer here.  If it were allowed the forums would be overwhelmed with unhappy sellers reporting buyers and unhappy buyers reporting sellers, and the purpose of the board (mutual assistance by eBay members) would disappear under the weight of it all.

Remember that public naming and shaming of other members would be used by competitors, jealous girlfriends and boyfriends, bitter ex-spouses, disgruntled employees, angry neighbors, and anyone else with a beef and a desire to harm.

-

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Not fair for sellers

I wonder if this statement in the description is an indication of the problem?

Shipping is $2.50 for 1st class mail with no tracking. TRACKING IS EXTRA

you can't "Charge extra" for tracking........you either offer it or you don't.

If you use first class package rate, tracking is included in the shipping price.......

If  you use first class  rate, it is not included....... (max wt.....3.5 oz)

Your earrings would probably be less than 3.5 ounces.  But I doubt some of your other items are. 

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

Not fair for sellers

Nice catch. and that may well be the problem.  I see that in Completed and Current Listings.

-

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

Not fair for sellers

What did the email say that they sent you?

Have a great day
Message 8 of 30
latest reply

Not fair for sellers

It could possibly be the "Croc" keychains too. @harrisgiftideas have you been getting VeRO notices??

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY
Message 9 of 30
latest reply

Not fair for sellers

@stevemartin60 wrote:

Yes, it means that people aren’t allowed to trash anyone here, including you, because there’s no way for readers to know if what’s posted is truthful. That should be obvious to almost everyone.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Not fair for sellers

@harrisgiftideas wrote:

also there is this buyer that bought 7 items and never paid for answered any of the messages 

Stop running auctions. List your items at fixed price/BIN with IPR. You'll never have a non-payer again and item won't be considered sold until payment is complete. 

Raise your shipping charges enough to have tracking. Tracking is for your protection as proof of delivery to your buyers. 

Without tracking showing delivery, you are at risk of buyers filing INR and getting to keep the item AND a refund! (And the refund will be from your funds.)

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Not fair for sellers

Are you certain of the restriction? Your  items are still up for sale. What did the message say that eBay sent to notify you?

I took a look at your Completed listings to see every sale ended with just one bid. You might consider selling your items by fixed price rather than auctions. Auctions are best for rare items or things hard to put a price on. It might help improve sales. Shoppers are often impatient to receive their purchases and may not be willing to wait to see if they won an auction.

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Not fair for sellers

"Can't warn other sellers here?!

lol...speaks volumes, doesn't it?"

Here's the pertinent quote from the Community Guidelines.  There are a few specifics that I have deleted for this response, but posts that "name and shame" other eBay users are specifically prohibited:

"Content and actions not permitted 

Inappropriate content or content in violation of these community guidelines, or the eBay User Agreement, should not be posted. You agree to refrain from posting content or taking actions that are:
. . . . . . . . .

• dishonest, unsubstantiated, or designed to mislead
    . . . . . . . . . . .
  • calling for petitions, boycotts, lawsuits, or other calls to activism in either posts or private messages or to otherwise drive traffic elsewhere
    . . . . . . . .
  • about another user’s listings or user IDs to tarnish their reputation (e.g. “naming & shaming”) or otherwise calling the community to action. NOTE: It is appropriate to respectfully comment on an item or listing shared by a seller looking for feedback about their listing or the item listed . . . . . . . . ."

My quote here also includes the guideline against posting comments that are dishonest, unsubstantiated, or designed to mislead.  I think it's a good rule about which people need to be reminded.  

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Not fair for sellers

You do not get restricted for a buyer not paying. You did "something"  wrong. It should say in the message.  As far as the buyers not paying, it is automated and you need do nothing as the buyer automatically gets flagged. NO, you cannot name and shame a non payer. Just relist: suggest BIN IPR and you will not have that issue again.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Not fair for sellers

@stevemartin60 wrote:

@stevemartin60   No, it speaks of nothing. There is no reason whatsoever for the OP to put a name on here.

Message 15 of 30
latest reply