cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not fair for sellers

My account was restricted from selling for 3 days

i didn’t do anything wrong I didn’t list anything that goes against the rules

also there is this buyer that bought 7 items and never paid for answered any of the messages 

I am not sure if I’m allowed to put the user name of this person on here to warn other sellers 

if I’m allowed an someone please let me know 

also it’s not fair as a seller we can’t leave negative feedback but the buyer can on us

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Not fair for sellers

Good grief. You want a free for all here where accusations are just slung around? Would you be pleased if another member became frustrated with you for no reason and just decided accuse you of things here on the forum? Probably not. Ebay doesn't know who is right or wrong, so it's just a blanket ban on that sort of behaviour. 

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

“As far as the buyers not paying, it is automated and you need do nothing as the buyer automatically gets flagged.”

It is only automated if the seller sets it up to be automated

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

Your remark: " As far as the buyers not paying, it is automated and you need to do nothing as the buyer automatically gets flagged" may give the wrong impression to sellers, especially new ones.

If/when a buyer has not paid in 96 hours, the seller can cancel, citing "buyer did not pay" as the reason. Or the seller can set his listings so that this happens automatically.  Is that what you intended to say? 

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

Did you open an Unpaid Items Dispute against the deadbeat?

That would end the transaction, give the deadbeat seven Strikes  which restricts his use of the site, and refunds any fees you may have incurred.

Or.

Did you end the transactions manually? If you did, what reason did you use?

By going through the Claims/Cancellations process your account is unharmed.

But if you cancelled as Out of Stock , you gave yourself seven Defects, which would lead to the restriction

And if you left false positives for the deadbeat, they can have those removed and again you get Defects.

Other effects of Defects can be higher fees and restrictions on the number and value of your listings.

EBay does not use feedback to assess member accounts.

And the only ones who will ever read your FB Left for Others are your future customers, who will not be impressed by a seller who slags buyers.

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

Yes I did the one I have to wait until the 4 days are up on the rest

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

Yes, that is what should happen. I have no clue why someone would NOT set up his selling account to auto cancel. Especially since not only the OP, but many sellers complain daily about non payers.

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

There was a reason that Ebay restricted you for 3 days and it was not because of this deadbeat.  LOOK in MY Ebay and look in messages. There has to be an email or two from ebay.   Did you recently list something that is not allowed like ivory products or toy cap pistols?  Did ebay close the ad (s)?  Did you relist them?  That got me 3 days of "vacation time" a few years ago.     Do you have any VERO violations?   Anyway,look for an email.

Giving out 7 unpaid strikes to a buyer will not get you a restriction.   Have you provided ebay with any document that they asked for like a valid ID?

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

With a restriction, the listings stay up but the seller can not edit.  They can't change the price or the photos. They can't list new stuff or relist during this period. SO it's a mini vacation.

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

@stevemartin60 wrote:

eBay, seemingly, only wants cheaters, fraudsters and foreign slave-labor merchants selling here.  At least that is what it is beginning to feel like.

This doesn't help nor does it have anything to do with the OP's issue at hand.  There is no need to make the OP feel worse than they already do.  That helps no one.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 24 of 30
latest reply

@harrisgiftideas 

It is in your best interest to revisit that email you got from Ebay.  Not only the one you got that notified you of the 3 day suspension, but the ones you got before that.  There is likely at least 2 if not 3 emails you got from Ebay telling you of some issue you have.  They may or may not have closed the offending listing.

But you need to review these emails closely as in them Ebay DOES tell you why you have a problem.  It is essential that you know and understand what the problem is or you will be doomed to repeat it.  And if you repeat it again you will likely get a 7 day suspension or longer.  Or worse yet your selling privileges completely taken away from you.

"Shipping is $2.00 for 1st class mail with no tracking. Tracking is extra."  That statement is from your active listings.  Which I know another poster has explained to you this is a NO NO.  You need to take that seriously and get it out of ALL your listings.  And you should ship with tracking as it is in yours and the buyer's best interest to do so.  So raise your pricing to accommodate shipping with tracking.

If you have been charging your buyers more for shipping to accommodate the tracking, that is AGAINST the Ebay rules.  Sellers are NOT allowed to charge more for shipping to the buyer than is stated as the shipping on the listing.  So HOW MANY times have you done this?  This may be the issue or part of the issue.

While you may not think it is fair, Ebay did warn you before they took this step, you just didn't take it seriously.  Now you know.  If after reviewing the emails you still can't figure out what you are doing wrong, post the body of the emails here and we can help you.  Black out any private info as we don't need that nor should you post it.

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

I spoke to eBay and that has nothing to do with it

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

@harrisgiftideas wrote:

I spoke to eBay and that has nothing to do with it

OK, well it will.  They just haven't caught up to you yet.  It is against the rules, so you need to take it out of your listings and then reprice your shipping to allow for tracking.

So now you need to go back and read the emails you got from Ebay.  The warning emails and the one you got for the 3 day sanction.  The answer is there somewhere.

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

It's never a good idea to tell your buyers that you will not be tracking their purchases. Most people are honest, but , well.

Either upgrade your shipping to a tracked service or move to Free Shipping.

DON'T PANIC copy.jpeg

Free Shipping means you have put your shipping cost into the asking price for your item.

Which is cheaper a $7.99 romper with $2 Shipping or a $9.99 romper with Free Shipping?

Doesn't the second sound like a bargain?

And if you get multiple purchases, you get more than your actual shipping cost and can use the extra to upgrade to a tracked service.

Since you can't list for a few days, use the time to review your current listings and get more listings ready. Or just get outside and enjoy the spring sunshine.

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

I think its more they have an extreme bias towards siding with the buyer, often in direct opposition to sellers' evidence the buyer is either wrong in what they say, or they are not really a legitimate buyer, but a scammer.

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

OMG TRACKING IS ALWAYS NEEDED AS ITS PROOF THE SELLER DELIVERED! 

Every label I've ever printed out, including down to 1oz, has had tracking. This is the norm now. Maybe 10 to 15 years ago or longer there was options for tracking but TODAY its pretty much built into the system. You shouldn't even be mentioning an option. The only thing you should ever say about tracking is,  FREE SHIPPING AND TRACKING INCLUDED WITH PURCHASE! Then add the cost of shipping, or some of it, to the purchase price. You NEVER NEVER NEVER DON'T NOT WANT TO NOT INCLUDE TRACKING WITH A SALE! It opens you up for loss of profit, loss of inventory, loss of money and loss of hair from stress of not knowing when or where or if the item was even delivered! Lol

Aye aye aye... listen to the good people here who been doing this for a while now. First rule, don't over complicate the listing because it drives buyers away in droves and opens you up for ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED returns at your expense. Just sell via buy now, take detailed pics and write simple honest brief yet detailed description and offer FREE SHIPPING because the word FREE is always a positive for the buyer (even tho you're collecting it on the back end but don't over charge, it isn't for profit stream, just for psychological and easier selling experience), and finally your listing is streamlined and buyers just flood in and click buy, pay, move on, you get money's and both parties are happy when tracking says DELIVERED

Message 30 of 30
latest reply