cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not 1 sale all weekend??

It is crazy for 4th quarter. But, not 1 sale all weekend for us. Almost 1000 listings and no sales and no offers.  What is going on?  We were hoping for more, especially for the holidays.

Anyone else?

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Not 1 sale all weekend??

Yes, people are reluctant to pay the current shipping prices unless they simply can't find it locally or with free ship to store (for new stuff).

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 16 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

Don't feel bad, I haven't had a sale in 1 month.

Message 17 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

This is the season where people buy gifts for others and do not buy for themselves unless they have money left over and it is an irresistible deal.

How much of your inventory is likely to be purchased as a gift?

I had a better weekend than I expected after a slow week.

I check my store have been seeing the items which sold this weekend on the first Best Match page for several days, suggesting these buyers were either hesitating on the buy decision or waiting for a pay check.

Message 18 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

Some friendly advice-some of the titles of your Fast Food Premium toys need work. For example “Disney Happy Meal Toys”, I searched for that and got 36,000+ results. No one will find your items without more information. You need the restaurant, character, year, and movie/TV show if applicable. If you are selling 2 or 3 together this should also be stated (or selling individual). As chapeau-noir stated you don’t need extra/redundant words like “preloved condition” in the title. It already says “pre-owned” under the title. Another example-the finger puppets should read something like this: McDonald’s Disney 1988 Finger Puppets Oliver & Company Francis and Oliver. You just need to do more research.

Message 19 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

you mean to tell me using the words “ vintage”, “rare” and “LOOK” are not a good idea

Message 20 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

I disagree... first word in title is Barbie....collectors know what is old or new...in descriptions .

I am only going on experience in selling.

And my other half collects Barbie...do you collect Barbie?

Not Barbie specifically, but I've sold vintage for over 20 years on a number of different sites. It can be just about any vintage market. Title AND description work together in search unless an item is specifically only vintage - it's all about being found as many different ways as possible.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 21 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

This is the first year I am anticipating no real bump up in sales for the holidays. Hope to be wrong. Sales have tanked on Amazon. I had a good weekend with auction sales but my sources are drying up and I will soon have no good stuff to auction. 

Message 22 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

Thanks, but I will end up donating those soon. I was helping out my daughter, as we list together.  We have already sold the bulk of those. We try not to keep too many item too long and keep rotating for better variety. Things move in cycles and we sell what we like to sell, what interests us. 

Message 23 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

I was helping out my daughter, as we list together.

Thats really cool to hear :). By the way i really like your Happy Days lunch Box!!! I thought about purchasing it from you but at this point in my life im trying to thin things out 😞

Message 24 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

Please don't take offense to this.  I mean it with no disrespect.

If you have no sales, people don't want to buy what you are selling.

People have a hard time grasping this wild, crazy theory of mine.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 25 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

or......they're not being shown to the people who would?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 26 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

20 year seller and down 60% this year.  despite all SEO fixes, varying promoted percentages and running various pay per click campaigns.  Promoted listings has destroyed the search experience for buyers.   If you look up Mexican pottery..the first page of results are generally junk that people are trying to get rid of at high promoted rates.  That IS NOT a good look for eBay, nor does it promote optimum sales volume.  I would leave the site in seconds as a buyer after seeing the first page of substandard product results...looks like a bin at goodwill.   I sell a lot of high quality..high dollar Mexican pottery.  I do get some eBay search exposure with my 2% promotions..eventually..but nothing like it used to be.  most of my exposure comes through when I appear as "other items" on other sellers paid promotions (a whole other scalping topic there).. But I get near ZERO exposure on Google shopping.    If you are a buyer and search for "Mexican pottery sideways tilting pot" you will see mine eventually if you started your search on eBay but if you searched on Google, not one of my 8 pots show on Google (even sorted by Ebay tab).  not one.  But you do get a few cheap, totally non keyword related pots  on that Google tab.  So that proves that none of my SEO efforts, keyword alt text..links..perfect 1:1 ratio 1600 mpx whiteout back products will make it through to Google, even if the buyer types in that very specific sideways flower pot.  Such a frustrating sales experience for buyer and seller and lost oppty for eBay.  That is 8 pots a buyer could have chosen from and eBay could have profited from..but as you can see.  AD fees are eBays number one priority.  You pay to play.  Sale fees are now about 20% of my heavy ship item ($135+40ship+8tax) that eBay takes ($37 per flower pot).  Outrageous..and that is IF a buyer can ever find me offsite again.   It will drown us all if they cant somehow increase the buyers search relevancy and quality experience beyond their hyper focus on ad fees both on and off site.  

Message 27 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

As mentioned here there appears to be something wrong with search. I ran into two problems last night listing.  I have volumes of a Stephen King series.  They come up fine in Solds but in current searches you get ALL versions of a title. The keywords are being ignored. Same with a magazine. The search results are a complete mess. How are people finding what they need when keywords are ignored and search return tons of inappropriate items?

Message 28 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

Aren't we always Hoping ebay will fix something or other?

Message 29 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

or......they're not being shown to the people who would?

If that's what you want to believe, so be it. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 30 of 48
latest reply