cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not 1 sale all weekend??

It is crazy for 4th quarter. But, not 1 sale all weekend for us. Almost 1000 listings and no sales and no offers.  What is going on?  We were hoping for more, especially for the holidays.

Anyone else?

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Not 1 sale all weekend??

Not THAT bad, but Q4 this year has certainly been a dud so far.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 2 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

Are you selling a vintage or  whatever...title makes or breaks you.

What is a vintage for sale?...nothing really.

I saw the word "Barbie" should be your first word....it's Barbie and not a vintage something.

I would change your titles.

What are you selling? 

Most buyers know what vintage is....Put the item of what you are selling...for example...Barbie...it screams and vintage doesn't.

Message 3 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

This weekend has been terrible here for us as well....and I think my titles/info is pristine!  I am doing better elsewhere but this used to be my only platform and I did not need anything else!  It's very sad....

Message 4 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

I agree. I have updated and refreshed this Fall preparing for this time of Year. I feel good about what we have done, & our products. Very, Very unusual. Thank you and I hope it gets better for all of us.

Message 5 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Are you selling a vintage or  whatever...title makes or breaks you.

What is a vintage for sale?...nothing really.

I saw the word "Barbie" should be your first word....it's Barbie and not a vintage something.

I would change your titles.

What are you selling? 

Most buyers know what vintage is....Put the item of what you are selling...for example...Barbie...it screams and vintage doesn't.

"Vintage" makes a real difference in a number of categories.  For instance, vintage Barbie collectors may not want new Barbies.

Stuff I wouldn't put in titles is "New with tags" "Brand New" "$189 (or whatever price new)" or descriptors like "beautiful" or "GAWgeous" (yes, that used to be a thing). But vintage, yes.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

For clothing sellers - the competition has gotten huge, not only here but on competing sites, and clothing retailers nearly giving away items because they're still backlogged from the pandemic/supply change snarl-up. Sellers on Posh are having live shows begging people to take their stuff for $3-$10, and flat rate shipping up to 5 lb.

And used clothing sales have generally never been that great in the holiday run-up (certain exceptions apply), anyway. I pretty much expect very little until after the holidays.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

You can't pay your bills with hope.

Take control, when something no longer works, or doesn't work as expected,  it's time to make a change

Message 8 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

I disagree... first word in title is Barbie....collectors know what is old or new...in descriptions .

I am only going on experience in selling.

And my other half collects Barbie...do you collect Barbie?

Message 9 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

Hope and Faith are very important to us. They WILL get us through. We have rolled with changes all through the last few years. We will persevere, because we have to. If we can continue to do this, keep the bills paid and help others along the way. We count ourselves Blessed. 

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

For as long as I have been here I have seen a weekly post like yours.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 11 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

As you know, retail sales can be variable—anyone can have an off weekend. Your sales will certainly pick up, altho i agree that pre-owned items is not as enticing a category for holiday gift sales.

A small word to the wise regarding feedback: when responding to customer criticisms in feedback, i would hesitate to lecture buyers about their choices in addressing issues in that forum.

Of course it is frustrating when a buyer does not contact the seller first, before leaving negatives. But buyers are free to do so and it violates no eBay rules. Attempting to school buyers in feedback “protocol” can come across as somewhat blaming the customer.

Why are buyers not contacting the seller first? Some buyers believe that No Return sellers would not be open to dialogue about their problem, and that they are then on their own. (Therefore they do not contact their sellers.) But given that you are open to refunding unhappy customers, why not go ahead and enjoy the benefits of offering a more buyer-friendly return policy? 

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

Ebay's search hasn't been working all weekend, so perhaps buyers can't find your items.  I noticed it gives hundreds of general results for a specific query. It's very frustrating. Hoping eBay will fix it soon.

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

BUT, if said buyer leaves a 500 character neg basically accusing the seller of listing and sending damaged goods when it's pretty obvious the damage was caused in transit, THEN requests a return for refund, but admits they can't return the damaged goods?

I'd say they pretty much shot themselves in the foot by NOT contacting the seller first.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 14 of 48
latest reply

Not 1 sale all weekend??

I had 5 sales today out of 125 listed items all were auctions. Friday-Sunday I had 30 sales scattered across multiple forums/venues mostly local with local pickup. That was out of around 150 listings. The cost of shipping has tilted the playing field considerably and I for one expect it to continue to do so. 

Message 15 of 48
latest reply