cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Views

Hi, I have sold on Ebay for almost 20 years and am a Top Rated Seller. I have found in the past year that visits to my items are virtually zero. I believe I provide a very descriptive title utilizing key words. I even attended a class at an Ebay University several years ago in Boston as to how to write the perfect title. So my question is....what the .......... has happened? I spend time creating each listing with detailed title, great photos and easy to read description with all particulars.  I have read about the same issue for others  with replies about bots, glitches, algorithms etc. Why did they change a working system. I've looked in to other online auction sites. Is there really a glitch and is Ebay going to fix this? Help!

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No Views

It's gonna be tough out there with offering only two items. My advice would be to list much more, on a regular basis. eBay has almost 2 billion items on it so it's easy to get lost in the swamp.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

No Views

Good Question. Im sure someone will be along shortly to give you their point of view...

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

No Views

It's gonna be tough out there with offering only two items. My advice would be to list much more, on a regular basis. eBay has almost 2 billion items on it so it's easy to get lost in the swamp.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

No Views

No amount of technique can make up for lack of demand or serious oversupply.

Since we have no detail on your items, I assume you are using a posting account, not your main selling account.

There are many items which were great sellers 20 years ago which are impossible to sell today. I own some of them.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

No Views

@pep119 wrote:

I even attended a class at an Ebay University several years ago in Boston as to how to write the perfect title.

Things change and what was relevant that long ago may not apply today. The first handful of key words in your title are the most important.

Item:

Sealed 2009 MEGA Hometown Collection 1000 Piece Puzzle Catalina Island Heronim

If you're the buyer, are you going to search Sealed 2009 MEGA ? Probably not.

What about something like:

Catalina Island Puzzle 1000 Piece MEGA Hometown Collection Heronim

That's an item with a fixed market value, so instead of a 99 cent auction, which will cost you money if it actually sells for 99 cents, how about switching to fixed price? Buyers typically don't want to wait a week to see if they win common items. Auction format is not a great fit for everyday items that aren't in high demand.

Hope that helps.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

No Views

@pep119 

As I have stated before in other similar threads commenting on "no views"....You can have 500 views and no sales.  Views are simply that, views.  Sales are what count and what pays the bills.  My suggestion would be to list some more items and use your social media buttons (if you use any) at the top right hand side of the your page.  You see the word "Share" Attach your listings to what ever SM you use and see if that will get you some looks and perhaps even some sales.  Good luck.

Happy Selling. 

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

No Views

No glitch and nothing to fix. It is impossible for Ebay to make someone click your listing. Either buyers decide to click on your listing, or they don't. You only have two listings and not in demand so your odds are very slim to get more than one or two views.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

No Views

As I have stated before in other similar threads commenting on "no views"....You can have 500 views and no sales.  Views are simply that, views.  Sales are what count and what pays the bills.  My suggestion would be to list some more items and use your social media buttons (if you use any) at the top right hand side of the your page.  You see the word "Share" Attach your listings to what ever SM you use and see if that will get you some looks and perhaps even some sales.  Good luck.

EXACTLY!!!

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

No Views

Adding on to @wastingtime101 : Reword your brooch title. For example, drop "Vtg" since buyers do not use that abbreviation in their search. Also, move the "brooch" to the third word---Joan Rivers Brooch etc...  And I agree that these items should be BIN rather than auction.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

No Views

@murph1727 wrote:

Adding on to @wastingtime101 : Reword your brooch title. For example, drop "Vtg" since buyers do not use that abbreviation in their search. Also, move the "brooch" to the third word---Joan Rivers Brooch etc...  And I agree that these items should be BIN rather than auction.

Agreed. And I didn't mention this earlier, but item specifics can be beefed up a little.

On the brooch, if the vintage IS is checked off, that'll pull the item in search when someone looks for vintage brooch or vintage joan rivers jewelry.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

No Views

Hi, thanks for responding. I agree with you. I used to have several auctions going at once, but since I have had such low reviews, bids and sales, have tapered off dramatically. I'm starting again to put some items up for auction. I'll see how it goes.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

No Views

Hi, thanks for replying.  I always understood that the order of your title words didn't make a difference as long as you incorporated the important words in a title. Am I incorrect? That would certainly change my order of things if that is the case.  If so, I agree with you updated title suggestion. 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

No Views

The first few words of your title are the most important @pep119 .

GLORIOUS!

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

No Views

SAME! 😡

And some of the listings are items that other people are managing to sell for higher prices than my listings.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

No Views

We had one of these happen this week! How does that work!

Message 15 of 18
latest reply