cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sales

I think ebay has finally run its course. I started out on the platform 22 yrs ago. My sales were consistent until the past year. I realize the economy is bad however, I am experiencing a drought and have been for the last 6-8 months. I have decided to pull the plug. It is no longer fun or worth my time. I have other platforms. I am grateful for that. Does anyone else share my feelings? geese24

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: No Sales

I do about 3 to 5 sales a day....not sure what no sales might mean to different sellers, that might mean no sales to some....I don't bother with marketing sales they never work for me....I've done 20 % off, 50% and buy one get one free, testing the waters to see how it goes and never nothing, I do the promoted listings from 10 to 15 % off , I do notice when I end listings and sell similar ,that seems to help and the reason I know is the long tail items suddenly start selling again.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

"my guess is ebay is throttling sellers to encourage new users to pay up for their service.  why promote a user that has less fee % over a fresh user that has max fees?  ebay has always been about behind the door max profit at any cost. "

Blocking sales is a way to maximize profits?  That's a ridiculous and false way of thinking.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

"my guess is ebay is throttling sellers to encourage new users to pay up for their service.  why promote a user that has less fee % over a fresh user that has max fees?  ebay has always been about behind the door max profit at any cost. "

You agree that blocking sales is a way to maximize profits?  That's a ridiculous and false way of thinking.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Around this time last year Mondays were 15 to 20 orders sometimes 30 orders. That is gone. 3 days 0 Sales. We're working on bringing traffic to our own website and it's working. We have a shopify website and they do advertising and propagate your keywords so we get traffic. We're negative with profits on eBay and we import directly, no middle men and still not profitable. I just don't bother anymore. If they don't make changes this will be their downfall

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

I think people don't necessarily want to drive to the flea market.  I think people get used to being able to order online and want to stay home, especially when gas is expensive.  Just IMO.

I like to read the different experiences of people.  Even though this thread will probably be closed for "reasons," I think these things are helpful to read.  Different perspectives and experiences are useful for sellers planning what they want to do.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply