cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sales, There is something going on here No Sales, No Sales, NoSales

Hey Folks;

My sales are down by 50%. There is something going on here on ebay. Just read the current Q3 report release and sales off ebay has dropped 10%, Active Buyers Declined by 5% ,  GMV up 9%.  Ebay is making money off the backs of sellers with higher fees, 90% growth off Managed Payment systems, offside ads with no sales.  

Ebay is charging enormous fees with no sales off Sellers. This is bad news for sellers here.  This will result in sellers leaving and diversifying more to other sites, social media sites, their own SEO sites to make a living. 

What is ebay going to do to help sellers?

Message 1 of 84
latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

Same here, sales tanked, impressions go lower when i promote items and the search is an absolute joke now.  This is my last year here. Tired of the **bleep** constant changes to the site that only seem to make ebay worse.  

Message 76 of 84
latest reply

They are driving more traffic to the high volume stores. Not stores in general. They even said they were focusing on the big money sellers. Interview was on e-bytes.

Message 77 of 84
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is so true..    Buyers  expect  bargains.   I  sell  out of my closet  and most items  were never used.  I  know  the quality of my inventory  and I sell everything at a loss to me.   No matter how much I  lower the price  I get hit with ridiculous  low ball  offers.   So  I put a lower limit on offers..  and  now I get no offers or sales at all.  I'm  about ready to move to  a new platform.

Message 78 of 84
latest reply

This makes sense.

Small sellers without stores will see reduced traffic to their items.

Sellers not paying extra for promoted listings will see reduced traffic to their listings as its being shunted to others paying for promoted listings.

Most sellers are not high value sellers, so they won't see benefits from ebay's new strategy.

Three real reasons for what people across the board are experiencing.

Message 79 of 84
latest reply

So basically they are screaming into a bunch of bullhorns what we've already known; they are trying to finish off and get rid of us small sellers so they can turn the site into something extra tacky.

Message 80 of 84
latest reply

My sales are down 100%.  No sales in the last 4 days. Usually this time of year I sell thousands of $$.

This is the season.

I've promoted, marked down and have sent out offers.

Couldn't upload photos to finish a listing.

Is EBay dead?

Message 81 of 84
latest reply

My sales finally took off again after Trump was arrainged.  I think some buyers are stressing about politics.

Message 82 of 84
latest reply

Economy is in the toilet. 

Message 83 of 84
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 84 of 84
latest reply