cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie question: What is the process at the post office when using ebay postage labels?

New seller here, I'm wondering if there's anything I need to prepare for at the post office when using pre-paid postage labels. Do I simply just hand in the package over the counter and they'll give me the proof of lodgement (after confirming things of course) and that's that? Or is there more I need to know? I usually just put parcels into street posting boxes if I ever need to send something, but the package won't fit and I've been told that it's a bad idea anyways since I wouldn't get any proof of lodgement in case something goes wrong.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Newbie question: What is the process at the post office when using ebay postage labels?

@downunder-61  Can you help a fellow Aussie?

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Just make sure you get the label scanned and a receipt showing so (USA Postal) 

I now see the OP is in Australia 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

In the US; yes, nothing else to do if handing a pre labeled package to a postal worker at the post office. Many are nice and ask-do you want a receipt; some are not a won't give you one even if you ask. 

Also, in the US; you can just do a 'pick up' from your front door/porch and your daily carrier will pick it up for you. 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

you can just put them in a bin and go.................its called drop and go

I do not like to wait around to get them scanned...its not for me

I like to life on the edge so I skip the scans

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Always get a scan, most post offices now offer self serve that you can scan yourself,  and pop the item into the shoot provided - and always keep receipt.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

In the US...

Most people just "drop and go".  No need to wait for a receipt.

If you need/want  a receipt, you have to wait and get one from a clerk.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

In the US...

Most people just "drop and go".  No need to wait for a receipt.

If you need/want  a receipt, you have to wait and get one from a clerk.

Wow, that sucks.........

Hello by the way and hope you are feeling better every day 😊

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I can actually relate to this post. I just searched how to print a pre-paid Ebay label at the post office self serve kiosk. Turns out you can't...you still need to wait in line and turn it in to the counter.

I've actually felt dumb my whole life...asking questions.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

Always get a scan, most post offices now offer self serve that you can scan yourself,  and pop the item into the shoot provided - and always keep receipt.

The times I've been there, I've been impressed by how far ahead Australia Post is to us.  I live in a crowded area with a lot of small business and we don't even have self-service - I have to go down into Seattle if I want self-scanning.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I would hand deliver and receive a printed tracking paper. Usually when they are picked up, you don't receive a receipt. You need proof you mailed the package. I used UPS once because the pkg was heavy and UPS was nearby. It was inside a local Staples store. They scanned the pkg however there was no printed receipt. I got a, I'll call it, demerit, listed on my dashboard for not uploading tracking info.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@rabites-n-chocobos wrote:

I can actually relate to this post. I just searched how to print a pre-paid Ebay label at the post office self serve kiosk. Turns out you can't...you still need to wait in line and turn it in to the counter.

Hi @rabites-n-chocobos Actually, it is the smart ones who have enough forethought to ask questions when needed. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I'll try n'd remember that!!!!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@rabites-n-chocobos wrote:

It's the SMART ones who ask questions - so you're good.

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 14
latest reply