cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Ebay and feeling like a school leaver

Hello Ebay community / veterans!

I have just opened a store and Im wondering if anyone has any advise in terms of how long it takes for people to trust you enough to make a purchase whilst you dont have any ratings yet. I feel like a school leaver scanning the job classifieds where every position states "experience required"

I know I know..... perhaps an impossible question to answer but Im feeling a little low.....

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: New to Ebay and feeling like a school leaver

@elementaltreasure wrote:

No no...... it means someone who has just finished school and has no work experience. Hard to find work without experience 🙂

@elementaltreasure 

So... here, we'd say a 'graduate'. There's nothing left to do besides leave school... 😂

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Glad we have cleared that up 😂🤣😂

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Thank you so much for this! I had no idea one could view sold listings until now. Had a look at a few other minerals and its definitely the cheaper ones that sell. My focus is on high end specimens. I used to bulk wholesale and the ones that I am listing are the top AA / rare pieces. This is food for thought.... perhaps I am on the wrong platform... OR.... I just need to keep at it until I find the right clients. 

I tried Etsy first but honestly its just so full of glitches and issues.... which I found surprising considering its size and the amount of people using it.  I gave it my best but Etsy and I cant seem to play nicely. The final straw was having my shop suspended with no particular reason given (just a generic email from them with multiple possible reasons.... none of which I was guilty of) No way to speak to a human there either (despite their slogan being "keep ecommerce human") After three weeks my store was reinstated with an email apologising for the inconvenience as it was closed in error..... by then I had already started setting up my eBay store. 

I might not be moving any mountains on Ebay (yet 😅) but one thing I really am moved by myself is the incredible support I'm finding on the community forum... many thanks to you all!

Message 18 of 18
latest reply