cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New seller asking for advice

Hi, I´m Ana, a new ebay seller!

I started selling in January with all the limitations on how much I could list, I think I only could list 10 products in the first month!

Today I have 280 listings and I add about 5 new listings every day. I subscribed to a store.

I sell my handmade ceramics and pottery, which I understand is not an easy-to-sell product.

I am running a sale to see if it attracts more customers. I haven't sold anything yet!

I also sell online in other places.

I would like to ask the more experienced sellers to take a look at my store and point out what I could improve if you have the time of course!

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Greetings from Portugal!

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: New seller asking for advice

Hi, thank you for your advice!

I only use my picture to give a more personal touch. I´m selling handmade and I think it gives more confidence to the buyer to see an actual person. I might be wrong!

Best offer added! I tend to forget that when I list, thankfully we can add the best offer in bulk!

I haven´t seen the coupons yet. I will definitely create one. I´m still experimenting with the sales, my plan is to increase the discount to see what works for my store.

My sales are not slow, they are inexistent. I´m still waiting for my first sale. I think that is why it won´t let me use the promoted listing.

Thank you for letting me know about the share button, it took me a while to find it. I tend to do well on Pinterest, it´s easier to share with that button.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Thank you!

If you are going to buy something from overseas, it will take longer to arrive and will be more expensive than when you buy from nearby. We only buy if it is something unique that we love and can´t find where we live.

Although I have to agree with you on the price of the mugs, I wish I could sell them cheaper without losing money. I just check Terapeak for the sold mugs and the average sold price is $20, but they are print on demand. The handmade ones are a bit more pricey.

Usually, those who buy handmade are people that like to support handmade artists and understand what goes into handcrafting something. When we are looking for cheap stuff we buy industrially made products.

I try to price my work fairly after calculating time, materials, and other expenses, unfortunately with the rising prices on everything it is not easy to keep the prices low.

If you look at some of the handmade pieces that are sold and make the math, you will find out that many artisans are losing money when they make a sale.

Sorry for the long answer!

Best wishes

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Thank you and good morning to you too!

I appreciate the suggestions you made on the shapes of the beads and will look into that.

Shipping costs are a nightmare with heavy pieces. I hope they stop raising the prices all the time!

Those buttons are great to use on coats or to decorate a simple blouse, a common piece of clothing can become a designer piece with those!

Best wishes

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@ceramicaanarafael 

I agree with you on changing the look of a garment with your designer buttons and beads. I also would use that in descriptions, sometimes folks need ideas! Some of your buttons would look darling all over a plain sweater. My mother would have been all over your buttons as she was a well known designer herself!

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

In some mugs, I have added the capacity in milliliters. Here in Portugal, we don´t use ounces. Now that you mention it maybe it was a good idea to add it to the title!

I will have to convert milliliters to ounces and maybe add them both to the title. The diameter and height I put in the description in centimeters and inches.

Shipping is crazy right now! When I sell a bead, the shipping is higher than the price of the bead. I try to reuse shipping materials when possible which helps to keep the costs lower, but that is the most I can do.

I should try to sell pairs of some pieces to try out. I already do that with the smaller pieces for the same reason.

Thank you

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Thank you!

I will do that.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply