cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New return policy

This is so unfair to sellers , you now have to offer free returns for 30 days no matter what even mistake by a buyer and you foot the bill for your shipping and you pay buyer shipping back absolutely ridiculous!! I can not belive ebay thinks this is a good idea , I will be looking to other sites to sell ,and will reduce my selling on ebay , I just had a buyer open a case after they told me in email it was there mistake and ebay said I still had to pay both shipping cost because they are no longer close cases even when they know it is buyers fault and policy will go into affect on June 2018. Small businees will be hurt I am not amazon and people will abuse this and sellers will pay!

Message 1 of 126
latest reply
125 REPLIES 125

New return policy

100% agree and sellers like us have to complain.  Never had a problem in several thousand transactions until this came to be the policy.  Absolutely being abused.  Please complain to ebay at higher than the lowest level.  Make the call.  Sellers have to be heard.  Where is the "seller protection"?

Message 2 of 126
latest reply

New return policy

@u2bella wrote:

I can not belive ebay thinks this is a good idea

It is a great idea for eBay.  It increases sales and (thus) eBay commissions ... but eBay doesn't have to pay for the return.   Zero cost to eBay, and lots of profits.

Small businees will be hurt I am not amazon and people will abuse this and sellers will pay!

Amazon doesn't offer free returns on most items ... they and most every other on-line retailer knows that a liberal returns policy is cost-prohibitive.

Message 3 of 126
latest reply

New return policy

hi yes agreed more profit for ebay !!! No loss for them!!! but you are wrong most items that are sold by amazon are free returns  within there time frame!

Message 4 of 126
latest reply

New return policy

Each and everyone one of us should be able to  have our own return policy I have a brick and mortar store no one tells me my return policy we have our own. It should be the same way here on ebay.  I beleive 7 day returns are long enough . If you mark your items no returns then there are no returns. Best Buy is only 10 days. I had a customer file for a return Not as described I had to wait 6 weeks before ebay took it off The customer kept emailing me that they were returning the part but never did.

Ebay why cant each of us have our own return policy ?? It may be your site but its our store our business. You need to listen to your sellers.  What is wrong with each of us having our own return policy ?? Customers just need to learn how to read !! Reading is taught in grade school If they didnt learn its not my problem.  I have people that dont even know there own address and from what I  have read on here thats also my problem.  I have had cases myself of a buyer purchasing a part and then days later emailing stating there address was wrong and wanting to know what I can do about it like its my fault.

Message 5 of 126
latest reply

New return policy

@u2bella wrote:

but you are wrong most items that are sold by amazon are free returns  within there time frame!

Perhaps you are thinking about Amazon Fashion or Prime Wardrobe ... regardless, if free returns are offered for an item then it will be stated beside the price.   My family shops a lot at Amazon, and the last two items I returned had charges for return shipping deducted from the refund ... neither were Amazon Fashion. 

Message 6 of 126
latest reply

New return policy

While Amazons return policy is liberal, we sell there also, they protect the sellers quite well.  Goes like this

you have to take back returns, you can't have a no returnt policy

however

buyer pays return shipping every time (unless they can prove it was not as described)

Amazon does not put up with the NAD returns, they actually side with the sellers quite often 

meaning they investigate any NAD thoroughly and often times will pay off both parties, but 

they keep track and use that as a guidance towards how they judge the case

Sellers are quite well protected in Amazon.  Shipping is not an issue becuase they control it quite well.  Unlike LAZY Ebay who just lets things run amuck here.

Rich 

Message 7 of 126
latest reply

New return policy

Starting in May 2018, we will streamline our returns policy options. Buyers' expectations are continuously evolving and we strive to deliver a returns experience that is consistent and competitive with the changing marketplace. Our simplified return policy options will help drive a retail-standard returns experience for buyers and may boost your sales. We recommend that you begin changing your returns policies now.
The five return policy options will be:
No returns accepted
30-day buyer-paid returns
30-day free returns
60-day buyer-paid returns
60-day free returns 

An ebay even if buyer purchase by mistake they told me we have to cover there shipping 

Message 8 of 126
latest reply

New return policy

I'm sorry, with these listed opions, I don't see the problem.

@u2bella wrote:

Starting in May 2018...The five return policy options will be:
No returns accepted
30-day buyer-paid returns
30-day free returns
60-day buyer-paid returns
60-day free returns 

Message 9 of 126
latest reply

New return policy

Nor do I if Ebay supports out decisions as sellers to offer NO RETURNS.

Hey Ebay ......Flash a post before a buyer pushes that buyer now button that says.....

WARNING THIS BUYER DOES NOT ACCEPT RETURNS.  EBAY WILL MAKE NO FURTHER DECISIONS ON A RETURN IF THIS ITEM IS PURCHASED.

I would be more than happy to keep my items for sale as NO RETURNS.

And unless a gross misjustice ebay should stand by thier sellers with this posted

Call it the bargin section or clearance section.  I dont care how they do it, there are stilll a LOT of buyers that like to shop like this.  I have a B & M store that sells 1000s of dollars a day of this kind of product.

Rich 

Message 10 of 126
latest reply

New return policy

ok so if your buyer purchase by mistake you ship the item they want to return the item but they tell ebay item not as described choice instead of change my mind choice and you have ebay emails saying that they said they purchase by mistake , ebay used to cover you on this , they will not going forward you will have to accept the return and pay the shipping and lose your shipping to them and no restocking fees!

I have a problem with this !! 😐

Message 11 of 126
latest reply

New return policy

Hi

Thank you for the info. I have been doing the 30 day buyer paid returns for a long time. The problem is that my return policy in my brick and mortar store is 7 days that is plenty long enough for a buyer to decide if they want the item or not. I am not saying that they must have it sent back to me  in 7  days I am saying that within 7 days after they receive the item they should be able to make up there mind on wether they want to return it or not.   I keep hearing that other e commerce stores are doing 30 60 days free returns with free  return shipping. Could you give me a list of some of them because I havent  found any that I buy from. Unless it is there mistake I pay the return shipping It makes no difference if I ordered the wrong part.  You know it would be great if I could go buy a new car, house, boat,  use it for 59 days and return it for a full refund. I would never have to actually buy another again. Great Idea huh. Its the same thing.

Message 12 of 126
latest reply

New return policy

@triodiode wrote:

Hi

I keep hearing that other e commerce stores are doing 30 60 days free returns with free  return shipping. Could you give me a list of some of them because I havent  found any that I buy from.

Here are the major US retailers that offer free return shipping on all their items, but their free-return window may be as short as 15 days.

1. Zappos ... other smaller shoe retailers do as well (e.g., Shoes.com)
  2. Gap (includes Banana Republic & Old Navy)
  3. Bed Bath & Beyond
  4. Nordstrom
  5. Neiman Marcus

I think that's it, aside from smaller shops and some brand stores (e.g., Uggs, Apple)

Amazon offers free return shipping on a lot of their Amazon Fashion stuff, but not on everything they sell.

Message 13 of 126
latest reply

New return policy

Okay, so am I wrong in thinking that the only real change is the restocking fee?

Ebay has long allowed the other things, I think (we get very few returns so don't have a lot of experience with them).

@u2bella wrote:

ok so if your buyer purchase by mistake you ship the item they want to return the item but they tell ebay item not as described choice instead of change my mind choice and you have ebay emails saying that they said they purchase by mistake , ebay used to cover you on this , they will not going forward you will have to accept the return and pay the shipping and lose your shipping to them and no restocking fees!

I have a problem with this !! 😐

Message 14 of 126
latest reply

New return policy

Hello I have to agree on this matter. I am a small vendor shipped a large package free shipping and the person just contacts ebay and returns because he changed his mind.  I dont have a problem on small items but it cost me 30.00  on that one item. As much as they charge for fees it should be up to the seller on how they want to handle returns. We are not amazon! 

Message 15 of 126
latest reply