cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New quirk in automatic relist?

Anyone notice their sales history is wiped out as well as all watched item totals, each time a multi-variation listing is automatically relisted, and it is given a new item number which then shows zero watchers, zero item sold, and zero sales history?  The old item number listing then get put into "unsold" "not relisted" category also which makes us think that it has not been relisted and so you go look the listing up in your store and it has indeed been relisted automatically but changed as I stated.

Buyers then see your listing as having sold zero which hurts potential business and you cannot access your sales history on the listing itself, and your potential customers who are "watching" your item see it as gone!

This has been happening to me regulary on most of my multivariation listings set up to automatically relist until sold.  I have called eBay 4 or 5 times about it and a report was put in two months ago but have not heard a thing and the issue goes on... 

I am getting pretty disgusted.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: New quirk in automatic relist?

Sounds like you are using 30-day duration with automatic relist, rather than choosing the "Good until canceled" (GTC) option for listing duration. If you want to retain the same listing number, sales totals, watchers, etc., then you must choose the GTC duration, not 30 days.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I will go check them all, but I have not changed any automatic relist settings up to this happening and for over a year all has gone smoothly aside from occasional auto relist failure msgs. which I then manually resolved. Will be back later....
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Good until Canceled, GTC, is not an option anymore on the Automatic Relist Menu.  Only options are:

"Relist continuously until an item sells"

or "relist once if an item does not sell" 

or "no rule"

The listings I have set up to relist continuously are being put into two categories...1."not relisted" (because ebay is suddenly (never before) assigning a new item id# to a listing before going ahead and relisting it) so that now you have two of the same listings with two id#s.  The new id# listing gets put up as an 2. active listing without any record of your sales history and the second original id# gets put into your "not relisted" column, making you think it wasn't relisted at all, which it was not technically, but another copy with a new id# was.  

This is maddening to have to go look up these "Not Relisted" items to make sure that they are being relisted into your active listings.  Having no prior sales history shows up on the listings as #available/0sold, even though you have sold one or more.  This discourages buyers from buying because they think, "well, nobody else wanted any so perhaps I don't either".  Having a continuing sales record with your listing shows popularity and gives buyers confidence in your product.

This needs to be changed back the way it was.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply