cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Lots Of Listings

Does anyone knows what happens if we delete for example 100 listings, that they are over 60 days, in one day? Is this healthy for the account?

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Delete Lots Of Listings

It is ALWAYS in your best interest to use the terminology that Ebay uses so that you can make sure to get correct or valid information.

Sellers can NOT "Delete" listings.  Seller CAN close a listing whether it is an auction or a FP listing.

Closing FP listings does not harm the health of your account or your seller stats.  So feel free to close them whenever you'd like.

What is your reasoning for wanting to close listings that are over 60 days old?  Do you intend on listing them again in the hopes of increasing your visability?  Are you confident you understand the difference between doing a Sell Similar vs a Relist?  I caution you to make sure you understand the difference so that if you have Watchers on any of those listings you don't lose them.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Delete Lots Of Listings

@mam98031 wrote:

It is ALWAYS in your best interest to use the terminology that Ebay uses so that you can make sure to get correct or valid information.

Note: That does NOT apply to ebay's suggestions when creating a listing!!!!!

Delete Lots Of Listings

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@d-k_treasures

What are you referring to specifically?

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Delete Lots Of Listings

@mam98031 wrote:

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@d-k_treasures

Whatever 'ebay uses' 'to make sure you get correct or valid info'. Such as ebay's "suggestions" when creating a listing.

Delete Lots Of Listings

@d-k_treasures

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@d-k_treasures

Whatever 'ebay uses' 'to make sure you get correct or valid info'. Such as ebay's "suggestions" when creating a listing.

I'm sorry, but I still don't follow.  I posted that for others do better understand what you might be describing, to use the words as Ebay defines them.  Ebay "suggestions" are just that, suggestions, nothing more.  What word or words on the listing form are you saying have a definition issue or problem or whatever you feel is off?

For example: A seller can NOT ever "delete" a listing of any kind.  But the seller can "close" them for whatever reason they may have.

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

Delete Lots Of Listings

Actually yes, you can delete a listing. After you end it... You have the option to relist it, sell similar or DELETE it.

And if you are using the correct E-bay terminology, you don't CLOSE a listing - you END a listing..

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Delete Lots Of Listings

@kachinadesigns

Actually yes, you can delete a listing. After you end it... You have the option to relist it, sell similar or DELETE it.

That is a new one on me.  Where do you see this option, in what screen?  I don't see it in the Seller Hub nor do I see it on the listing itself, so where do you see the option.

And if you are using the correct E-bay terminology, you don't CLOSE a listing - you END a listing..

While you are certainly correct about "end" a listing, Ebay also uses the word "close".  So there is no discrepency here, the meaning is the same, but thank you for adding that so there is no confusion for others.

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Delete Lots Of Listings

@best_collections wrote:

Does anyone knows what happens if we delete for example 100 listings, that they are over 60 days, in one day? Is this healthy for the account?

IMO yes, it IS healthy for an account to delete 100 items that have not sold. By doing that your sell-through rate will increase which in turn increases your chances of the remaining items to move up in the best search match. Actually Ebay has said if you do not do it, they will automatically do it for you after a certain amount of time.

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Delete Lots Of Listings

IMO yes, it IS healthy for an account to delete 100 items that have not sold. By doing that your sell-through rate will increase which in turn increases your chances of the remaining items to move up in the best search match.

Ending 100 listings does NOT increase your Sell Through Rate.  Your Sell Through Rate is per listing, NOT your overall account for the purposes of where your item lands in a search return.

Actually Ebay has said if you do not do it, they will automatically do it for you after a certain amount of time.

That "certain amount of time" is NOWHERE even close to 60 days.  It is after TWO YEARS and they are inconsistant about applying that right now.  They may get better at it in time.

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

Delete Lots Of Listings

Not exactly sure what you mean by "delete", if you mean end 100 listings and then delete them from the Unsold page, then I don't see that having any sort of negative impact.

If you are saying simply end 100 listings in a single day, I do that all the time when I have listings that don't match up with end times of other listings because I listed them in the middle of a "list period" (for me that's 30 days) so I end ALL of my listings and then relist them all at the same time, so they expire at the same time.

I've never encountered any issues with this and have never been issued any warnings, and I actually see my traffic stats bump every time I do this.

Though the part where you say "delete" confuses me so I'm not fully sure what you are asking.

Bigmotormania
Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Delete Lots Of Listings

@bigmotormania

FYI, it may not be in your best interest to "relist" all of them.  You may want to consider doing a "sell similar" on the ones that have had NO sales and do NOT have any watchers.  The "relist" function is great if you have watchers or if you have some sale history on the listing.  

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

Delete Lots Of Listings

@mam98031 wrote:

Ending 100 listings does NOT increase your Sell Through Rate.  Your Sell Through Rate is per listing, NOT your overall account for the purposes of where your item lands in a search return.

@mam98031

I respectfully disagree. If you have 1000 items and sell 50 compared to if you have 100 items and sell 50 your sell-through rate increases 10x thus your listings will be higher in best match.  It does not have to be the same item. Not going to argue but I have seen seller after seller who complains of no sales and when searching those people's listings they always have the lowest sell-through rate. My sell-through rate for the last years has averaged around 65% and most all my items are always in the top 10 of best match compared to others.

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Delete Lots Of Listings

Sell-thru in best match is based on MQ listing performance, not seller performance.

Although it should be factored in, ebay admitted it does not.

Delete Lots Of Listings

Link please showing sell-through has nothing to do with best match ?

Message 15 of 33
latest reply