cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New page layout is a slap in the face

This is pretty damned ridiculous.  I still do all my work on a computer.  I was checking out my listings and now notice that when you click on one of my items, right underneath the photo of my item are a bunch of links and photos to other people's items on eBay.  My 15% isn't good enough?  I finally get someone to click on my listing and you're showing them the listings of people who paid for Promoted listings before they even reach my description?  There were at least 7 similar items to mine, two were the exact same item and one was a little cheaper.  What hope do I have of selling this if the second someone clicks on it they get drawn away to another listing for a cheaper price?  What good is having 100% perfect everything if you're sabotaging my sales? Does anyone else care or am I just a grouchy old man overreacting that still remembers when companies you paid for a service actually tried to help you instead of sabotage you?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

The sponsored listings are not new, they've been there for awhile.

I've seen some listings that had 20 - 30 sponsored listings.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I took a look at one of my item up for sale....I counted 125 other sellers items...and you know what I did?...I lowered my item cheaper than everyone's else's. So now when I post an item I make sure my item is the  lowest than everyone's else's same item. And having 100 % feedback score vs. these sellers with less than 100% feedback score....It's usually those with promoted listings under my one listing. My buyer gets the best deal and eBay doesn't get the higher fee. It can add to "repeat buyers".

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Yes, they have been there for a few years. Just getting thicker these days.

At least you got a heads up that someone is under cutting your price. 

Addendum: I have seen my own promoted listings under my listing I was checking out.

Posting ID
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@lakefor94 wrote:

Yes, they have been there for a few years. Just getting thicker these days.

At least you got a heads up that someone is under cutting your price. 

Addendum: I have seen my own promoted listings under my listing I was checking out.

I have, too.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

This does not help sellers and it annoys buyers.  Its like when you walk into Macy's and they've put so much stuff in the aisle you can't get anywhere. 

But of course we have a choice: we can accept it or we can accept it. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Yes...it's frustrating. 

But the truth is, eBay doesn't give two shytes if you sell anything or not.

They only care about profit. 

And if they can divert your potential buyer to another seller with a higher PL rate, they'll do it.

eBay has been bleeding buyers for years, and have done little to remedy their rapidly declining market share.

And "auctioning"off their diminishing sales using Promoted Listings is a death spiral already in motion.

Many sellers see it.

Some don't. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I've never seen a death spiral - already in motion, or waiting to take off.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

When you look at all those items in your listing... 

I see a bunch of mine there too! And those are the ones eBay is charging me for!  

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@woodcliffonthehudson ,

Just make sure your item IS the lowest priced and you don’t have to worry about the other links for the same item. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@theteamsetguy wrote:

@woodcliffonthehudson ,

Just make sure your item IS the lowest priced and you don’t have to worry about the other links for the same item. 

In a perfect world...

I would like to have the highest priced item and ebay not to show people the lower priced items.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 11 of 11
latest reply