cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New item specifics will be required July 12

Just received this e-mail - New item specifics will be required July 12

what a joke! How many times do us sellers have to fix what eBay software programmers cannot fix while writing new software programs? I want a check in the mail for my labor since eBay does not wish to do any advertising. ha!

Shoppers know what they are looking for!

They can read the description in the body of the listing!

They can ask questions before bidding or buying!

Item specifics are so overlapped / duplicated! Ridiculous!

sorry for the rant!

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: New item specifics will be required July 12

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

Just received this e-mail - New item specifics will be required July 12

what a joke! How many times do us sellers have to fix what eBay software programmers cannot fix while writing new software programs? I want a check in the mail for my labor since eBay does not wish to do any advertising. ha!

Shoppers know what they are looking for!

They can read the description in the body of the listing!

They can ask questions before bidding or buying!

Item specifics are so overlapped / duplicated! Ridiculous!

sorry for the rant!

I stopped trying to fix my listings a couple of days ago. One of my required item specifics is: Species… for an action figure. 

Species. I kid you not. 

I figure I will wait and see if they fix the issues before trying again. 

CONSERVITVS  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member since: 1996

Message 2 of 41
latest reply

r8ylee
Thrill-Seeker

<sorry for the rant!>

@sextons-sweet-deals 

No apologies needed.   Not a rant.  Just common-sense observation.

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

You're preaching to the choir in this part of the world...

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

<One of my required item specifics is: Species… for an action figure

Species. I kid you not. >

@conservitvs 

brian@ebay 

tyler@ebay 

Please take note and assist. 

Message 5 of 41
latest reply

Sellers gotta do all the work. Doesn’t make sense if your selling your items why add more info to the stuff, make it so you can at least opt out!

Message 6 of 41
latest reply

Us as well.  I see frequently added book title is “It.”  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Message 7 of 41
latest reply

They can read the description before buying-yes, they could.  But they DO NOT.  they buy by picture and there own expectation of what they think the item will be.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 8 of 41
latest reply

It’s beyond frustrating. I am trying to update my action figures and cannot due to eBay leaving out options in new item specifics. They have an option for “grade” but offers no selection for “not graded” or “no”. It’s not allowing me to type in “not graded”.  If this is left blank my listing still states I need to fill this item specific out. This is maddening. Most sellers sell action figures that are not graded. 

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

<trying to update my action figures and cannot due to eBay leaving out options in new item specifics. They have an option for “grade” but offers no selection for “not graded” or “no”. It’s not allowing me to type in “not graded”.  If this is left blank my listing still states I need to fill this item specific out. This is maddening. Most sellers sell action figures that are not graded. > @thestoryboxstudiovintage 

brian@ebay 

tyler@ebay 

Please take note and assist. 

Thank you.

Message 10 of 41
latest reply

I just fixed everything but two items with bids.  Because, while they want these items specifics, and that's all I can access in that screen, I'm not allowed to change the shipping cost.

I give up

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 11 of 41
latest reply

lol...i came on just now to post a similar thread--glad you beat me to it. too bad they won't spend time fixing the real problems in the trading card category like the often abused return policy and refund policy. this item specific stuff is a mess now--but there is no action on the issues that affect sellers. with the prices are fluctuating in the trading card market, having a 30 day return period is ridiculous...buyers are buying early when prices are high, then returning with the 30 days after prices have dropped. a one size fits all return policy for the entire site doesn't make sense anymore.

Message 12 of 41
latest reply

@conservitvs 

Under species can't you have a custom addition like maybe eBay Management 🙂

Message 13 of 41
latest reply

Have not yet seen the email......was really glad they put our Seasonal listings back the way they were.  Gave up several days ago.  Noticed on new listings the past 2 days, there are fewer ways to add/be descriptive and yes, the "grade" shows up on every action figure (meaning professional grade) and same with signature, but no way to put in N/A or does not apply, etc.  The IS pulls the weirdest key words from your "title" and then refuses to accept that is not the answer.  Hoping that is a glitch and one they resolve soon.

This project will require lots and lots of chocolate!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 14 of 41
latest reply

Where are the ebay lovers on this one? Dont you want to tell us how this is good for us / ebay knows beter than us / shut up & do it or go elsewhere / we should get on bended knee & thank ebay for allowing us here / etc etc etc LMAO!

Not a peep?

Didnt ebay send you your brownie points for last week yet? Or do you have to wait longer for your brownie points as well to be deposited into your brownie points account under managed brownie payments! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Message 15 of 41
latest reply