cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New automatic offers

So they added the easier way to do automatic offers in the marketing tab under buyer groups.

I have moved over to this set up rules for all interested buyers.

I notice my send offer eligible list is building up and I keep checking to see if offers have gone out but I don't see any.

It did send offers when I first created the rule but it doesn't seem to be sending offers anymore.

Anyway, anyone know the frequency at which it sends out offers ?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

New automatic offers

Hmm... I'm going to try it and see what happens. It could be a time-saver.

However, I would like to know when the offer is made to the buyer. Is it during an item engagement? Or is it made after a buyer has come and gone?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

New automatic offers

I was hoping it would be a time saver.

All I see is my list eligible to send offer list getting larger.

I'm not seeing offers going out.

So it would be very nice for eBay to share when offers go out so I can see if this thing is even working.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

New automatic offers

@robbie31415 wrote:

So they added the easier way to do automatic offers in the marketing tab under buyer groups.

I have moved over to this set up rules for all interested buyers.

I notice my send offer eligible list is building up and I keep checking to see if offers have gone out but I don't see any.

It did send offers when I first created the rule but it doesn't seem to be sending offers anymore.

Anyway, anyone know the frequency at which it sends out offers ?

@robbie31415 @pls-consignments 

It may not seem like it but the automatic offers function is working as it was intended.

What is happening is that when a new prospective buyer comes along and saves one of your items to their watch list that you have previously sent out offers to, they will receive your previous offer via email shortly after saving that item. But those prospective buyers also remain eligible for any new or better offers that you may create in the future.

So basically what's happening is you are getting the opportunity to send 2 offers. I hope that that makes sense.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

New automatic offers

I'm not sure that's true.

Based on offer history no offers have been sent on some items that have this feature turned on.

Now if I cancel the auto offers rule in the buyer groups and create it again. I will see my send offers eligible decrease and it will show the offers specific message associated so I know which ones are coming from this feature.

It seems it does initially send offers during creation but stalls out, and I see no evidence of offers.

To test I used this buyer account and watched something on my seller account and no offer was given.

Now I suspect it may be functioning properly and it's on a time schedule that processes all avaliable eligible offers

Or the new feature is broken and not issuing offers appropriately.

I'm not sure which.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

New automatic offers

I would like to add that if you go to buyer groups and look at it, you will see a "total reach".

That number isn't increasing so I think that's even more evidence that the offers aren't being sent.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

New automatic offers

@robbie31415 

Did you by chance create another automated rule that might somehow be canceling or stopping the auto offers from being sent?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

New automatic offers

Nope. I have no automatic offers set on any individual listing.

It just seems stalled.

The first one I made seemed to stall too.

So I deleted it, and created a new one. When I created the new one it did send offers on initial creation, however seems to stall out.

I'm pretty sure if I delete this one and create a new one it will send offers, but that sort of defeats the purpose ?

Shouldn't this be automatic ?

I tried watching another listing today and still no offer sent to me.

It did increase my count of eligible to send offers. But did not send the offer automatically.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

New automatic offers

@robbie31415 

My guess is that this is an eBay glitch. 

This is not my main account. My main account has 10k plus listings. But with that account I still send offers manually. Selecting them in bulk or one at a time. I don't use the "automatically send new watchers the same offer. The old way. I have yet to try the newer rules based method. I have made this choice so that I keep myself in check and don't go crazy sending offers to new watchers as I often times will switch up my marketing strategies. 

With my buyer hat on I go around eBay saving competitors items to my watch list for the purposes of research and to have quick access to check all ended/sold items within my watch list. Because of that I get offers on approximately 6 to 7 out of every 10 saved items. My first impression is that it feels a little to much like I'm being chased by a used car salesperson when I receive a xx% off offer almost immediately (within an hour or two) of having added an item to my watch list. And for that reason as a seller I don't use the option of sending that offer to future potential buyers.

But that's just me, obviously your mileage may vary.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply