cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New USPS ground advantage shipping service

I’m creating a new listing and I see that eBay has recommended a new shipping service (USPS ground advantage). I looked it up and so if I’m understanding correctly it’s basically a less expensive version of priority mail but it takes longer to get to the buyer? Is that essentially the only difference between USPS ground advantage and priority mail? I assume that if I choose USPS ground advantage I can just print out the shipping label, stick it in my mailbox and not have to bring it to the post office right? 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

The biggest expense was the boxes

Have to say....most of our boxes are free.....from scrounging

Also, would guess at the %, but at least 25% of the time priority is cheaper than GA because of the discount and depending on where the buyer is, but using GA and then being able to upgrade to priority......and SAVE money is a plus for us.......

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote: ... would guess at the %, but at least 25% of the time priority is cheaper than GA because of the discount and depending on where the buyer is .....

This is especially true for lower weights and closer Zones. For instance, shipping 3 pounds to Zone 1 costs $7.17 via GA, and $7.00 for a Priority Mail label through eBay.  For 5 pounds to Zone 2, it's $7.64 for GA and $7.20 for Priority.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

thanks everyone for your help!

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

I bought an item an they shipped it USPS Ground Advantage they sent me no tracking number From TN. to AL.it has been over a week and it still is not here . I get things from CAL. faster then that

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

I’m a buyer on this one. Been waiting 10 days and no sign of package. It has been bouncing off walls in every post office in the County, it sucks.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

@artmogil-0 wrote:

I’m a buyer on this one. Been waiting 10 days and no sign of package. It has been bouncing off walls in every post office in the County, it sucks.

This is an old thread @artmogil-0 .  The first thing you should do is contact your seller and let them know you need some assistance in this matter.  Ask them to file for a Trace on the package, that often helps.

https://usps.my.site.com/emailus/s/

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply