cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New To ebay? - Why I use a NO RETURN POLICY

note: Why I have a no return policy:

There are pickers out there that buy here, then when received, the picker goes out to peddle the purchase. If they can not get their buyer to purchase the item, then of course they file a dispute and or want to return/refund. They lie about the description, condition, etc etc., a win win for buyers, plus they have 45 days and it doesn't matter what the return time is that the seller has.  Well, so now you know the whole story.

I'm really sick of this site's policies regarding sellers. Thank God I don't need ebay anymore, going on 20 years selling here, I think ebay should be paying me a pension.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@my-boss wrote:

note: Why I have a no return policy:

There are pickers out there that buy here, then when received, the picker goes out to peddle the purchase. If they can not get their buyer to purchase the item, then of course they file a dispute and or want to return/refund. They lie about the description, condition, etc etc., a win win for buyers, plus they have 45 days and it doesn't matter what the return time is that the seller has.  Well, so now you know the whole story.

I'm really sick of this site's policies regarding sellers. Thank God I don't need ebay anymore, going on 20 years selling here, I think ebay should be paying me a pension.

ahhhh a "no return" policy doesn't stop any of that.... it is just as easy to do with or without no returns because a SNAD cancels your return policy and goes by eBay's MBG.  Heck they don't even have to send back the same item and you will refund. No returns, in some cases and categories may produce MORE SNAD returns.... Which will now be used for search placement and visibility.

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

If you accept PayPal, you have a 180-day return policy. There's no such thing as "no returns" or "as is" on eBay with PayPal as the payment method, unless you close the linked bank account, stop using eBay & PayPal, and flee when a dispute arises.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

YOU KNOW YOU GOTTA WONDER WHY EBAY HOSTS THIS FORUM, ITS TO KEEP USERS COMPLAINING TO ONE ANOTHER AND NOT TO THEM PERSONALLY - ITS A DIVERSION TACTIC!!

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@whatmodernwas wrote:

If you accept PayPal, you have a 180-day return policy. There's no such thing as "no returns" or "as is" on eBay with PayPal as the payment method, unless you close the linked bank account, stop using eBay & PayPal, and flee when a dispute arises.

hehehehe.....

yeah, my advise to new users is sell at an outdoor ventue for 1/2 price and you'll make more money in the end

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@redroofsurplus wrote:

YOU KNOW YOU GOTTA WONDER WHY EBAY HOSTS THIS FORUM, ITS TO KEEP USERS COMPLAINING TO ONE ANOTHER AND NOT TO THEM PERSONALLY - ITS A DIVERSION TACTIC!!

Most of the time even when people complain to them it falls on deaf ears. Not to mention that there are a lot of people here who know more than the eBay CSRs. SMH. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

correct you are, but a no return on a listing will discourage a few of the nickel kicker scammers

but, yes, in the end the seller loses no matter what they have as a return policy
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

AMEN ! !!!~~
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@my-boss wrote:
correct you are, but a no return on a listing will discourage a few of the nickel kicker scammers

but, yes, in the end the seller loses no matter what they have as a return policy

Most buyers do not shop here just to return something.  It is a small number of buyers that misbehave.  But not all returns are because the buyer is misbehaving.  Sometimes there is a legit reason for the return whether the seller likes it or not.  Most transactions go off without a hitch.  If that were not true, there would not be many sellers on this site.

BTW, the MBG on Ebay is 30 days, not 45.  That changed a LONG time ago.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@my-boss wrote:

I think the way to avoid resellers and those "nickel kicker scammers" as you call them is to price your items at a fair price and not too low. Dealers don't want to try to flip an item if there is only $5 profit in it and they have to spend $40 to buy it in the first place. They will move on to sellers who are selling items very cheaply. Likewise for the nickel kickers, they avoid the higher priced sellers too. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I agree.

I've had a "no return" policy on my listings ever since I've been on ebay.   Of course, that doesn't mean I don't accept returns,  and it may have cost me some sales over the years.   But I have had very few returns so that makes any lost sales worth it in my book.  

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@kathieskorner wrote:

I agree.

I've had a "no return" policy on my listings ever since I've been on ebay.   Of course, that doesn't mean I don't accept returns,  and it may have cost me some sales over the years.   But I have had very few returns so that makes any lost sales worth it in my book.  

Unless you know how many returns you would have had otherwise, you can't really claim the few returns make up for lost sales. And seeing as you've had no returns since you've started on ebay, what are you comparing it to? 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply