cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Seller Account Funds on Hold

So, for the last 2 weeks i have called to have my funds released. I was even couraged to call that is until today. I was told with im assuming a straight face thta since i bought my own shipping lable rather than buy ebays overpriced shipping that i had to wait 24 hours to have my funds released. Bulls$&t!  There is not one reason buying my own USPS Postage with a tracking number that I upload to eBay is any different than buying eBay, USPS, postage and having the number automatically load to eBay not one. This is one way that eBay can force sellers to buy their shipping which is as I said, above bull.  They have no problem taking all their fees out of whatever balance you have but no 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: New Seller Account Funds on Hold

@new_haven_toys wrote:

Hey bluemoon, it is easier and less expensive using eBay to pay for and print your labels. You're paying more for shipping, than you have to, by doing what you're doing.

Most USPS services are the same price no matter where online you buy them BUT not all, eBay doesn't offer Cubic rates at all, they can be a big money saver if you need a service for  larger/heavier packages.

As far as "easier", not really, I never print labels via eBay but rather use other services that are a) more reliable, b) provide better reporting, c) offer more non USPS shipping options and d) consolidate shipping from multiple venues in one system.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

As usual, you were given inaccurate information by a csr scripted drone. Where you buy your label has nothing to do with your funds being held. Tho Im surprised at your Ebay 'overpriced shipping' remark,since sellers do receive a discount when printing their labels here. If you are a new/infrequent seller, your funds can be held up to thirty days. Ebay has a thirty day MBG, and prefers that any refunds come out of your pocket, not theirs.

p.s. Ebay does not 'force' their sellers to use the shipping services offered here, and the prices depend on that shipping service fees, not Ebay.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Hey bluemoon, it is easier and less expensive using eBay to pay for and print your labels. You're paying more for shipping, than you have to, by doing what you're doing.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

What is it you don't like about using ebay's shipping labels,

the convenience or the savings?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@new_haven_toys wrote:

Most USPS services are the same price no matter where online you buy them BUT not all, eBay doesn't offer Cubic rates at all, they can be a big money saver if you need a service for  larger/heavier packages.

As far as "easier", not really, I never print labels via eBay but rather use other services that are a) more reliable, b) provide better reporting, c) offer more non USPS shipping options and d) consolidate shipping from multiple venues in one system.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I would think that you're nearing a payout for the coin sold Dec. 4, but don't expect you'll see the others for awhile.  Hang in there.

Payments on hold | eBay

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Exactly the point I didn't make but assumed most peole knew.  In addition to the points you made

(unless I missed it) Ebay does not offer a poly bag option as well.  What is extortive about their policy is that if I buy Ebay's lable they will release my funds (if I call them) immediately.  For every sale back to December 4th, Ebay released my funds upon delievery (so much for giving the buyer ANY time to evaluate their purchase.  The reason the 3rd customer service agent gave me is that ONLY for Ebay, (the other two agents did not give any reason other than "there is a hold on your acount because you are a new seller" (duh) ignoring the fact that all my funds had been released immediately after delievery), none of the tracking numbers  are every duplicated where as every other tracking number not purchased through ebay are.  What is the MAJOR benfit of looking up a tracking number in perpituity (I can think of a couple of reasons) but for the majority of sellers, the benefit is NONE. Is this fact written anywhere?

There no difference other than  cost, of buying your lable through Ebay vs Pirateship in this particular case for USPS Priority mail.  Both give tracking numbers, both of are insured for $100, both have tracking numbers which come from the FEDERAL GOVERMENT, both will list the demensions, weight and address AND both services make a profit off of selling you shipping through their  platform (I assume).  It's just that Ebay's profit is much, much BIGGER. Take away, use our shipping service or we will hold your funds for WEEKS, new seller. Using poly box in a bag with pirateship  I upgraded my buyer to priority for not even $3.00 or 15.98 for Ebay's double that at ~ $30.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

"(unless I missed it) Ebay does not offer a poly bag option as well.  What is extortive about their policy is that if I buy Ebay's lable they will release my funds (if I call them) immediately"

That is absolutely not true. Where you buy your label has nothing to do with your funds being held. As a newbie seller, your funds can be held up to thirty days, as has been explained to you over and over.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 9 of 9
latest reply