cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Search Result Gallery Display WORTHELSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Normally I don't complain (too much) but this one just irks me.  The new search results display format is a Gallery format and I can not find where to change it so the default is the normal vertical listings.  Vertical lists are easier to view and scroll through. 

I have used the Tell us what you think link once already and will most likely do that over and over and over and over until someone at the Big House adds the feature to get rid of the Gallery display format.

I hope Buyers complain about this and advise eBay it is NOT "enhancing the buying expereince."

Screenshot (677).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: New Search Result Gallery Display WORTHELSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

@modernmacksmagic wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Normally I don't complain (too much) but this one just irks me.  The new search results display format is a Gallery format and I can not find where to change it so the default is the normal vertical listings.  Vertical lists are easier to view and scroll through. 

I have used the Tell us what you think link once already and will most likely do that over and over and over and over until someone at the Big House adds the feature to get rid of the Gallery display format.

I hope Buyers complain about this and advise eBay it is NOT "enhancing the buying expereince."

Screenshot (677).png

Be careful searching sex toys they show up all over your home page and even now the watched items are too , But I do think you can change from gallery to list view! Good luck all the best. 

There seems to be different formats in the one picture the other problem is the highest to lowest feature the good format has that option and next to it you can go between views (list or gallery) I hate not have the highest to lowest and the dollar amount (0- to - what ever) does'nt work !

Message 46 of 50
latest reply

Re: New Search Result Gallery Display WORTHELSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

How the hell do you even go about letting Ebay know there is a Problem.  I go to " My Ebay" and try to look for the items I always look at. I get Ebay's version of an abreviated list, and a note at the end that says  See complete listing.  I have to  scroll thru all kinds of **bleep** that I try to avoid on their list When I get to the end It says OoPs something went wrong   I can't even go to the list of parts i want to see. And the Contact option has disappeared. IF you don't ahve a topic for their own selcted pigeonhole category, You can't even contact Ebay. 

Message 47 of 50
latest reply

@modernmacksmagic  Ahhhh, not to be a dunce here but how do you get sex toys out of a train search?  Or was your reply a general one?

Regards,
Message 48 of 50
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@modernmacksmagic  Ahhhh, not to be a dunce here but how do you get sex toys out of a train search?  Or was your reply a general one?

Hah! Mr Linc- That poster has another thread in the buying forum about the sex toy search.

I think they made a connection to your post about new search display to the recent changes to the home page display.

They did a search for a toy and now their whole home page has recommended toys for them to look at. They were unpleasantly surprised when they logged in to eBay from work the next day. 

Message 49 of 50
latest reply

@copper.boom

@copper.boom wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Hah! Mr Linc- That poster has another thread in the buying forum about the sex toy search.

I think they made a connection to your post about new search display to the recent changes to the home page display.

They did a search for a toy and now their whole home page has recommended toys for them to look at. They were unpleasantly surprised when they logged in to eBay from work the next day. 

Thanks Boom!  That explains it since that reply sort of came out of left field and using like font size 45 makes it jump out ...

Regards,
Message 50 of 50
latest reply