cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Search Result Gallery Display WORTHELSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Normally I don't complain (too much) but this one just irks me.  The new search results display format is a Gallery format and I can not find where to change it so the default is the normal vertical listings.  Vertical lists are easier to view and scroll through. 

I have used the Tell us what you think link once already and will most likely do that over and over and over and over until someone at the Big House adds the feature to get rid of the Gallery display format.

I hope Buyers complain about this and advise eBay it is NOT "enhancing the buying expereince."

Screenshot (677).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

New Search Result Gallery Display WORTHELSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yes, but I'm not sure they liked the responses they did get lol

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 31 of 50
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

Were there not requests from ebay blues for sellers to "help them with their product pages" a while back?   

The product pages are different from these new search pages.

They should be fixing search functionality so that it shows you what you're actually looking for, not wasting time & money changing layouts.

Message 32 of 50
latest reply

@copper.boom wrote:

@ittybitnot wrote:

Were there not requests from ebay blues for sellers to "help them with their product pages" a while back?   

The product pages are different from these new search pages.

They should be fixing search functionality so that it shows you what you're actually looking for, not wasting time & money changing layouts.

I think you should buy copper and a boomerang. I know better. I'm programmed that way. RME

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 33 of 50
latest reply

"......

I have used the Tell us what you think link once already and will most likely do that over and over and over and over until someone at the Big House adds the feature to get rid of the Gallery display format.

I hope Buyers complain about this and advise eBay it is NOT "enhancing the buying expereince." ........"

Ah, Mr Lincoln, just think about how many times that screen - 'Tell us what you think' - comes up.  Even if they had bots keeping tally of the number of times it was used, and the number of different responses received, I wonder just how many decades might be needed just to read all of the 'suggestions'?  I wonder if the bots are more fluent in English than the CS?  I wonder which is assigned tyo tabulating the responses?

Somehow, I figure that screen for 'Tell us what you think' is merely there to appease the huddled, unwashed masses - and to create another database of opinions of the selling population for later disposal (opinions or sellers? yes)

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 34 of 50
latest reply

Tell Devin what you think about him in the 'tell us what you think links' !!!!

Message 35 of 50
latest reply

@liq1000 wrote:

Tell Devin what you think about him in the 'tell us what you think links' !!!!

I'm getting too old to waste my breath of useless projects, especially when they involve people who have no interest- what-so-ever - in what I might possibly think, thank you.  'Sides, he has the bots to answer all - and, why would he bother to want to know what any of us think?  He already makes how much a year?

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 36 of 50
latest reply

Are you trying to say Devin is detached from the sellers and what they think of eBay ?

He is going to headline the show in Las Vegas right ???

Message 37 of 50
latest reply

@liq1000 wrote:

Are you trying to say Devin is detached from the sellers and what they think of eBay ?

He is going to headline the show in Las Vegas right ???

Say!  Wasn't he the guy at the last ebay open who kicked things off?  Wasn't there something about some sort of disconnect or early exit from the building or something?

Although, Vegas isn't too bad - lived there for a while in the 60s.  Interesting place and people!

Oh my.  Me and my (lack of) memory.  If it wasn't 5 minutes ago or less, it is ancient history.

Message 38 of 50
latest reply

As stated before, your search results turned up 0 therefore you don't get a list/gallery choice because there is nothing to display in either format.

If there were search results, the list/gallery opotion will be there.

I find that certain categories do default to the gallery view even though I customized it for list view.  

Message 39 of 50
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Normally I don't complain (too much) but this one just irks me.  The new search results display format is a Gallery format and I can not find where to change it so the default is the normal vertical listings.  Vertical lists are easier to view and scroll through. 

I hope Buyers complain about this and advise eBay it is NOT "enhancing the buying expereince."

Screenshot (677).png

Be careful searching sex toys they show up all over your home page and even now the watched items are too , But I do think you can change from gallery to list view! Good luck all the best. 

Message 40 of 50
latest reply

What it tells you is the fact that eBay search engine is screwed up big time, when the items are no doubt listed on eBay it should NEVER SHOW ZERO RESULTS AND THAT PRODUCT PAGE........

eBay the company is misguided, if the eBay home page looked like the Google home page they would do a much better business here.

Message 41 of 50
latest reply

@lintbrush*

@lintbrush* wrote:

As stated before, your search results turned up 0 therefore you don't get a list/gallery choice because there is nothing to display in either format.

If there were search results, the list/gallery opotion will be there.

I find that certain categories do default to the gallery view even though I customized it for list view.  

The pic in the original post was from a returned search for trains ... gallery display format came up as a result of search.   Per another reply, there is a See all choice down below the gallery section ... but it means a scroll and then another click ... wonder if they'll cover costs for Carpel tunnel syndrome due to all the extra steps we have to take ...

Regards,
Message 42 of 50
latest reply

But it was still a 0 results for your search parameters in Solds which explains why the view style option isn't there regardless. 

Message 43 of 50
latest reply

@lintbrush*

@lintbrush* wrote:

But it was still a 0 results for your search parameters in Solds which explains why the view style option isn't there regardless. 

Okay, I'll try that again ... I guess I am a little confused since the search returned the trains which is what I searched for ... I'll pay attention to the "X" Results for another search.  Thanks for pointing that out!

Regards,
Message 44 of 50
latest reply

@liq1000

@liq1000 wrote:

What it tells you is the fact that eBay search engine is screwed up big time, when the items are no doubt listed on eBay it should NEVER SHOW ZERO RESULTS AND THAT PRODUCT PAGE........

eBay the company is misguided, if the eBay home page looked like the Google home page they would do a much better business here.

I am going to do some other searches tomorrow and pay attention to the search results number ... it may not have returned exactly what I searched for but it did return some similar trains ... I think maybe that's the reason for the "0" results, NOT an exact match for what I typed in for search.

Regards,
Message 45 of 50
latest reply