cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Payment Notices

Can we please go back to the emailed payment template we used to have, in which we can print the one page with all the information on it?  This morning the new format is not feasible as we have to print two pages to get the address and then the eBay information on a different page.  This is costly when you have a lot of orders.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: New Payment Notices

You can do that from your Seller Hub too.  In the Orders box.  Available to ship items.  Click on the Order Number and print it.  All your information will be there.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

"Can we please go back to the emailed payment template we used to have, in which we can print the one page with all the information on it?  This morning the new format is not feasible as we have to print two pages to get the address and then the eBay information on a different page.  This is costly when you have a lot of orders."

EBay classically moves forward without input from sellers.  Change defines what life is.  Maybe it was more costly for eBay to email in the old manner?  EBay is a business.  Bottom line counts for everything in any multimillion dollar enterprise.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

It also dropped variations off of the email notifications - I used to be able to see what size they bought on the email and it was very useful.  Now I have to go into the actual orders to see, which is frustrating. 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I'm not sure why Ebay changed the emails, but it may have been an effort to get more sellers to use the Seller Hub and to help better protect sellers.

What I mean by that is emails can be fraudulent.  There is a risk of getting an email telling you that you sold something and it has been paid for when in fact it has not.  To my knowledge none of these email that I've seen reported here appear similar to the Ebay emails but that isn't saying that at some point they couldn't.

It is safer for a seller to use the Seller Hub to see what items sold in the Orders box and which of them has been paid and ready for shipment.

Just a thought.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

It sucks.  Plus they changed leaving feedback for buyers.   You can't anymore.  You have to go around the barn door to do it.  I wish they would stop changing things for the sake of change.  NOTHING they do HELPS us!!!!

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@sly203 wrote:

It sucks.  Plus they changed leaving feedback for buyers.   You can't anymore.  You have to go around the barn door to do it.  I wish they would stop changing things for the sake of change.  NOTHING they do HELPS us!!!!

@sly203 

I know it can take a little getting use to using the Seller Hub.  But it is extremely easy to ship directly from there.  It may even be easier than from an email.

As to leaving FB for buyers.  Only in my dreams has Ebay taken that option away.  I've said for years that they should just stop buyer FB as it doesn't mean anything to anyone but the buyer.  But the fact is we can still leave FB for buyers.

Yes the form changed and it is a bit confusing in the way they did it.  They certainly could have done better.  In the box where you leave your comment, once you start typing in that box, the pre-designed message disappears.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I can appreciate that.  I just wish if that is the case, we could get a default button, so I don't have to change the option from packing slip to invoice every time.  It seems to lose the settings a lot. 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I keep my e-mails along with the receipt when I ship my items.  I sell a lot and I need the other payment e-mail not the crap they are using now.  They are all nuts!  Just leave stuff alone.  We do NOT need your help.  Again, changing things for the sake of change - sucks!

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@crowescustomcycles wrote:

I can appreciate that.  I just wish if that is the case, we could get a default button, so I don't have to change the option from packing slip to invoice every time.  It seems to lose the settings a lot. 

What exactly are you referring to?

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@sly203 wrote:

I keep my e-mails along with the receipt when I ship my items.  I sell a lot and I need the other payment e-mail not the crap they are using now.  They are all nuts!  Just leave stuff alone.  We do NOT need your help.  Again, changing things for the sake of change - sucks!

AS I explained, I don't think this was a change, just for the sake of making a change.  

May I ask, you keep the emails as a receipt for what exactly?  Ebay has detailed reports for sales you can download.

What exactly from the old email is causing you harm because you no longer get it?

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Every single change ebay has made in the last 7+ years has made things WORSE for sellers and uselessly complicated the Sellers' dashboards! More of the idiotic "change for change's sake" done to justify "progress" inside the company and placate incompetent executives with nothing better to do. They NEVER actually listen and care about what Sellers have to say.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Blanket statements are rarely correct and this one is no different.  

The Seller Dashboard looks the same as it has for many years.  I think you may be referring to the Seller Hub.  Or the old functions of My Ebay.

I LOVE the change to allow us to cancel a transaction for non payment rather than having to wait a week to get this process completed.  We now can get it handled in just over 96 hours.

Now when we issue partial refunds, we get partial refunds of our FVFs.  That was a long time in coming.

And I'm confident there are other more recent changes that help many sellers.  Maybe not you, but others.  Changes are rarely going to be 100% positive for all 19 million active sellers on Ebay.

Now certainly I agree that some changes seem to be simply for the sake of making a change.  I've said that myself a few times and I agree with you on this.  Other changes make absolutely no sense to me at all.  But I also know there have been changes I like.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I have to have the payment to get the product picked.  If the email won't work because I don't want to print two pages instead of one, I go to the awaiting shipping page.  Next to the "purchase shipping label," I click the drop-down arrow to click the print packing slip and more option.   I need the order receipt instead of the packing slip because those have the Erlanger addresses, so then I click that and hit print and wait for the next box to come up and hit print again.  That is a lot to do for each order.  I can do it, it is just time-consuming. 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@crowescustomcycles wrote:

I have to have the payment to get the product picked.  If the email won't work because I don't want to print two pages instead of one, I go to the awaiting shipping page.  Next to the "purchase shipping label," I click the drop-down arrow to click the print packing slip and more option.   I need the order receipt instead of the packing slip because those have the Erlanger addresses, so then I click that and hit print and wait for the next box to come up and hit print again.  That is a lot to do for each order.  I can do it, it is just time-consuming. 

@crowescustomcycles 

Seems like you are trying to do it the hard way really.  You can print one page.  There is no need for multiple pages or a great deal of effort.

Go to your Seller Hub.

In your Order's box click on Orders Awaiting Shipping.

Then click on the Order Number for each sale and print the order out.  It is a one page report.

Anytime anyone thrusts a change on us especially with no explanation, it is frustrating.  IDK why Ebay does this, but it is something they have continued to do for years.

You can also rearrange your Seller Hub to have the boxes in the order you want to see them.  In my top row I have Listings, Orders and Seller Level as they are the boxes I use the most.  For others it may be something else.  But customizing the SH is pretty easy.  Just click on the Custom button and drag your boxes where you want them to appear.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply