cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Listing Fomat Now Includes Video HOW ABOUT MORE PHOTOS!

If you have yet to use the (eventual) new listing format it now enables (short) video. Nice feature. Not sure about length & even when your sale goes live you won't see your video until it's approved. I think it's 10 cents more.

While we here pretend there are no other selling platforms I do belong to several FB groups. You're allowed up to 48 photos. YES FORTY EIGHT! This is not provided in your local marketplace but in private groups.

It's now what? 30 years since ebay debuted & they can't provide you with the option even a paid option of more than 12 images?

Some of you, possibly many of you are selling product that you can list with just a couple of images or less than 12 but when you're selling an item or a "lot," 12 is far from enough.

While ebay may not want to enable two dozen an extra three would be nice or just like you PAY for premium upgrades make it an upgrade for additional photos.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: New Listing Fomat Now Includes Video HOW ABOUT MORE PHOTOS!

One quick update. I uploaded a 9 sec video for one of my sales today using the new format

That was around 6am or earlier

Thirteen hours later the video has yet to be approved and the sale is no where to be found

I saw the sale upload than it disappeared which means it is in being held until the the video of a turntable motor spinning is accepted

My advice DO NOT UPLOAD VIDEO until your sale is uploaded as it should be

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Such a seller advantage and great idea at first glance, but jeez the cost to approve each video...gosh we always get in our own way.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@buytodayshipnextday 

Where are you seeing ten cents more to upload the video?  As far as I know, it is free.

Time for approval: ebay says up to 48 hours normally, but up to seven days if they are very busy. Not sure why your listing is not up. The listing should go live regardless of the video. If the video is approved, it will be added in (to the second slot in the Gallery). I don't know what happens if it is not approved. As I have said elsewhere, the approval process makes it a risky thing to use if you are using auction format.

I posted a listing this past Friday night. The listing is live, but the video is STILL in approval limbo. I hope this is just the result of being an early adopter, and that they'll speed things up soon. 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

yes they said i could see the sale & i did than WHOOSH. has to be a glitch & they will have to get this down. no one's waiting 48hrs or a week for their video to upload. i was charged a dime of course i cannot SEE why since the sale's invisible.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

If you were charged a dime, the reason should be in your Seller Hub>Payments>All Transactions section. 

I wasn't charged when I did mine. Either a glitch or another reason for the charge----that's my guess, anyway.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

You want 48 photo's ?

Buyers hardly pay attention to the 12 we have now and even less attention to our descriptions LOL.

I can't imagine selling anything that would require 48 different angles/images, and as a buyer it would really put me off having to look at all of them - so of course I wouldn't bother.

JMHO

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

If one really did need that many images, merging two pics into one image would give you 23, 4 pics in each image slot would give you 47 (1 reserved for a single Gallery image).

Given that eBay allows image files up to 7MB, resolution is not an issue and after eBay processing using the zoom function gives you usable quality even at 1/4 size.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

We have uploaded a couple videos to already existing listings and it took around 30+ hours.

Our items did not disappear in the process so I can not comment on that.

We also have not been charged any additional fees for the upgrades.

The videos do seem to be lower quality than originally uploaded though.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@acrystalshop  30 hours isn't bad compared to my still under review video....about 5 1/2 days and waiting...

Could you provide links to your video listings? I'd like to see what they look like....

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Wow yeah thats quite a long time.

I remember seeing someone comment on another thread that it could take up to 7 days in peak times 😵

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165180514982

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Thanks....video quality looks pretty good to me....

Glad this is working for you!  I hope they can speed up the review process....

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Yeah, I can also understand why they would not want 4k or large file videos on every listing. Hopefully it’s a computer algorithm and not just some poor soul sitting at a desk watching everyone’s video clips clicking verified 😵💫

Maybe once it’s fully released the process will be sped up

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

i don't WANT 48 photos you did not read the post correctly. i said in private facebook groups you can upload up to 48 & it's FREE.

That's huge when selling photo albums, film, If you were selling a home don't you need more than 12? What about a car? There are products that NEED more than 12 & in the private FB groups the ability to showcase dozens of images works.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Now, just stop and think for a moment.  IF ebay offered more photos, where would they put them?  It would mean taking some of their ads off!  Or, would it mean adding another page? I doubt that the added page would have the ads, so that means the photos would be even further obscured by ads, promos and great deals.  Of course, there is always condensing the original listing even more, with little tabs to click on for what little information can be put there now.

One should always be careful for what one wishes.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 15 of 16
latest reply