cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Layout for Seller Hub - Is There Any Way to Go Back to Classic?

New layout for seller area looks like something for a pre-schooler.

Giant frames requiring excessive page scrolling, "suggestions" telling me what I should do with my ads, ridiculously simplistic look that takes up too much space while providing too little useful info....

Why do all the tech companies have to do this? It's like they love to ruin a good thing. Given enough time, they always do it.

I use a computer, not a phone.  I want things to look compact with high functionality, professional looking, and loaded with useful stats and buttons, like how eBay used to.

I don't want my eBay looking like friggin' Tinder.

How do I go back to the classic layout?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: New Layout for Seller Hub - Is There Any Way to Go Back to Classic?

I don't think you can or at least have it stick.  But, you CAN customize the screen.  I feel you, I'm on a PC, as are the majority of my buyers & their screens are ridiculous.  

Have you ended items in the last 2 days?  They changed the screen from a 1 click to end them all (I frequently end many, many at once, even over a hundred at times), to now I have to SCROLL through every single item with a GIANT photo, simply to end it.   So a simple 1-click screen that worked fine is now ludicrous & complex, while adding no additional functionality!   It just makes a common thing MUCH more difficult for no reason.  Also, no idea why every thing has to be GIANT, like a kindergartner did it.  

FWIW, I was in most of my adult life.  SH has so much wrong with it, that is user-design 101, that it's scary. 

Oh yeah & the add/edit note screen has been screwed up from about a month ago.  The cursor is no longer in the upper left, like it should be.   You have to click 3x to get the cursor where it's s'posed to be (which is where it always was before they messed with it).  I've let them know 3x & it's still screwed up a month later.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I feel your pain  Its more work than its worth...   I have made multiple book mark menu tabs    for the SOLD, LISTED, UNSOLD, CREATE to make getting around quicker for my sanity.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Can you explain what you mean by customizing the screens?

I haven't ended anything in the last 2 days, but I think I understand what you mean.

The only thing I like about the new layout is the transaction summary shows the exact percentages and eliminating Paypal fee is nice I guess?? 

I'm not exactly a turbo seller so I haven't seen all the effects, just the goofy screen layout which I think is pretty bad.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@element2631 wrote:

Can you explain what you mean by customizing the screens?

Top right corner of SH, there's a clickable CUSTOMIZE, you can go in there & choose what you want to see & what layout you want to see it in.  You can't do everything, but you have some options.

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@element2631 

>How do I go back to the classic layout?

Perhaps this will help,

https://www.ebay.com/mys/overview

Links for the various selling pages are under "Selling" on the LH side of the page.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I agree.

When I switched over, I couldn't believe the amount of switching and scrolling it required. And I could never customize the number of items I had per page, despite calls to CS. I had to scroll among 12 pages to see my listings.

And yes, what was the deal with all the open space and the huge buttons?

And the suggestions drove me crazy, too. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@dugoldstuff wrote:

And yes, what was the deal with all the open space and the huge buttons?

We had occasional problems like that at our place involving newbie programmers using the huge office desk monitors. They'd get into a mindset that all users had the same big screens, and would be coding forms that required horizontal scrolling to read on smaller monitors. I'm not sure what's more annoying in a user interface than horizontal scrolling, because it requires more than the usual hand/eye/mouse coordination to find the horizontal slide bar at the bottom, drag it over (or use Right/Left Arrow keys), then go back to whatever you were doing before that moment.

(Another sign of newbie programming is what we used to call "flashturbation" on web pages, needless animation or gee-whiz coding, such as the vertical bar graphs whose elements climb upward instead of simply painting there like the other elements of the screen.)

Extending a form downward offscreen is nowhere near as annoying as extending it sideways, so when I saw the Seller Hub laid out offscreen to the right, I had a brief but painful face-plant "Oh, no..." moment. I now have a few bookmark buttons in the banner line of my Chrome browser to jump to my necessary screens, and I never need to visit the main Seller Hub page at all.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Yup -  that is why when I got to a screen like ACTIVE , SOLD, UNSOLD  I bookmarked them to my web browser tool bar..   Faster than going into the hub and scrolling endlessly wasting my time getting carpel tunnel.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Funny guy ..    Sucks having to negotiate the time consuming Seller Hub .. Morons at the helm ! Managed Payments a cluster as well .. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply