cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neg. Feedback left - they won't answer my emails and lied in their negative feedback comment

This item was a golf shaft. They left me a negative feedback. Their feedback seems wrong for several reasons:

- They lied in the comment (I, PERSONALLY, didn't cut the shaft down - I got the shaft as it was and listed it).

- I clearly stated in the listing that the item had part of its tip lost when it was removed from previous golf club head.

- They never contacted me stating they weren't happy with their purchase - this is the saddest part as I would have gladly given them a full refund. 

- They will not respond to the email I sent them - NOTHING. I can't rectify this situation with them as they just won't answer the last message I sent them. 

I asked eBay if they would remove the negative rep as it is clearly a lie that they stated in the comment. 

This is so frustrating on so many levels. 

I am sure I will get some comments from here from some people that say "too bad", "your fault" and all that, but this is just frustrating. 

This is the item:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/144106324989

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Neg. Feedback left - they won't answer my emails and lied in their negative feedback comment

Right. I clearly stated that installed in a driver head, the length would be about 45" long. that is clear. Moreover, if this buyer was to buy this shaft new, it would have been probably about $99 (not including shipping). Apparently they thought they are going to get a massive discount on an item they want and it's going to be brand new in condition?? 

Message 16 of 40
latest reply

Re: Neg. Feedback left - they won't answer my emails and lied in their negative feedback comment

@saintpaulgolf 

Okay.  I'm out. 

You posted as though you wanted assistance.  You want someone to "agree" with you, you want to argue about it and I am guessing this is why your Buyer will not work with you.

You will need to wear the neg proudly.  My guess is that you earned it.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 17 of 40
latest reply

@saintpaulgolf wrote:

Apparently they thought they are going to get a massive discount on an item they want and it's going to be brand new in condition?? 

I did not interpret their feedback that way at all.

I read it as saying that if the top of the shaft had also been cut down, you should have mentioned it.

Their feedback also suggest that with the butt end also cut down, this would change the overall characteristics of the shaft.

@saintpaulgolf wrote:
My reputation after 20 years here should speak to my truthfulness

I don't disagree. But your 20 years here also does not preclude you from making a mistake once in a while.

@saintpaulgolf wrote:
This person has 100 feedback, I have 1268

"My number is bigger than his" really has no relevance to the quality of one specific listing.

Message 18 of 40
latest reply

Realistically, you only have three real options: 1. hassle the buyer and make things worse, possibly running afoul of eBay standards.  2. block the buyer from future contact 3. get back to selling something.

A CS told me quite forcefully some years ago that eBay would always let buyer feedback stand as long as they paid for the item. In the intervening years they may have softened on that in several ways, but I'm not sure.

I

Message 19 of 40
latest reply

If the tip has been altered, it can affect swing, depending on what the Buyer's preference is for a stiff or soft tip.   Buyer potentially has a valid issue.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 20 of 40
latest reply

@saintpaulgolf wrote:

I can't remember exactly what I said to them, but I didn't curse them out. Basically I asked them  WHY???? - why didn't they contact me at all? I know that's not what you think I should have said as you articulated but. eBay doesn't really even let me reach out to them - I went to the auction page and couldn't even send them a reply - I kind of had to do a work-around and send them a message not based on the item. 

I lose more hope in humanity every day. 

2 points - first, if you approached them only to find out why they left a neg without contacting you and NOT because there was a problem with the shaft, then it is understandable why they aren't responding.  You are only concerned with yourself, not the buyer's problem with an issue that you only vaguely described in the listing.

Second, if you found it so hard to find a way to contact the buyer, have you considered that the buyer may also not have found a way to communicate with you?  eBay makes some things hard to find for infrequent users.

In my opinion, it is far too late to salvage anything from this transaction because you cannot take back your previous contacts.  Your buyer likely sees your concern is only with your own reputation, not any kind of customer service.

Message 21 of 40
latest reply

I actually never stated anything about the butt end. The buyer claims the butt end was cut (I wasn't aware that it was at all - I DID INSTALL IT IN A CLUBHEAD and noted that the total length of the shaft was about 45" installed), if it was I wish they would have contacted me and simply stated that they were completely unhappy about it and I would have gladly fully refunded their money. 

Oh well I can see now some of the responses here are getting nasty ("I deserve it" and the like) so I'm out. 

eBay loses more and more integrity with me every day. 

Message 22 of 40
latest reply

If they do not answer and you cannot then get them to revise the feedback with sending them a request for feedback revision. I would just reply under their feedback something factual like “accurate description,  buyer did not read specifics, offered refund”. Then move along to your next successful sale.

Message 23 of 40
latest reply

Wait until the dust has settled, and then if you could resolve the issue with the buyer, they might agree to revise the neg.

If the buyer is unresponsive, then there isn't much you can do if ebay won't remove the neg.

Message 24 of 40
latest reply

I had the same thing happen to my store. Turns out (after looking the buyer up) the buyer has 39 bad reviews on his personal business on Google.  Now, I have to look at this undeserved bad feedback for a entire year. Sigh.  The feedback system is flawed. I am sorry this happened to you, and I know how you feel. It's very frustrating!!

Message 25 of 40
latest reply

I actually never stated anything about the butt end.

Exactly. That was one of the buyer's complaints.

I wasn't aware that it was at all

That is why I suggested that even a 20 year seller can slip up occasionally.

I DID INSTALL IT IN A CLUBHEAD and noted that the total length of the shaft was about 45" installed

No one is disputing that. But at the same time, that does not address the buyer's complaint that the butt end cut was not disclosed or that is changes the shaft's characteristics.

if it was I wish they would have contacted me and simply stated that they were completely unhappy about it and I would have gladly fully refunded their money

No one is disputing that. They are only disputing your contention that this somehow makes the feedback "wrong" or removable.

Message 26 of 40
latest reply

@saintpaulgolf wrote:

Apparently they thought they are going to get a massive discount on an item they want and it's going to be brand new in condition?? 

That's not entirely out of the question, it's not that insane, many buyers (myself included) have found really good deals, to include brand new condition items for anywhere from 10% to 90% off retail price... Granted 90% is unusual and rare but it does happen, many buyers spend considerable time seeking out these deals so it shouldn't be that big of a surprise that some have that expectation.

That being said at least you keep the money, buyer wasn't terribly happy they apparently got what they paid for but rather than returning it the buyer decided to man up, keep the item and simply leave you with a parting shot.

It does sting a bit and I don't particularly care for negative feedback as a seller but from a buyer's perspective it makes them whole again without going through a refund process.

So last but not least, the feedback...

Here is what I found out, negative feedback is an opportunity to turn a bad situation into a good one!

So the best "reply" I have found to negative feedback goes something like this:

"I am so sorry, I am the owner and I was not aware of these issues creating a problem. First I want to thank you for your business and tell you I don't want to see you leave like this. Personally I would love to be given the chance to make this right, should you ever read this please contact me right away so we can work on a mutually acceptable solution, thank you again for patronizing our store." 

Well, at least that's how I have learned to do things.

Getting hostile with the buyers has never solved many problems for me.

Message 27 of 40
latest reply

Some things are asking for a neg when you sell em....

You sold one of them and got a neg> move on......

Message 28 of 40
latest reply

OP's title states this is a "flex" shaft, which it would not be if the "tip" is missing and if OP plays golf or rehabs clubs, OP clearly "knows" this.

Further, this was sold on 7/18.   Neg is recent.  My "guess" is that the Buyer figured it out once the shaft was installed in the driver head of his choice and went to use the club.  If you're wanting a "flex" and it is "stiff", the swing would be very different.  Buyer cannot likely return the item and the OP knows this as the shaft is now on the Buyer's club.

OP just wanted his FB removed - could have easily refunded this Buyer by now.  Was never interested in making the customer happy.  

Last comment - if this was in a used driver, you would "sell" it as a "used" driver - the driver was damaged, likely cracked at the head - that was why it was sold as a "pull" and the buyer is unhappy.  

Posting ID Only.......
Message 29 of 40
latest reply

@*madison wrote:

Wait until the dust has settled, and then if you could resolve the issue with the buyer, they might agree to revise the neg.

If the buyer is unresponsive, then there isn't much you can do if ebay won't remove the neg.

The seller needs for the dust to settle to reevaluate the fact that they are not as lily white as they believe  in this situation,  are able to reread the posts, and accept the fact that saying may, or might instead of is, was can lead to a...........  well....................... less than + buyer experience.

Sellers are the experts on what they sell. Seller's need to be responsible. It is not as some sellers put in the listing...............    it is the buyer's responsibility to determine..................

This sort of mirrors on the sellers that for whatever reason can not understand how they can get a return on an item listed as......   for parts, or not working..............  when they put is their listing .....   untested.....  powers on, but beyond that, but don't know if it works..... it might work just fine, but is being sold "as is" ............

Message 30 of 40
latest reply