cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neg. Feedback left - they won't answer my emails and lied in their negative feedback comment

This item was a golf shaft. They left me a negative feedback. Their feedback seems wrong for several reasons:

- They lied in the comment (I, PERSONALLY, didn't cut the shaft down - I got the shaft as it was and listed it).

- I clearly stated in the listing that the item had part of its tip lost when it was removed from previous golf club head.

- They never contacted me stating they weren't happy with their purchase - this is the saddest part as I would have gladly given them a full refund. 

- They will not respond to the email I sent them - NOTHING. I can't rectify this situation with them as they just won't answer the last message I sent them. 

I asked eBay if they would remove the negative rep as it is clearly a lie that they stated in the comment. 

This is so frustrating on so many levels. 

I am sure I will get some comments from here from some people that say "too bad", "your fault" and all that, but this is just frustrating. 

This is the item:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/144106324989

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Neg. Feedback left - they won't answer my emails and lied in their negative feedback comment

I guess my question is: shouldn't eBay remove the negative feedback? If for no other reasons: 

- they made a false claim (isn't it completely unethical to let people lie about sellers)? 
- the buyer made ZERO effort to work it out with me. I would still gladly refund the buyer but they won't answer. 

Message 2 of 40
latest reply

Based on the FB, they seem to think both ends of the club shaft were altered?

Fully understand that "you" did not alter the shaft, but it appears that someone did when fitting the original club.

Really sorry about your Buyer.  FWIW, the FB comment left by the Buyer would not change or impact me buying from you.  However, I don't think I would have responded to the FB with the comment that you left.  

Was the shaft indeed altered at both ends as he alleges or was it just the one end/tip?  Unfortunately, your description uses the word "may" vs being more definitive, etc.  (not being critical, just looking at it how e-bay might see it);

What type of communication have you sent to the Buyer - an email saying "I am so very sorry you are disappointed in this transaction, let me send you a label so you can ship it right back to me".....or an email telling the Buyer he is wrong?  (just asking)

If your 100% FB is really important to you, you might call your buyer (but if you do, you need to be calling to apologize and offer to send him a label or make an adjustment, etc - not ask about FB) and work to rectify why your Buyer is unhappy.  

Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 40
latest reply

Feedback is very seldom removed. It only gets removed for foul language, threatening remarks etc. You can google the 'reasons for ebay feedback removal' and see the actual written policy.

Also, it never gets removed once you commented on it. 

Message 4 of 40
latest reply

Just write an honest reply along the lines of accurately described,  would have taken a return.

Not too many people pay attention to a few negative feedbacks.       I am not sure that they pay attention to a lot of negative feedback. There is a fabric seller,  who has a 99% feedback,  who has been kicked off of Amazon,   and still gets sales here.

Message 5 of 40
latest reply

This is going to be hard to hear.  The answer is "no, eBay should not remove the feedback".

You noted that part of the tip was removed but half the time people don't read the description, they buy based on the picture.  Technically, he didn't lie.  Part of the tip was removed.  Had he read the description, he may have known this before he purchased it.  Feedback left by buyers is based on how they feel about the transaction, not based on how you feel about it.

I'm with you 100%.  It can be frustrating to receive negative feedback when you think you've done everything right and then the buyer won't even respond.  You're going to have these things happen from time to time, just do your best.

Message 6 of 40
latest reply

They lied in the comment (I, PERSONALLY, didn't cut the shaft down - I got the shaft as it was and listed it)

You are splitting hairs. The shaft had been cut, and your listing does not appear to mention it. If you are trying to hang your hat on who used the saw on it, you are missing the big picture.

This does not make their feedback "wrong".

They never contacted me stating they weren't happy with their purchase - this is the saddest part as I would have gladly given them a full refund. 

Buyers are not required to contact sellers before leaving feedback, nor are they required to pursue a refund.

I clearly stated in the listing that the item had part of its tip lost when it was removed from previous golf club head.

You did not "clearly state" this - your listings only says it "may" have happened. So IMHO if you knew that it had actually happened, your listing would seem to be skirting the truth by raising a question rather than stating a fact.

They will not respond to the email I sent them - NOTHING. I can't rectify this situation with them as they just won't answer the last message I sent them. 

Buyers are not required to engage with sellers about feedback, and sellers are not "entitled" to a chance to rectify the situation.

I asked eBay if they would remove the negative rep as it is clearly a lie that they stated in the comment. 

The feedback was not "clearly a lie". But it sounds like the listing may have been trying to "finesse" the lost tip as a possibility rather than a fact.

Message 7 of 40
latest reply

@saintpaulgolf wrote:

I guess my question is: shouldn't eBay remove the negative feedback? If for no other reasons: 

- they made a false claim (isn't it completely unethical to let people lie about sellers)? 
- the buyer made ZERO effort to work it out with me. I would still gladly refund the buyer but they won't answer. 

If you read eBay's feedback policy, neither of those points are grounds for removing feedback.

And again, your claims of a "lie" in the feedback are debatable.

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

I can't remember exactly what I said to them, but I didn't curse them out. Basically I asked them  WHY???? - why didn't they contact me at all? I know that's not what you think I should have said as you articulated but. eBay doesn't really even let me reach out to them - I went to the auction page and couldn't even send them a reply - I kind of had to do a work-around and send them a message not based on the item. 

I lose more hope in humanity every day. 

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

You can contact buyers by looking at your 'orders' (all) and click far left, drop down menu comes up- then click 'contact buyer'. 

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

Listen, I got the shaft as it was. I really had no idea how much of the tip had been removed, and I stated in the listing. I actually had one potential bidder as me prior to bidding how much had been removed and I said I did not know, and that it could have been an inch or whatever. I TOLD THEM NOT TO BID. I never lie in my items to get more bids - in fact I usually go out of my way to talk down any of the clubs that I list if I have any doubts about their condition. 

The damndest thing about this is the fact that this buyer has cut me off - there was ZERO communication whatsoever about the item with me. That buyer clearly just felt like ruining someone's reputation because they were having a bad day, IMO. 

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

@saintpaulgolf wrote:

eBay doesn't really even let me reach out to them - I went to the auction page and couldn't even send them a reply - I kind of had to do a work-around and send them a message not based on the item. 

eBay does let sellers reach out to Buyers about an order. There is a "Contact Buyer" link in the action menu for every order in the Seller Hub.

luckythewinner_1-1627397236982.png

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

Since I did not cut the shaft down, yes, their comment is a flat-out lie. My reputation after 20 years here should speak to my truthfulness. This person has 100 feedback, I have 1268. 

Message 13 of 40
latest reply

@saintpaulgolf 

Really sorry about all this - it is almost impossible some days to not take it "personal".

First of all - I believe you when you say "you" did not alter the club.  But you sell in this genre and as a quasi-expert, your listing could have been more definitive as to the current state of the club.  Not a biggie, just a learn from this deal.

Second - Buyers sometimes dig in and they are not interested in "working it out".  Ever.  Nothing you can really do in those situations.  Except, keep selling and know that the majority of those you interact with mean you no harm - they just wanna buy your widget.

You Buyer "thinks" you mis-represented your club shaft.  You did not mean to, clearly, but the listing is not clear on the shaft alteration.  Without being your Buyer, no idea what "ideal" length he needed.  He is evidently not a short person.  LOL

Best of luck to you in your future sales!  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 14 of 40
latest reply

@saintpaulgolf  - Click contact Buyer in the transaction view next to the order:

Dear Buyer,

I want to follow-up with you concerning our order together one last time.  I am truly sorry this order has not met your expectations.  We strive to make every order one that meets or exceeds our Buyer's expectations and based on your feedback, we missed the mark.  I am writing to you, as I would like to make this right.

The shaft that you purchased was not altered by me personally, but unfortunately, appears to have been potentially altered with the prior club head.  I acquired this club used and do not know the full history of the club itself.

We would be happy to send you a label for this item and have you ship it back to us for free and we will fully refund you upon receipt.  If would like to keep the club, we can offer a discount of (insert amount) for the club.  

Your overall satisfaction is very important to us as we have been a Seller on this platform for many years.  We hope to hear from you soon regarding your order.

Sincerely,

Your Seller

Posting ID Only.......
Message 15 of 40
latest reply