cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to cancel an order

I got too much help from a cat while packing today. I can see the "contact buyer" so I can apologize and tell them I will be cancelling their item that is now in 1000 pieces, but I can't find any "cancel button". It has probably been  8 years since I've had to cancel, and I just can't seem to figure it out. I am working on my desktop computer, which is my preference for something like this, and have looked at the app too, but I'll be darned if I can find out how to do this.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Need to cancel an order

You can cancel here:  https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/cancelling-transaction?id=4136

OR

Go to your orders page:  https://www.ebay.com/sh/ord/?filter=status:ALL_ORDERS   Find the order and choose "cancel order" from the drop down arrow to the left.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@mewgirl1 wrote:

I got too much help from a cat while packing today. I can see the "contact buyer" so I can apologize and tell them I will be cancelling their item that is now in 1000 pieces, but I can't find any "cancel button". It has probably been  8 years since I've had to cancel, and I just can't seem to figure it out. I am working on my desktop computer, which is my preference for something like this, and have looked at the app too, but I'll be darned if I can find out how to do this.

How sellers can cancel an order

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/sellers-can-cancel-order?id=4136&st=12&pos=2&query=Ho... 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Revenge….. Next time, buy the fancy cat treats.

--
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thanks everyone! Never have found anything to click on the order itself, but the "how to" instructions actually offer me my most recent sales to click on. I've sent a message to the buyer and will give her several hours to have a chance to see it before possibly being broadsided by seeing the refund first. Will cancel by the end of the day and hope it goes through before the original payment hits my bank account tomorrow.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I was raised with cats so I understand them well and whenever you need to concentrate on anything, you need to either put them in another room or put something down for them. A towel works great! Place it on the floor and they will lie on it. (In the younger days I was a waitress and when I rolled my coins my kitty would want to lie on the pile of coins!  Maybe it was cool? Or wanted my full attention?)

Now, about your buyer:  Don't cancel before contacting them first!!!!!!  I've had sellers do that to me as if I didn't count and it offended me.  No vote, just the slap in the face. Even if it's obvious, let them in on the happening before the cancel.  I always asked "What do you want me to do: cancel, or send it to you anyway?" They ALWAYS thanked me and gave me great feedback.  No one wants to be left out.

Scratch your kitty's neck, below the ears for me!  They LOVE that!  Puuuurrrrrrr...

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

username checks out

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Huh?  Whose: yours, mine, the OP's?  You have a bet with someone about it?  (Smiles!)

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I had some close calls with Cassie, the Tuxedo in Trouble - I solved it by making sure at all times when I was packing there was an open box in the vicinity, and provided a rolled up piece of tissue paper.  If she wasn't inside the box, she would be chasing the tissue paper.  That mostly kept her paws off my merchandise.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 9
latest reply