cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need suggestions on how to handle this Fendi purse

I sold a Fendi Spy bag on Feb 3, 2017.  It had a braided handle and there was a spot on the handle where the end of the braiding was coming out which I stated in the listing and took a picture of. The lady told me after the first use that another end came out so I ended up giving her a partial refund. On Sept 13, the handle totally came apart. She claims that she only used it 3 times. She sent pictures of the damage. She tried to get it fixed at the Fendi store, but they won't do anything since she did not have a receipt. She wants some type of compensation from me. Is this something I am responsible for? I had no idea that the handle was going to come apart. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Need suggestions on how to handle this Fendi purse

"Dear Braidy Bunch, 

I'm sorry but far too much time has elapsed since your purchase for us to consider further claims.

The handle was shown to have a small defect when purchased, and you also received a partial refund at that time. There is nothing further that we can do for you at this time regarding any additional problems now with the handle of your bag. 

Regards, 

Your Name Here"

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

That was almost 9 months ago ...

Nope, no way. Not your fault.

I would block them and not respond any further.

Edit: Just to clarify, I meant block them from being able to purchase anything else from you. I don't think you can block them from messaging you since you two have had a completed transaction.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

"Dear Braidy Bunch, 

I'm sorry but far too much time has elapsed since your purchase for us to consider further claims.

The handle was shown to have a small defect when purchased, and you also received a partial refund at that time. There is nothing further that we can do for you at this time regarding any additional problems now with the handle of your bag. 

Regards, 

Your Name Here"

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The designer bag experts might be able to offer additional insight https://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/bd-p/fashion

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 4 of 4
latest reply