cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need response to negative feedback

I received my first negative (on another site) today for taking a 50% deduction after being sent back worn, dirty shoes without original packaging.  That site offers no seller protection and I can't have it removed so I need a good response.

Feedback left:

"BEWARE. I purchased these and wore them around the house for a few hours and determined they did not fit. I returned them, as instructed, in original condition with all tags and original packaging. XXXXXXX claims they were returned in "unsellable" condition. I literally tried them on. I believe this seller is acting in bad faith and I would not do business with them again. BEWARE."

I know there are some people here who are excellent at Feedback response so I'm hoping someone can help.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Need response to negative feedback

@soh.maryl wrote:

There's another site that allows feedback?

Amazon does, although it's so buried in the clutter of their listings that it was ages before I ever noticed that they had it.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Thanks.  I am not a frequent flyer on Amazon, but I had no idea!

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Need response to negative feedback

I disagree.

You want to respond to the negative.

But you do not need to.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Hubby tried to leave feedback on Amazon concerning an item he purchased stating that the lid did not fit, and Amazon would not include it.  It sounds like they only want positive feedback.  Hubby was not happy.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

@disneyshopper wrote:

Hubby tried to leave feedback on Amazon concerning an item he purchased stating that the lid did not fit, and Amazon would not include it.  It sounds like they only want positive feedback.  Hubby was not happy.

I'm not sure what happened in your case, but I've seen plenty of unhappy feedback on Amazon, once I knew to go looking for it. 

My father bought a camera for his desktop from them a few months back, picking the cheapest one available despite what we later found was terrible feedback for that seller. A couple of weeks went by with no camera, and then he suddenly got an email from Amazon to say that the seller was history, and that if he hadn't received his order yet, he should apply for a refund right away, which he did.

Amazon refunded him, and then about three weeks later, a camera mysteriously arrived from China. No brand name, no instructions, and the lens cover (which had been a prime factor in his purchase) was packed separately and clearly from another model, as there was no way to attach it to the camera he'd finally received. He would have given them a Neg if they hadn't already been cratered by Amazon. eBay does not have a monopoly on cheap junk from China; it just seems that way. 😉

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

That's because Feedback is only supposed to be about the seller not the product, so if the Amazon bots thought it was a product review, the remove the feedback.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

I didn't ask on that site because if found the forum here more helpful.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@banana*shoe*boutique wrote:

I definitely don't want to portray a temper tantrum!  And I don't want to get too wordy.  The buyer admits they wore them for hours which seems excessive to decide that they don't fit.  I just want to clarify that I followed policy and that I don't act in "bad faith" to my buyers. 

Since this transaction did not transpire on ebay and we have no way of knowing the exact mechanisms involved it is possible the best reply would be no reply.

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

My response to this feedback on another site is this: Dear buyer, I did act in bad faith by choosing to sell on this site, it won't happen again and I shall return back to Ebay where all my customers are happy and where I am happy also.

Now, that's a great feedback for the customers of Bozo's world!

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

Re: pburn ...."Perhaps you have this transaction confused with one you've had with another seller?"..."

I don't think that kind of reply would be helpful because it has a condescending undertone and will make the seller sound rude. The last thing you want to do to the buyer is gaslight. The buyer was not happy with the fit of the shoe, if the seller has a return policy on the shoes, then the state of the shoes, the package and the amount of refund to be given should be stated clearly in the description and shipping section of the auction.If not the seller should give a full refund.

Best policy is to be kind when others are rude. In the long run its always better for business and your own peace of mind.

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply