cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need guidance on the new format

I am absolutely thrown by the changes in my selling routine.  All I want to do is sell things I've accumulated over the years and now must find outlets to sell.  And a few weeks ago I did well enough to continue, and suddenly the whole eBay world is turned upside down.  I can't find my own page to monitor what is selling and what is not.  Why has this happened? How can I find my page?  I've hit "activity" and it goes nowhere.  I can't find any resource to figure out how to improve my own knowledge.  I've been at this for many years now and feel so lost.  Please someone give me a direction.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Give us back "My Classic View" option, and PROBLEM SOLVED!!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

brittanie@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@micmac0210 We definitely want to help you navigate the changes to the All Selling page. There's an FAQ with information on where to find things here. I hope it helps! 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

First, take a deep breath.  I was switched a few weeks ago with no way to go back.  I was literally close to screaming and crying at the same time because I had auctions ending, regular sales, and a troubling transaction with a buyer I needed to deal with and bam everything changed at once.  I couldn't find a thing and the pressure I felt was real.   My husband said he had never seen me like that.

Anyway, you will find most of what you need with some digging and bookmark if you must.  Find overview and arrange the squares with what you need immediately.  BTW--Sold is now orders.  That wasn't obvious to me at first.    I still hate it, but my melt down has eased.   Good luck.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Give us back "My Classic View" option, and PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

SO glad to read your calm response!   There's so much turmoil in the air here on these discussion boards!

I guess I was lucky to be switched to Managed Payments between selling spells.  I took a break and didn't list anything before and a few days after cataract surgery.   My only concern with that was not being able to drive my sales (safely!) to the post office with one eye patched.  

Maybe I have a natural tendency to "go with the flow" more than some other sellers here.   Or maybe I am, as I wondered in a previous post, somehow living in a fool's paradise and eventually will be crushed by the overreach of eBay managing payments to me after one of my items sells.   Not to mention the insanity or illogic or immorality or criminality of -- whatever the next eBay revision is.  

With so many people leaving -- if we can take the dismay of sellers who have posted here as the opinions of a greater number -- I hope some of them have listings in categories where I also list.   I could use less competition, and I'm not planning to sell anywhere else (online, that is).   I'll be here until I am incapacitated or sell everything I don't need, whichever comes first !!

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

NO, IT DOES NOT HELP AND YOU WOULD KNOW IT IF YOU WERE A SELLER.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Did you put your eye patch up for sale?

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I got a better idea, stop listing.  I did.  Was going to put up a bunch of auctions and BINS.  I am taking a vacation from this nightmare.  Why should I have to do 5 times the work for the same results.  Plus, there is already bugs and issues involved.  They don't care one bit about sellers.  Nothing.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

"Did you put your eye patch up for sale?"  

HA!!  No, not yet!!

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

So tell me, why would you at ebay want us to do 5 times more work, for the same results?

Sorry, but reading about it does nothing.

It is a nightmare, but, then again, every time I go to list here, it's like this.  Things that do not

need changing are.  All for the look, not for our benefit, but for some web designer who never sold a thing in there life.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Oh, my goodness!!   You still have six active listings!!   What if they SELL ?!?!?  

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Thank you so much.  I felt better when you described your feelings when the change took place. I thought I was losing my mind and still feel as tho I'll never get it. But I will.  I did bookmarks, and it seems to work (at the moment).  I will be happier when I actually "get it" without creating chaos.  I do very much appreciate your help.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

The new format is absolutely awful, not user friendly at all. Why ebay would change what works is beyond me but I guess it's because they are hiring a bunch of new tech nerds that do not understand what the users require. The sooner ebay gives us the option to switch back the better. I hate having to navigate through the endless minutia of useless widgets.

Epic fail

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Well, I don't like it much at all, but I have managed, thanks to some suggestions here (blessed people, love you dearly) like bookmarking, that has managed to allow me to put a few things up, and lo and behold, they sold and I was able to mail things out.  Wow!  I thought my time had come and that I would be out of the picture.  So this part of eBay, the opportunity to ask for help and get it from fellow sellers, is a gift.  I'm calmer now except I'm pulling out boxes and boxes of stuff I've accumulated over the years and am slowly coming back to life.  I do truly love you.  

Message 15 of 17
latest reply