cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO MORE 30 day listings WHY????????????????

why do   ebay does this???????????  now any item listed will only show in COMPLETED ITEMS unless it is sold  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We is never gonna know that it was listed for 2 years          **bleep** they do this for?????????  Is it in hopes a small seller who get 50 free listing will forget if they is got 100 and then ebay will get the $.30 item insertion fee when the unsold items expire and AUTOMATICALLY RENEW????????????  only reason I can think of   sure do not help seller

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2019-
early/index.html#fixed-price-listing

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Good-Til-Cancelled-Update-from-Harry-
Temkin-VP-of-Seller/m-p/29556986#M1378076

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

nope,it's so listings will go off into oblivion in search results.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Dead links

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

LOL, and if you end one of these GTC listings eBay will tell you you will get more exposure by putting it in a auction. eBay said it ended 30 days listings so items could get more exposure by auto renewing within GTC listings (unless cancelled by the seller). After I ended the last one, to withdraw items from the lot for business use, eBay said I'd get better exposure in a eBay store.

But at the same time they send out multiple emails saying my items are in buyer's cart and that there are eyes on my items so apparently the GTC listings are the place to be as long as lower my price 5%. Now I am confused (not).

I am sure glad eBay is there to tell us peons what to do. Now if they only can figure out what to do themselves. Their long term plans don't appear to have worked so far. They keep slipping and Amazon is now the 800 gorilla in the room.

This is where a application such as GarageSale can help manage your GTC listings as opposed to using eBay's worthless tools. You can easily arrange and rearrange your listings into folders with different custom titles.

In this case I simply use Fixed 1, Fixed 2, Fixed 3 and so on to denote different groups of GTC listings. The start and end date of these are recorded on a dry erase board (or could be written on a piece of paper). These listings are ended at 28-29 days by simply selecting the entire folder of listing and telling GarageSale to end them. You could also put the end date right in the each folder's custom name if you wanted, but I find this method faster.

Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 11.12.10 PM.png

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

"eblivion"

Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@rosemary6525   Yes, that is one reason they did that, to generate revenue from double relisting in one month OR for Sellers who use Promotions and forget to End their listing before the Relist for the Fee ...

Did you see the announcement on this back in February?  It went in to effect March 18 ... so did you get charged a bunch of Fees?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@anthology-of-treasures wrote:

This is where a application such as GarageSale can help manage your GTC listings as opposed to using eBay's worthless tools. You can easily arrange and rearrange your listings into folders with different custom titles.

I'm curious is this GarageSale a FREE service or do you need to pay for it?

Good luck to ALL the small sellers out there!
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I don't believe Ebay cares about making 30¢ on your 50 to 100 listings !! Really no benefit in that !! ( $1.50 to $3.00 ) isn't exactly Money !! They want Items listed that Sell and not just sit and take up space on their site !! So if they sit, then yes you will pay for the Use of Ebays space !! 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

How many people have done the math and posted calendars, now, that you continue to ignore - showing one can get fees down to a single double bill only every few YEARS?????

Oh, wait... plus that memo where EBay announced they’d be changing to a calendar month cycle in a month or so to avoid even THAT problem?????

But, no, GTC is just a nefarious money grabbing plot. That’s the only purpose. 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

ohhhh but it is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@sweetpieces4you wrote:

I don't believe Ebay cares about making 30¢ on your 50 to 100 listings !! Really no benefit in that !! ( $1.50 to $3.00 ) isn't exactly Money !! They want Items listed that Sell and not just sit and take up space on their site !! So if they sit, then yes you will pay for the Use of Ebays space !! 

Well, maybe they don't exactly care about this seller's minor amount of payment but when you add this together with all the others who either forget to end a listing, etc., it can add up to quite a bit in a short period of time.

And I also think that your math is off slightly.

When I multiply 50 by .30, I get $15.00.   100 by .30 is $30.00.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

It's Money !! But that money is for Using the Ebay Platform to Sell your items and If your listed items don't/won't sell and you don't want to pay then just cancel them out before they are relisted !! It's not Rocket Science to hit the ( End Listing Now ) !! I'm a small seller and Have no problem at any time to cancel my listings (And I Do Whenever I Want) !! Or to list my items when I want to !! Larger Sellers have to monitor their listing and list many at a time to have control !! 

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I Wasn't trying to be a Mathematician !! I was just making a point !! And if you Forget to cancel your listed items When It's Time that's is Your Fault !! If you can't manage a small amount of Listings then again that's Your Fault !! And By the Way, I know Mathematics when it's Comes to My Selling !! 

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@this*old*attic wrote:

How many people have done the math and posted calendars, now, that you continue to ignore - showing one can get fees down to a single double bill only every few YEARS?????

Oh, wait... plus that memo where EBay announced they’d be changing to a calendar month cycle in a month or so to avoid even THAT problem?????

But, no, GTC is just a nefarious money grabbing plot. That’s the only purpose. 

As mr_lincoln was one of the first to do the calendar thing to show which months would double list, you must have been addressing another poster?

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 15 of 18
latest reply