cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW fees I just found out about today!

Okay. As an seller, eBay requires you to except PayPal. That is your only option anymore. Between eBay and PayPal I pay about 15% of what I get. We all know that includes shipping. So pretty much you lose on shipping. NOW I just found out today that PayPal charges you to transfer money to your savings. So now you pay them fees, then pay them to get the money you already paid fees on. When did this happen? Last time I transferred money was a while back, but they never charged to transfer to my savings. Getting sick of them wanting more and more but us getting less and less for our items because eBay is flooded with stuff. Some so ridiculously cheap from other countries. I didn’t sell on eBay for many years because of the greed. Guess I will just go to Facebook. I have been having luck selling on there. Actually bringing in more that way than from eBay for the types of items I sell.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: NEW fees I just found out about today!

I just transferred money last week to my checking and there was no fee. 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@tomswifedebbie wrote:

Okay. As an seller, eBay requires you to except PayPal. That is your only option anymore. Between eBay and PayPal I pay about 15% of what I get. We all know that includes shipping. So pretty much you lose on shipping. NOW I just found out today that PayPal charges you to transfer money to your savings. So now you pay them fees, then pay them to get the money you already paid fees on. When did this happen? Last time I transferred money was a while back, but they never charged to transfer to my savings. Getting sick of them wanting more and more but us getting less and less for our items because eBay is flooded with stuff. Some so ridiculously cheap from other countries. I didn’t sell on eBay for many years because of the greed. Guess I will just go to Facebook. I have been having luck selling on there. Actually bringing in more that way than from eBay for the types of items I sell.

Pretty sure the only time that happens, is if you choose the new express way of getting money, which I think takes about an hour. Normal transfers are, and always have been, free.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Way less than an hour. It says 30 max but I usually get it within 3 minutes.

And no, there's no fee to transfer to your savings.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I recently tried this fast transfer and it took less than 5 minutes. Maybe faster, I wasn't watching it like a hawk. Costs all of 25 cents. Needed xmas money to burn, was well worth that quarter. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Like the others who replied, I do not get charged either. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@honestabe411 wrote:
Way less than an hour. It says 30 max but I usually get it within 3 minutes.

And no, there's no fee to transfer to your savings.

wow that's crazy. I'll keep that in mind

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I believe it's 25 cents to transfer money from Pal Pal to a debit card but it shows up right away . However there's no fee to send money directly to your bank account ,, but it could take a day or two to show up. You may consider going that route if the fee's are mounting too high. Tulips 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

There is no charge to withdraw money from your PayPal account to your bank account. Do you have the same bank as before? How much was the fee and how did you transfer?

I don't see any change to Paypal's policy on this.

link--> Using your bank account

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

tomswifedebbie wrote:..........I didn’t sell on eBay for many years because of the greed. Guess I will just go to Facebook. I have been having luck selling on there. Actually bringing in more that way than from eBay for the types of items I sell.

Well then, I think that is a smart decision... a *no brainer* as the kids say.  If you're bringing in more that way, and it doesn't sound like you're any fan of eBay anyway, go where it works best for you.  Good luck with your selling over there. 

I don't do Facebook, but do well here.  Ebay brings me far, far more buyers than any other site!  But i know it isn't for everyone.  

As to the PayPal charge, I've never incurred that... ever, and I move money from there on a regular basis. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I've been transferring money from Paypal regularly since 2000 and have never incurred any sort of fee. They did recently add some sort of express transfer that charges a quarter, but other than that transfers have always been free. I just transferred money last week, no fee and it was in my bank account in  24 hours.

Was was the notation given on the fee? What is it for?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

i don't get charged to transfer paypal money to my bank account either....unless using the quick transfer to debit card option....
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@tina06457 wrote:

I just transferred money last week to my checking and there was no fee. 

Me either and I have transferred many many many times in the years since I started selling.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I "accept" Paypal. To "except" Paypal would be to refuse it. I have never been charged a fee to transfer funds from Paypal to my bank account. I lose nothing on shipping. In fact, as of right now, I'm ahead by about $10 for the year. That's because I consider all expenses and decide on how much to charge BEFORE I offer an item for sale. You may wish to review your procedures to determine what you are doing incorrectly. ~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@duchess-at-speakeasy wrote:
I "accept" Paypal. To "except" Paypal would be to refuse it.  ~~C~~

Thank you. That's one of my pet peeves 🙂

I have a PayPal debit card. Have had one since the first time they offered them and have never had an issue with anything.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply