cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW EBAY RULES, NOT GOOD FOR SELLERS AT ALL

Now that ebay is collecting our proceeds and not giving it to us immediately upon sales we will have to delay shipping until we get the monies for our items into OUR bank. This was a poor move on ebay's part to NOT give us the option, and see what their hard working sellers want.!! 

Seems they had time on their hands to make up this change and not to speed up their billing.

Spend monies on newer servers with solid state drives not spinning drives, CALL DELL OR IBM SOON....

When I Started  ON EBAY MANY YEARS AGO it took no time at all for billing, now you have to wait multiple days to find out what you owe to pay them from your PAYPAL account before they dig into your checking account or credit card.

Did they just have to come up with something for the sake of change or that they were trapped on zoom calls etc...???

NO OPTIONS FOR US THE SELLERS KEEPING THEM AFLOAT.

May be time to stop selling or move on to another format, since after all they are making us start all over again with their new rules/ demands unwarranted to boot !!

Too Bad,.... 

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Re: NEW EBAY RULES, NOT GOOD FOR SELLERS AT ALL

I've never understood the Paypal hate.  The few times I've had to call Paypal I not only got through within minutes but the person on the line spoke perfect English and quickly assisted me with my issue.  Can't say the same for any other platform I've dealt with.  

I've dealt with a Managed Payments type atmosphere early on with my Shopify store, via Shopify Payments.  Just like eBay's Managed Payments, Shopify doesn't actually run Shopify Payments, some third party international bank does.  Everything was fine for over a year, I never had transaction issues, disputes or anything, then out of the blue I get an email that I can't use Shopify payments anymore, no warning, no explanation, no way to appeal, nothing.  Shopify couldn't help me because they're just the face of it, they have zero power and provide almost zero support, they couldn't even tell me why I was cut off.  And you can't speak to the person at the bank who made the decision.   So now I use Paypal on my site exclusively.  I will no longer be put in a middle man situation again, and that's what managed payments is.

If you think eBay support is bad for eBay platform issues that they actually have control over, enjoy when you have a payment issue and they have no power because they don't actual run their own payment system, some international bank does and they will care even LESS about you than eBay does.  

Message 61 of 72
latest reply

gjs_16
Guide

@geartel27 wrote:

Now that ebay is collecting our proceeds and not giving it to us immediately upon sales we will have to delay shipping until we get the monies for our items into OUR bank. This was a poor move on ebay's part to NOT give us the option, and see what their hard working sellers want.!! 

Seems they had time on their hands to make up this change and not to speed up their billing.

Spend monies on newer servers with solid state drives not spinning drives, CALL DELL OR IBM SOON....

When I Started  ON EBAY MANY YEARS AGO it took no time at all for billing, now you have to wait multiple days to find out what you owe to pay them from your PAYPAL account before they dig into your checking account or credit card.

Did they just have to come up with something for the sake of change or that they were trapped on zoom calls etc...???

NO OPTIONS FOR US THE SELLERS KEEPING THEM AFLOAT.

May be time to stop selling or move on to another format, since after all they are making us start all over again with their new rules/ demands unwarranted to boot !!

Too Bad,.... 

Please do not speak for me, I did not ask you to include me in this, you do not have my permission to do that.

Message 62 of 72
latest reply

@geartel27 wrote:

???? I do not have to wait to know what I owe because it's taken out of the payments I receive right up front. In nearly eight months of being on MP, they have only had to take part of my store payment out of my bank account once because the weekly payout ended up being the day before they assessed the store payment and there was not enough left in my processing payments to cover the full amount.

Message 63 of 72
latest reply

Another seller since 1999 that agrees with you .. although I am sure you as many of us realize that we are just spitting in the wind hoping for wise decisions to magically appear . Recent changes have screwed many sellers ... LIKE ME .. I am in the antique and art business and have been all my life , something those making the decisions at E Bay have no clue about ... ( one ) example is the Good Till Cancelled policy ... that actually ( devalues ) many art and antique items ,  5 - 7 - 10 day  listings create an urgency for the buyer ..  30 day buy it now creates no urgency .. Really .. Its the those that kiss E Bay's --- that is hard to understand .. it's embarrassing !

Message 64 of 72
latest reply

I Love Non Spinning Drives!!

Message 65 of 72
latest reply

What I find a bit off about the new Payment system is we do have to wait about 4 days for funds to be in our accounts. It’s still an avenue to sell extra stuff-still a way to make money and eventually  you get the money. But I really liked PayPal because the money was there right away and could be used for online purchases-Without ever having to be put into a personal account.

one plus is fees are paid right away so no end of months bill. It has showed me though that,really, it is very hard to make money on eBay. In my situation every little bit helps though so I can’t complain

Message 66 of 72
latest reply

Amen Brother. I feel the same way. Cash flow is essential to any business operation especially small business like most of those on eBay.  Back when eBay first started and there was no payment system like PayPal, we were glad to see checks in the mail. Then PayPal came along and for bad or worst, we liked getting our money in a day or so. Eventually PayPal offered us the choice to get our money immediately for a small fee . Either way your funds were in PayPal right away and we had CHOICES. 

I know PayPal had it's problems for both buyers and sellers early on. But at least it seems that PayPal  started working more towards customer satisfaction and not exploitation.  Yes it took a few law suits to get there but the final product or service that PayPal provides was pretty good.

eBay on the other hand Forced everyone into a  system  that I'm pretty sure most would not have signed up for willingly. Thus we actually regressed in the way we get paid nearly 15 years.  eBay should have allowed the free market to sell eBay MP . But then WHY? When it didn't have too.

Message 67 of 72
latest reply

Are you kidding me?! I make soooooooo muchhhhhhh money off of Pay Pal from my web site. People use Pay Pal more then their credit cards. You have no idea because you have never ventured far from ebay.

Message 68 of 72
latest reply

As a seller.I don't sell on ebay. Or buy anymore

Just don't trust the website and people

Please cancel and ask for a refund Asap.

Not interested in dealing with ebay customer service either.. ebay is a great place for scammers not a place for honest people to sell..

Not for me

Message 69 of 72
latest reply

My ebay  sales are down about 70% since new rules took affect .  Shipping is higher and the fees are higher time to think about something different.

Message 70 of 72
latest reply

Yes, ebay gets terrible! I have to wait money for few days, they split the payouts, I won't receive all money in full and have to wait a long. AND - when any case or anything(that happens often) - unbelivable, but they take money form my bank account! As for now I am sitting without money, cannot proceed shipping items, as I have zero money to pay shipping and packaging. So poor...

Message 71 of 72
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 72 of 72
latest reply