cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP WITH MULTIPLE BEST OFFERS, NOT SURE WHAT TO DO

I received an offer for an item, and countered.  No response yet. Since then, I have received 2 more offers, one very close to the but it now.  Can I accept the highest offer, without waiting on response from the first counter offer?  Not sure how this works. Don't want to get in trouble with Ebay.

Thanks

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: NEED HELP WITH MULTIPLE BEST OFFERS, NOT SURE WHAT TO DO

@plm514 wrote:

Thanks for the replies.  What about the first counter I made?  I was just worried I had to wait on her reply.....

No, you don't have to wait.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Accept the best one - that is what "best offer" means. The others will be notified that the item is no longer available.

"Free" shipping is like "free" kittens. Ain't no such thing.
eBay buyer and seller since January, 1998 - Former member of the "Answer Center Irregulars"....In memory of flowerpot.4
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

@plm514 wrote:

I received an offer for an item, and countered.  No response yet. Since then, I have received 2 more offers, one very close to the but it now.  Can I accept the highest offer, without waiting on response from the first counter offer?  Not sure how this works. Don't want to get in trouble with Ebay.

Thanks

Yes you can accept the other offer as the item is still up for sale until somebody buys it.  I have had this happen in the past and had no issues with Ebay at all.  

David

TWnpopcards

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Yes, pick whichever one you want.  In best offer previously responded to offers don't matter.  All you have to do is choose the one you want and accept it.

You must be selling something special to have multiple offers.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

@plm514 wrote:

Thanks

You're in a good situation. You can accept the highest offer and ignore the other offers if you want. Accept only the offer that's closest to your BIN price, no less. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Thanks for the replies.  What about the first counter I made?  I was just worried I had to wait on her reply.....

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

@plm514 wrote:

No, you don't have to wait.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

You are making this WAY to difficult. Accept the highest offer, the others will get a message the item is no longer available. It is not unusual for someone who keeps negotiating to loss an item because they are too cheap, and there is no guarantee they would ever buy the item. Until it sells it is free to be purchased, it is basically the same as if you had offers and someone swooped in and purchased the item. Or if you don't like money wait around for the first guy to answer and maybe lose all prospective buyers.... your choice.

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Just be sure to look over the feedback left by the bidder with the offer you are about to accept, in case there any white flags.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

As instruct by all. First buyer is the buyer, and it is over.

Well, it's supposed to be over, but you may still get a message from the counter offer saying that you should have sold it to them.

We may even hear from them here complaining that they had a counter offer on an item an the seller did not honor itSmiley Wink

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Besides accepting  the current offers, you are also allowed to counter-offer each and every one of for a higher amount. You never have to accept anybody's first offer.  I suggest you do THAT since your item seems like it's hot merchandise! They can counter back again (twice), and you can still always accept the highest offer.  

Good luck (I'm jealous!) Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Suppose after you made that first counter offer, no others came in but another buyer just bought it at the full buy it now price.  This is in effect the same thing.  You are under no obligation to wait for the first person to respond and doing so may cause you to loose them all.

Take whichever offer you prefer.  The other bidder snoozed and losed.

Joe

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@tellmemama

@haroldthepug2003

This question was asked and answered on February 9, nearly a month ago.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Before you even do any of that, every time you get an offer, check your buyer out in toolhaus to see if they are insane

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

So what?  Maybe we wanted to participate in the convo.   More than one person can "answer" a question considering this is an ebay community forum.  

Message 15 of 21
latest reply