cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New To Ebay, I need Help

Hello,

Thank you upfront for reading!

I am very new to ebay. I just started listing earlier this month. 

I am at a loss how to get noticed or how to start selling. I have a large inventory I am about to add more to just the few I have listed. 

Is there any good books that anyone recomends or blogs.

Thanks,

Elliott

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

New To Ebay, I need Help

There are seller limits that usually prevent a new seller from starting out with a large list of $200 and higher items.  You'll hve to start slow, get a few sales, then work upwards.  Concentrate on the lower prices parts.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

New To Ebay, I need Help

@ecc_parts wrote:

I am at a loss how to get noticed or how to start selling. I have a large inventory I am about to add more to just the few I have listed.

Are you sure there is a market for your items on eBay?

For example:

Your new Turbo Chef NGC-1025 is $700. A search of active listings show that yours is competitive with the others that are listed, but a search of sold items shows just one has sold on eBay in the past three months - a new one for just $202.

Your new Turbo Chef NGC-3016 is priced competitively with others available on eBay, but a search of sold items shows none have sold here in the last three months.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

New To Ebay, I need Help

Thank you upfront for reading!

Is there any good books that anyone recomends or blogs.

Thanks, ecc- parts 

Just off the top,, always try and provide  several clear photos of the items, always give good detailed descriptions . Always make note inside the listing if there are any flaws  in the item being sold . Use bold descriptive titles and offer 30 day refunds on returns .Strive for good  positive feedback , it helps to add a thank you note or even a small surprise free gift  in with each item shipped .  Keep your prices very comparable and  last but not least  listen to your customers , always try and deal with them with an open mind . Be realistic but never assume the worst . Good luck to you 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

New To Ebay, I need Help

I'm just  looking at your products now. The first thing I can tell you is that you have to put details and an item description in the listing. Buyers don't want to have to call sellers for details such as measurements or what units it will fit. Plus Ebay is getting strick on communication between buyers and sellers now in the hopes of stopping off Ebay sales so buyers may not feel comfortable contacting you as this process is automated by bots searching for certain wording and results in a warning if they detect any questionable wording. Because of the programming - some people are receeiving these warnings evern though they have no intention of taking a sale off Ebay.

You also are in a specific nitch - so the items may not sell as quickly.

The one thing I did notice is your listing for the Turbo Chef Blower. The last one sold was brand new sold for $202 at auction. There is another seller selling the same item for $700 or best offer. You have new on your listing but the item looks pitted and has some discoloration so it does not appear new. If this is a new item but old stock - this should be mentioned in your description so the buyer can appreciate why there may be some discoloration to the metal - as right now if that sold I could see a buyer opening an Item Not as Described case for the item not being new as advertised.

Best of luck to you as there is a lot of learning to do - but posters on the board are very knowlegable and willing to help!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

New To Ebay, I need Help

ECC...

First question.  How did  you decide  that  Ebay  would be  a  good place  to  sell  Restaurant Equipment?  Did you  do a  Search on  Ebay  to  see whether  a large quantity of items  like yours  are listed here?   And  did you  do a  Search to see how many  of  these items---actually  get  SOLD?     And how long  it usually  takes  for these  items  to  be purchased---from  Start   dates of  these Listings?

You need to find out from  those  Searches  whether this type of  Site is  a  viable one  for  selling  your inventory.    Also  you should  go  back and revise your  current  Listings---in order to  ADD  lots of  informative details.    What you  are doing now  will  not  get you many  buyers.  Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 6
latest reply