cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new strategy for replying to unwarranted neg. feedback ...attacking eBay

auctionairecorp
Trailblazer

The Negative feedback:
cancled my order over my us residental adress being suspicious. ive been placing orders for years without a issue, this is a first. owell not my loss, wont ever do bussiness again with this person.

My responce:
I didnt cancel order, USPS software did, it wanted me to change it around, I would have lost my eBay seller protection. The email that he (claims) called his address "suspicious" came from eBay. He claims "placing orders for years" but he has lifetime total of 8 feedbacks, quite the disparity.

This is one of the reasons that you don't want to sell on eBay. They let a guy that they can clearly see is exagerating, didnt even buy anything, wipe out your business & the 1000's of hours you spent.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: My new strategy for replying to unwarranted neg. feedback ...attacking eBay

@auctionairecorp wrote:

EBay likes to wait a little bit,  you know past the point where he can revise it. The shipment was supposed to arrive on Saturday and Sunday he left that feedback. What a world we live in. Somewhat suspicious but I immediately refunded him. 

two days later on Tuesday he bought the same order again despite his very negative negative feedback which when combined with his earlier actions is expanding the normal distribution of probabilities of what this person's rationale or motives are.

Someone that left me a negative would not have purchased from me again without a new ID.

and why, oh why would they have gotten an immediate refund for an item that was 1 day late?

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

eBay has a huge problem on their hands - that they themselves created. They have given all benefit of doubt to buyers as if buyers are the ones less likely to try and game the system. Wrong. Buyers are the predators of online shopping in almost all cases.

Sellers, especially ones that have taken the time to build an online business/store, are very unlikely to all of a sudden go on a scam spree.

The consequences of eBay's actions are that they've lost many great sellers and this is truly the backbone of their business. Another problem they've created is their rollout of managed payments and exorbitant fee increases over the first couple years. Remember when they promoted it as sellers will save on fees (versus PayPal)? How long did that last? Not even a year?

The fees are higher by a lot. Fees for the main category I sell in used to be 8.73% total (including all PayPal fees) and now it's 12.6%. Both include my 10% Top Rated Seller discount, which I also expect they will eventually do away with in the near future, watch.

In conclusion, I have never seen a major company nickel and dime their vendors the way this company does. It's no wonder they have been the subject of so many class action lawsuits.

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

You state that eBay has "lost many great sellers"?

And are you privy to the reasons that these great sellers have left? 

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

Feedback is utterly unimportant.

EBay doesn't use it to assess member accounts.

Most customers think 95% is an "A" seller, because that's how it worked in high school.

The few that look at FB can't figure out how to see older negs.

The few that can figure out how to see negs are just as likely to sympathize with the seller as with the complaining buyer.

Exception.

When a seller leaves an angry unprofessional name-calling Response. That makes the neg easier to see and does not improve the customer's opinion of the seller.

OTOH- you do have a lot of negative and neutral FB recently.

Message 34 of 34
latest reply