cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new strategy for replying to unwarranted neg. feedback ...attacking eBay

auctionairecorp
Trailblazer

The Negative feedback:
cancled my order over my us residental adress being suspicious. ive been placing orders for years without a issue, this is a first. owell not my loss, wont ever do bussiness again with this person.

My responce:
I didnt cancel order, USPS software did, it wanted me to change it around, I would have lost my eBay seller protection. The email that he (claims) called his address "suspicious" came from eBay. He claims "placing orders for years" but he has lifetime total of 8 feedbacks, quite the disparity.

This is one of the reasons that you don't want to sell on eBay. They let a guy that they can clearly see is exagerating, didnt even buy anything, wipe out your business & the 1000's of hours you spent.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Was the feedback removed?   I don't see it.  I think Ebay shouldn't allow negatives.  So many people take out their frustrations with them.  Many times they're not even reacting to the order but something else in their life. Contrary to what ebay thinks the effect can be felt when buyers compare you to another with 100% positive.  It's fine if you're an amazon prime drop shipper from china with a phone and 2M listings.  Ebay will reward you for your deception and not care if you get 50-100 negatives a month.  A seller should be able to leave a negative too.  I don't think sellers abused that right.  It just helped regulate things and keep the riff raff in line.  The mere presence of the ability dissuaded a lot of trouble makers, many of which were total conartists/criminals.  I'm still below 99%.  I can't offset my negative.  Ebay no luv me no moah.  Why they don't even put me in the helpful section of this board.  By my count I should be 15th most helpful  :D.  To me a negative is a form of vandalism as if someone went to a store,  didn't like the experience,  so they spray painted in red on the  front of the building their experience for all to see.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 15 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

This guy wiped out your business?  How?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 34
latest reply

Not a good strategy. 

#1. Leave your negative emotions at the door when replying to feedback. It makes you sound petty and you are expected to behave more professional and courteous than the buyer, even if the buyer is a tool.

#2. Whenever I go to a store/restaurant and get help from an employee/waiter, I don't want to hear about how that person's boss is unfair to him and telling me how I shouldn't work there because of how bad he is treated. It will make me never want to go back to that store/restaurant or at the very least, never ask that person to help me again. Much like how I won't want to buy from you when you complain about how bad it is for you to be a seller on ebay. It sounds like you don't even want to sell, so what chance would I have getting moderate service from a disgruntled person like you? So don't do this strategy.

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

auctionairecorp
Trailblazer

It's not vindictive. It's truth. It's not personal.

Life has negative experiences. If you see negativity its because there is negativity. I can't be blamed for what is. And I refuse to hide from the lies that I see. Truth is generally more important to me than the consequences of fighting for it.

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Another fine eBay buyer, and just a heads up there is no seller protection on eBay, they may tell you there is but wait until you have to use it you think some buyers are scammers, eBay is even worse. Good luck

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Interesting that you post a lot of negative remarks here, but still have 100 current listings.  

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

@auctionairecorp wrote:

It's not vindictive. It's truth. It's not personal.

Life has negative experiences. If you see negativity its because there is negativity. I can't be blamed for what is. And I refuse to hide from the lies that I see. Truth is generally more important to me than the consequences of fighting for it.

People either won't care, or they'll avoid you because they think you'll be a problem to deal with.

It's called "shooting yourself in the foot".

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Thanks Dental, You wont find one listing in my 80+ listings that doesn't have the phrase "eBay Seller Protection Case"  You have to call eBay to ever get anywhere on criminal buyers. Reporting them on line is futile. 
I have got money back, that I had written off, and the recalcitrant buyer probably lost their money back gaurantee. 

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Was the FB on this account? it does not appear to be there any more.

@auctionairecorp 

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 9 of 34
latest reply

It was on my account for about two hours, it got all together deleted at 7:30 AM est this morning, along with another negative feedback. This certainly had nothing to do with truthtalking eBay on this forum last night, nor to do with mentioning eBay in the feedback.  I owe some eBays folks some kudos.

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Yes and they are also for sale on many other sites. At least I post up front under my only ID

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

@auctionairecorp wrote:

They let a guy that they can clearly see is exagerating, didnt even buy anything, wipe out your business & the 1000's of hours you spent.

IMHO anyone who suggests that a single negative feedback will "wipe out your business & the 1000's of hours you spent" is also clearly exaggerating. 

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

...I got the same situation couple times...

...I messaged the buyers about the issue with their shipping address by providing information from USPS and eBay warning...I suggested buyers to submit the correct address as I didn't want to see buyers lost the item if package delivered to a wrong house then, I mentioned about eBay protection policy for both, sellers and buyers (didn't want to make buyers feel less important when in reality if shipping address mattered, sellers get that protection more than)...

...finally, I let buyers know that I will regretfully cancel the sales after either no responses or no cooperative actions  from buyers and, again I stated out in the last message before placing the cancellation that I did it base on eBay's suggestion...

(basically, the blame is still on eBay...but in different demonstration...)

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

do you know the other dental poster.they used to be a frequent poster here

I think ther buisness was in Chester county PA.they sold dental equipment and were a real pro I thought

they were much easier to agree with but then may folks have dental phobia

I used to be scared of the dentist but not lately

you have a real camraderie with some ebayers here.............great minds think alike

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 14 of 34
latest reply

Was the feedback removed?   I don't see it.  I think Ebay shouldn't allow negatives.  So many people take out their frustrations with them.  Many times they're not even reacting to the order but something else in their life. Contrary to what ebay thinks the effect can be felt when buyers compare you to another with 100% positive.  It's fine if you're an amazon prime drop shipper from china with a phone and 2M listings.  Ebay will reward you for your deception and not care if you get 50-100 negatives a month.  A seller should be able to leave a negative too.  I don't think sellers abused that right.  It just helped regulate things and keep the riff raff in line.  The mere presence of the ability dissuaded a lot of trouble makers, many of which were total conartists/criminals.  I'm still below 99%.  I can't offset my negative.  Ebay no luv me no moah.  Why they don't even put me in the helpful section of this board.  By my count I should be 15th most helpful  :D.  To me a negative is a form of vandalism as if someone went to a store,  didn't like the experience,  so they spray painted in red on the  front of the building their experience for all to see.  

Message 15 of 34
latest reply