cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My listings say I'm on vacation until May 31st. Two buyers opened up 'items not received'.

list14
Adventurer

Why does Ebay allow buyers to open up a dispute when it is clear on each page of my listings that I am away?  I know I can hide my listings but I've never done that when away because buyers generally didn't mind waiting. Isn't this on Ebay to not allow this and to offer buyers automatic refunds?  What should I do?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

My listings say I'm on vacation until May 31st. Two buyers opened up 'items not received'.

@list14 wrote:

Why does Ebay allow buyers to open up a dispute when it is clear on each page of my listings that I am away?  I know I can hide my listings but I've never done that when away because buyers generally didn't mind waiting. Isn't this on Ebay to not allow this and to offer buyers automatic refunds?  What should I do?

Well, if you knew you could hide your listings, and you didn't do that, then whose fault is that?

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

@list14 wrote:

No, it is on you to understand the vacation settings page and not offer items that you cannot deliver within your handling time. 

"If you decide not to hide your fixed price listings, make sure you can still meet your stated handling and shipping times. Consider extending the handling time on your listings. "

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/ebay-stores/managing-ebay-store/account-holiday?id=4090

eBay is ecommerce site, and buyers expect ecommerce transactions to be quick.  I doubt eBay wants to gain a reputation for being a site where people pay a seller who will not ship for more than a month. I know I certainly don't want eBay to gain that reputation. 

IMHO a responsible seller who was going to be unable to fulfill orders for a month should end all his listings. 

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

Isn't there still a hide your listings option when using the vacation setting?  That's what I always did and it worked.  

I'm not sure fern. I do know that the out of stock option "hides" your listings ... well at least removes them from being searched. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

Isn't there still a hide your listings option when using the vacation setting?  That's what I always did and it worked.  

I'm not sure fern. I do know that the out of stock option "hides" your listings ... well at least removes them from being searched. 

Yes there is.

If OP was NOT going to ship then she should have hidden or pulled their listings.

Simply putting a notice at the top of the listing (that most don't see) that they were gone isn't going to fly.

WHEN the buyers bought the items she should have either shipped right then OR refunded and canceled the orders.

OP WILL lose the INR, and it will mess up their metrics, and its going to cause issues with her account.  I HOPE she has (since the cases opened) hidden or pulled the rest of her listings.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

I really had no idea about this. I thought since I put my store on vacation that covered me. I am going to see if I can hide my listings now. I prefer that to ending them.

question though, if I have to end them, how long do the listings stay in the ended listing section before they’re taken off? That happened to me a while back and it was incredibly hard to start new listings for everything 

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

@list14 wrote:

I really had no idea about this. I thought since I put my store on vacation that covered me. I am going to see if I can hide my listings now. I prefer that to ending them.

question though, if I have to end them, how long do the listings stay in the ended listing section before they’re taken off? That happened to me a while back and it was incredibly hard to start new listings for everything 

Technically 60-90 days.

How long are you going to be gone?

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 21 of 24
latest reply

They are all hidden now...

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

I don’t actually know due to the pandemic.
Message 23 of 24
latest reply

@list14 

What you do depends on what you did.

Did you hide them?

If you hid them they will just sit there until your vacation ends and they will be fine.  If your end date on you vacation gets close and you still don't feel safe mailing items, then end the vacation and start a new one making sure you hide the listings.

Did you end them?

You do have at LEAST 60 days where eBay will save them if you pulled the listings. But as a precaution (in case eBay loses them from your sold folder)

I would either take screen shots of your listings (you can still see them in your unsolds, just right click open on a new tab) so you have all the info you need IF you have to recreate them, and save the pics on your hard drive.

OR

You could create notepad** files  with all the info needed for the listings, and save the pics on your hard drive so you can put them back up when you feel safe to start selling again.

**Don't do it with word cause if you copy and paste from Word it brings HTML with it that you can't see but will mess up your listing

As for your current sales, refund the INR's that have come in, and if anything else sold that hasn't opened a case either ship (if they paid) or cancel them.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply