cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account got “ indefinitely restricted from selling” and i cannot withdraw my funds help!

My account got restricted today and i cannot withdraw my funds of nearly £2000. 

i uploaded a bracelet for sale, one person was interested ,sent me a offer, i accept , he can’t pay so i had to cancel. The same thing happened again. Once i finally sold it i had some problems with shipping so i let the buyer know and he had no problem with it. Eventually the item got to the seller. Suddenly ebay just restricts my account and money is on hold, i provided all the info they wanted but it didn’t help. Now i’m permanently restricted.. is there anything i can do to get my money back ?? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

My account got “ indefinitely restricted from selling” and i cannot withdraw my funds help!

This is the .com US boards, better posting your question on your home board.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Because you were an infrequent seller your payment will be held 14-30 days. I hope you got signature delivery.

You should not  have been restricted for cancelling a transaction after 4 days if you chose  buyer did not pay as the reason.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Usually eBay sends you information in the suspension notification what was the reason they gave for the suspension? You are in the UK so I am unable to see the item you sold but generally eBay does no penalize a seller for canceling an order if it was at the bequest of the buyer. If the buyer could not pay you could have simply waited the four days and canceled the order for non-payment which gives the buyer a strike against their metrics. 

You mentioned issues with shipping which is a performance metric eBay does pay attention to and will suspend or change a sellers level based on those metrics. Check your metrics in your seller hub. All of them should be at 0% except for the tracking uploaded on time and validated which should be at 100%. If any of these have issues that could possibly have something to do with the suspension. EBay is cracking down on the INR metric for international sellers, maybe in an inappropriate manner,  but that could be something you should also check. 

dbfolks166mt_1-1696158159632.png

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Account restrictions have increased dramatically on Ebay.  My account was also restricted about 3 months ago.  They said that the reason was a high INR rate increase.  However, I had 2 INR files in just 105 transactions.  Both of these had already been delivered to buyers.  But ebay still counts this as INR in their service metrics.  It was my account for 13 years and I had more than 2000 sales and 578 full positive feedback. Unfortunately, ebay is not a place for the good person. Good sellers are treated badly and unfairly.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

got a new email from them saying no appeal can be made. my funds will be “available for withdraw within 170 days or more” ☠️

Message 6 of 6
latest reply