cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving out of state

I'm moving out of state in about a month and I have to pack up my inventory.  I use "time away" when I go on vacation but this might be more time than a week before I can unpack our house and get back up and running.  Do I just use "time away" again but have it for a longer length of time? Any hints or help would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Moving out of state

Yes, use "time away" during your move.    It may not allow "long enough time period" so you may have to go back in and extend "time away" date.

Be sure to set it for "don't allow customers to make purchases" that way you will not stressed out and having to ship items in the middle of moving.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Moving out of state

Yes, use "time away" during your move.    It may not allow "long enough time period" so you may have to go back in and extend "time away" date.

Be sure to set it for "don't allow customers to make purchases" that way you will not stressed out and having to ship items in the middle of moving.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Moving out of state

@caldreamer 

...perfect answer...thump up...!!!

...oh, sorry for forgetting to say "thank you"...

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Moving out of state

Another option would be to end all your listings and just start them up once you are settled in and have your new office set up.  If I move locations I will just end all 2700 listings and be sure to get them up and live again within 80 days.  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Moving out of state

Now that generally sounds like a good idea, but will you get your listing fees back if you do that?

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Moving out of state

I moved about a year and a half ago.  When I packed up my eBay merchandise I carefully labelled each box with the exact contains on pink paper.  When the movers unloaded those boxes I had them stack them altogether on a big work bench in the garage with the labels out. I got back in business within a couple days of moving.  It was easy for the movers to put the boxes together because they were the only ones labelled with pink paper.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Moving out of state

One thing to watch out for is you can not have more than 30 "days way".  This was possible before they "improved" the application. And you can not just extend the time without putting your store back online. So you have to open and immediately re-close your store if you want to go longer than 30 days.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Moving out of state

Great idea!  That way I won't have to search through bins to find an item!! 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Moving out of state

Thanks! Didn't know about the time limit on "DAY'S AWAY" .  I'm holding out on packing my inventory as long as possible so that info comes in handy.  

Message 9 of 9
latest reply