cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More fake jewelry then ever hear

Noitce more then ever fakes in jewlery ,from the us ,a few years i ago i notice this as a ,international thing mosly ,one can spoend hours spoting fakes ,from knowing the market some what ,like london Blue topaz ,just one of the biggest faked gems ,has gone up in value ,an one who has some experience knows real good london blue is irradiated for about 2 years ,an furing that time theres a cooling down period ,so its rare an a 25 carat gem can sell for $500.00 ,the nice dark blue ,some think they can just start up a jewlery store over night ,now i am not a know it all but learned alot from gemstone books the net an life experience ,i have the tool refracometer presideume tester ,polariscope microscope an a frient that own a jewlery store for years ,i dont even try seling gems not in jewlery ,theres no $$ in it  ,i know ebay allows it to happen so pleace dont need any smart people hear ,just seems its geting worse not better ,the small seller may be gone if that tax goes through,i take pride in being an honest seller ,i think some do actaully think word of mouth is ok ,yes its real london blue ,its not an i have to test every gem ,when in doubt see my friend ,or send it off to the gia ,i have many 25 carat gems that were $5.00 ,there pretty worthless ,so word meens nothing ,an some get rich on those too,got a bad adtidude pleace keep negative coments to yourself about my thread thanks

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: More fake jewelry then ever hear

This is NOT limited to jewelry. Every single category is going to be flooded with Chinese stuff.. all fulfilled by ebay warehouses in 2016. 

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Yeah, Chinabay is alive and on the web, it just used to be call ebay, then freebay, now Chinabay where everything is promised to be real and authentic and just made yesterday

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

yes I know phones glasses clothes handbags you name it its faked coins ,though what i sell is jewelry
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

I got to say it not all china for me I have got some nice ring mounts from there ,tested all real ,thailand is big for gems ,china for silver an gold ,as well as many other countrys ,I have got real from all these countrys to ,just got to stay on top of that ,its true ebay allowing them to flood there web with fakes ,gives people about 50 /50 chance of it being real ,I try to buy from the same sellers,an some of the to rated sellers are the worst ,an some the best
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

they changed it from london blue to blue topaz ,but it still could be glass or dyed quartz,what gets me is the person has 99.6 feedback ,an sold more jewlery then me this year ,somemone said it best people are nieve ,they think there geting this great bracelet for 80.00 ,that the seller paid 10.00 for ,i know some person said i would make 700% mark up if i could to,but when its cheating people an comiting fraud ,its out there , they claimed iwas harrassing them ,when i as realy try to help them ,clearly not educated in gems ,no tools of the trade ,anyone who is for real knows ,you cant just go out an buy 1000.00 worth  jewelry ,at 10.00 a piece ,an think you now have jewelry bussness,they think its that easy ,i had sugested that they not just trust that there seller is selling them london blue ,they need to be able to test them

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

Use an online authenticity service like lux retailers website
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Ebay is very much like going to a garage sale  "junk" everywhere 🙂

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

I dont think emerald stones can rub off on your fingers. Do you think they were eating spinach before they photographed the picture of the emeralds in their hands?

Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 23 of 25
latest reply

@trustedbasset wrote:

I dont think emerald stones can rub off on your fingers. Do you think they were eating spinach before they photographed the picture of the emeralds in their hands?

do you think spinich will make them more genuine 🙂
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

I ordered a leather bracelet for my husband. When I received it, it was all skinned showing light color through black leather and very cheap. The listing did not say it was faux leather. I didn't want to pay for shipping back so I just contacted the seller to inform her of defected item and false listing and asked her to change it correctly for customers and told her I would not leave neg. feedback. She claimed she would never do anything like that and was very argumentative that it said faux in original listing. I went back and looked and she had changed the listing to say faux now. She still said that she did not just change it. So I contacted her again with photos of her original listing. She then said, oh, i see what you mean, saying that her husband does all the listings and she new nothing of it. Well, that was very deceitfull as in all her contacts you could tell she was the one listing them. I just recently looked at many of the items identical to mine, and now, once again they all appear to fool you into beleiving it is real leather. I can't beleive eBay lets sellers get by with this, as she sells a lot and does have some negative feedback about the items including gold not being real either. I was a very small seller for a long time and worked very hard to make sure all my listings were accurate. She is selling hundreds of items with false advertising. This is not fair to buyers. Also noticed, she has not been up and running for long, looks like its for the holiday season.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply