cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling

Why does eBay show all of my competers on my listing page.  This has hurt my business and therefore I am looking for alternative measures like Amazon and anyone else.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Selling

@hugh2-stuff wrote:

Why does eBay show all of my competers on my listing page.  This has hurt my business and therefore I am looking for alternative measures like Amazon and anyone else.

Why do you think the River and other sites are any different?  They all show "alternatives" to what your are buying, frequently from your competitors.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Selling

First, it's not YOUR page.  You rent a portion of a company owned page.  Other stuff is shown on the rest of the page, including listings of other sellers.

Second, your stuff is shown on other company owned pages, including pages containing listings of other sellers.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Selling

But wouldn't your listings also be on their listings making it equal...guarantee if you beat their prices you won't have any issues. DO YOU HAVE THE LOWEST PRICES OVER YOUR CONPETITORS?

Wait, no you don't, not even close. Just checked. How do you expect to sell with prices soaring over competitors? It's not a platform you need.

photo 1: your listing

photo2: same items $50 cheaper. 

Photo3:TLS2200 you're selling for $375 

photo4:TLS2200 from other sellers over $200 cheaper! Your price at $375 is insane. Can't imagine the rest of the stuff. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Selling

I believe we've all seen this and subject to it in our listings.  As others have said we are renting a portion of the  our listing pages from eBay. 

I see that as a somewhat recent intrusion policy by eBay.  And if we don't like it we can go across the street.... to ah,  I don't know. Across the street is an empty  parking lot or maybe a  Marble Orchard  (cemetery)..... lol.

What I see possibly coming is a higher  listing charge for "First Class Exclusive Use Pages" where our competitors aren't riding along.  This would further imply our products won't be shown on the  "Coach Class " or Cargo Hold" listings of other sellers which is my preference. Am I willing to pay a higher listing cost the First Class?  Yes, depending how much eBay charges as it will be added in to my selling prices.

What won't be tolerated is any higher eBay commissions on these First Class pages.  And we all get a commisson on every sale of all items encroaching on our "Cargo Hold" listings.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Selling

@hugh2-stuff wrote:

If you turn off cross-promotions in your preferences, they will show other listings, but they will be random listings. 

On the other hand, with cross-promotions turned on, your items show up on their pages also.

Selling

@hugh2-stuff wrote:

You can opt out of cross promotion.

Go to site preferences, find marketing tools, and opt out.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply