cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money seemed like it vanished from "My Funds".

I am very confused. I looked not even 30 mins ago and had money in my funds, checked back around 20 and had none. I had no payouts issued whatsoever. Does anybody know what would be up with this? I am completely new to this and have no clue what would be going on. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Money seemed like it vanished from "My Funds".

Welcome to Ebay.  Sometimes it is just a matter of getting use to how things present to us.  In this case I encourage you to go to the link below, which is your Summary page and look at it closely.  Now it is possible that since you are a new seller that your funds are on hold.  But look at this screen closely as it will likely answer your questions.  But if it doesn't, come on back and we can try to further assist you.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin

Ebay has had a rule for many years that pertains to New Seller and sellers that have been away from selling for 90+ days. The following is the policy that outlines why you money is likely on hold.

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/payment-holds/

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Welcome to Ebay.  Sometimes it is just a matter of getting use to how things present to us.  In this case I encourage you to go to the link below, which is your Summary page and look at it closely.  Now it is possible that since you are a new seller that your funds are on hold.  But look at this screen closely as it will likely answer your questions.  But if it doesn't, come on back and we can try to further assist you.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin

Ebay has had a rule for many years that pertains to New Seller and sellers that have been away from selling for 90+ days. The following is the policy that outlines why you money is likely on hold.

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/payment-holds/

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&...

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I checked everything carefully and I'm still not sure what's going on

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

It is there.  Does it show it is on hold?  

How about the box on the right that shows Recent Activity?  There you see ALL the money in and money out.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Try this link:

https://www.ebay.com/mes/transactionlist?sh=true

This shows all your transactions, from the latest to the oldest.

Where it says Total Funds, the very first row, that should be what would be available.  But if anything is pending, you may show less available than that.

gator08041971_0-1711565709131.png

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

So is my payments being sent to my bank? I found everything but I am still absolutely sure I'm missing money.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I think I figured it out. Sorry for wasting your guy's time. I think my money should be here in a couple of days. Thank you guys very much. 

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@thecomfymonkey wrote:

So is my payments being sent to my bank? I found everything but I am still absolutely sure I'm missing money.

I'm not sure I understand.  On the link I gave you in my first response, it will tell you on that screen if any money has been sent to your bank.  A payout to you.  All the details are on that page.  I thought you had reviewed the link?

40.jpg41.jpg

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Yes I saw that. I was asking if eBay automatically sends on or do I have to ask for it?  I have payments set to weekly. 

Sorry for the confusion. 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@thecomfymonkey 

Congrats on your sales as a new seller! Since you are new, your funds are going to be on hold and can be for up to 30 days.  You had fees deducted and shipping costs as well that because the buyer pays for shipping from the sale, so that money isn't yours.  You need to accept returns, especially as a new seller.  If a customer files a not as described case or not received, they can get their money back as well as keep your item, because you don't accept returns.

You're doing a nice job.  The money will come soon.  

Happy Selling

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Did you have a sale and print a shipping label?  That tends to eat away at funds while you're not looking.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@thecomfymonkey wrote:

Yes I saw that. I was asking if eBay automatically sends on or do I have to ask for it?  I have payments set to weekly. 

Sorry for the confusion. 

If you have it set for weekly, then they send it weekly.  You can change your option for when your Payout is sent any time.

When Ebay sends a payout, they also send you an email telling you they sent it and how much they sent.  So you may want to check your Ebay messages too.

Good Luck.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@thecomfymonkey wrote:

Sorry for the confusion. 

As long as everything is set up right, you don't have to do anything.

Any avaliable fund will be automatically sent to your checking account every Tuesday, for weekly payments.

How long it takes to hit your bank account, depends on your bank.  It could be the next day or a few days.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I am going through the same issue.

It seems like my money is just disappearing from my...

Ebay account.

Checking  account.

Savings account.

401K.

Wallet.

Pocket.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

You guys helped so much. Thanks again and I hope everyone has a good Easter over the weekend! 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply