cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mistaken or fraudulant SNAD cases. How has ebay not fixed this problem yet?

With all the money they put into this company, how can they not have something in place for when buyers CLEARLY open up the wrong type of return? The amount of hours I've wasted talking to clueless reps,   I'm on hold right now waiting for a rep, after spending 70 minutes on the phone, with NOTHING to show for it!  ah, just want to pull my hair out. Don't know if this is looking for advice, or just wanting to rant. I'm just exhausted.

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Trinton said, very recently, that there is now something in place, some sort of seller protection where ebay will close the request in the sellers favror if they see that its clearly buyers remorse. Supposedly you can just use the "ask ebay to step in" link. I cannot in good faith recommend you do that though because it may not end the way it supposed to end, you could lose and get an unresolved by seller strike.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 44
latest reply

@jpcustomsonlinewrote:

ah, just want to pull my hair out. Don't know if this is looking for advice, or just wanting to rant. I'm just exhausted.

Is it really worth it? a couple of bucks is not worth it I don't think, block them and move on.

Message 3 of 44
latest reply

@missjen831wrote:

Trinton said, very recently, that there is now something in place, some sort of seller protection where ebay will close the request in the sellers favror if they see that its clearly buyers remorse. Supposedly you can just use the "ask ebay to step in" link. I cannot in good faith recommend you do that though because it may not end the way it supposed to end, you could lose and get an unresolved by seller strike.

I just spoke to someone in charge. They told me, that in the past 2 weeks, they have a new policy, where they will not change FOR ANY REASON, a buyers remorse case opened as a SNAD. Period. That they are getting rid of any ability for an ebay rep to do ANYTHING about it. They are willing to let you appeal it and get the RETURN shipping costs back, if you call in and ask them ( maybe), but that's it.

Message 4 of 44
latest reply

@richards*rock*collectionwrote:

@jpcustomsonlinewrote:

ah, just want to pull my hair out. Don't know if this is looking for advice, or just wanting to rant. I'm just exhausted.

Is it really worth it? a couple of bucks is not worth it I don't think, block them and move on.

Couple bucks? This is about restocking fees as well. And international shipping charges. And buyers that buy overnight shipping. We lose ALL OF THAT! If a buyer buys overnight, and we pay for overnight, and they open up a false snad, we lose that money!!!

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

@jpcustomsonlinewrote:

With all the money they put into this company, how can they not have something in place for when buyers CLEARLY open up the wrong type of return? The amount of hours I've wasted talking to clueless reps,   I'm on hold right now waiting for a rep, after spending 70 minutes on the phone, with NOTHING to show for it!  ah, just want to pull my hair out. Don't know if this is looking for advice, or just wanting to rant. I'm just exhausted.

Because eBay gets to keep your FVF's on a NAD claim. Why should they really put much effort into an investigation that will cost them fee reversals.

Message 6 of 44
latest reply

@jpcustomsonlinewrote:

@missjen831wrote:

I just spoke to someone in charge. They told me, that in the past 2 weeks, they have a new policy, where they will not change FOR ANY REASON, a buyers remorse case opened as a SNAD. Period. That they are getting rid of any ability for an ebay rep to do ANYTHING about it. They are willing to let you appeal it and get the RETURN shipping costs back, if you call in and ask them ( maybe), but that's it.

Thats a direct contradiction to what Trinton told us! I know they can't officially change the return reason but they can make the buyer pay for return shipping.

Here's some of what trinton said on this thread https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Buyer-Requests-Return-Did-Not-Read-Description-eBay-Agrees-But...

"As long as the seller has responded to their buyer in some way within the return, we will review and take appropriate steps to resolve the dispute. If the buyer's request is for a reason we consider remorse, the seller has not invited the return and there is no return policy then we will close the case in the seller's favor. This would not record a case closed without seller resolution strike, as the seller has won the case.

"If there is not a return policy, but the seller is willing to take the return at the buyer's expense, then they would also be expected to make this clear and we would authorize the return at the buyer's expense once we are asked to step in. There would not be any case closed without seller resolution strike recorded under these circumstances. There would not be any case closed without seller resolution strike recorded under this scenario."

Here's another thread that may help too https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Situation-similar-to-Livadia-how-will-this-play-out/m-p/281202...

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

@timemachine777wrote:

@jpcustomsonlinewrote:

Because eBay gets to keep your FVF's on a NAD claim. Why should they really put much effort into an investigation that will cost them fee reversals.

They only keep the FVF if ebay is asked to step in and the seller loses. If the OP accepts the return, he gets his FVFs back.

Message 8 of 44
latest reply

makes you want to re-think selling ones items overseas, especially expensive items, good luck recouping your losses, I feel ya, being in business really hurts sometimes, all you can do is raise your prices and shipping to compensate for setbacks like this, welcome to ebay.
You have been on the phone a long time, might as well ride it out and please tell us what happens, thanks
Message 9 of 44
latest reply

@missjen831wrote:

@timemachine777wrote:

@jpcustomsonlinewrote:

They only keep the FVF if ebay is asked to step in and the seller loses. If the OP accepts the return, he gets his FVFs back.

eBay kept my 14.00 and when I appealed it a few times I lost every case. eBay also refunded they buyer the same day they shipped the item back. 

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

this is the number one flaw at ebay now, lie and say not as described and get free shipping back to the seller, it needs to be fixed, it is driving sellers away. Sellers who sell low priced items and many of them do not feel this defect, so selling high dollar items on ebay is risky unless you reflect this in the price and shipping cost.
Message 11 of 44
latest reply

@richards*rock*collectionwrote:
makes you want to re-think selling ones items overseas, especially expensive items, good luck recouping your losses, I feel ya, being in business really hurts sometimes, all you can do is raise your prices and shipping to compensate for setbacks like this, welcome to ebay.
You have been on the phone a long time, might as well ride it out and please tell us what happens, thanks

That's why I use GSP for eBay international transactions. Bad enough when you get scammed by the buyer, even worse when eBay kicks you in the teeth, when your down. Just a for good measure love tap.

Message 12 of 44
latest reply

If I am reading Trinton's comments correctly, they only apply if the seller has a No Returns policy.  OP apparently accepts returns.

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

@timemachine777wrote:

@missjen831wrote:

@timemachine777wrote:

@jpcustomsonlinewrote:

eBay kept my 14.00 and when I appealed it a few times I lost every case. eBay also refunded they buyer the same day they shipped the item back. 

Just looked into it, and realized that they stole my money multiple times as well.  And now they are blaming me refunding the people through paypal THE WAY THEY TOLD ME TO DO IT, as the reason. Because even tho they closed the case out because I showed proof of a refund, it wasn't actioned through ebay, so it's as if no refund was ever given.

How is this legal!??! this is straight up theft. I have two cases right now, that due to ebays inept IT department, isn't letting me process the refund, and again, they are telling me to go through paypal. If I knew I don't get my FVF if I take THEIR ADVICE, I would never have done it! What a scam.

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

I do also recommend global shipping program even to Canada, as an added measure I put this in the return detail box " Returns are accepted only if the buyer pays for the return shipping, buyer enters a contract upon purchase to abide by this rule, no exceptions. Of course a snad will override this, but it makes me feel better, I feel for the O.P> I have not had anything bad like this happen to me, but lets face it, I sell Rocks.
Message 15 of 44
latest reply